my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » new RAGE! in g/s

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: new RAGE! in g/s
spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 04-05-2001 12:49 AM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ahoy, all. been testing again and found out some cool stuff about rage. since i haven't seen ANYTHING about it anywhere (for g/s) and i'm unable to check it against the actual game code, some of it is educated guessing.

rage does not raise the grade (max of 6) of your attack stat as do other stat raising attacks. the damage it does rises much to quickly for this to be the case. it also continues to rise, running out of pp with an attack stat near or over 10,000 for a spinarak with an actual attack of 18! so i ran through several battles with that spinarak against a maxed out quagsire with false swipe (which still raises attack against rage). ran all the numbers through an excel spreadsheet and here's what i've come up with:

an unknown multiplier exists in the battle damage formula for g/s, which starts at 1. when a pokémon's rage builds, this multiplier raises. over the course of several battles, exhausting rage's pp against false swipe each time, i've concluded that this multiplier in the battle damage formula is raised by a number between .92 and .95, though those numbers themselves are outside the correct range. my educated guess is that it's 236/255. since the random number applied at the end of the formula is 217 to 255, 236 would be considered the average. so i plugged 236/255 into the excel spreadsheet and it works like a charm!

so here we go:
integer of ((((lvl*2/5)+2)*atk*pow/def/50)+2)*stab*typ*rage*rnd/255

where:
atk is attacker's attack
pow is attack's power
def is defender's defense
stab is same type attack bonus
typ is type difference bonus
rage is (1+(hits*236/255))
rnd is a random number (217-255)

comments?

------------------
i am the sandshrew! cu-cu-kachoo!
"use a slowpoke tail and pretend it's a dildo. i do it all the time!" - onix12
"poli!!! :@ whoo! a poli smiley... well, kinda..." - kerokato

Yay Porygon
Farting Nudist
Member # 810

Member Rated:
posted 04-05-2001 01:29 AM      Profile for Yay Porygon   Author's Homepage   Email Yay Porygon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nice work. And just as I was planning a Rage-based set for GSC this morning...heh. That's a dang powerful Spinarak: how could you tell about the 10.000 Att though?

------------------
Oy.

From: Peregrine Island | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 04-05-2001 01:57 AM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
well, it was actually only 6,923.3333

i guesstimated in the post cuz i didn't feel like whipping out the calculator to get the exact number. i just remembered it was in the high thousands.

how? just ran it through the battle damage formula backwards. got it right here at azure.

------------------

kelv
Farting Nudist
Member # 843

posted 04-06-2001 12:20 AM      Profile for kelv   Email kelv   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't get the "hits" part. Can you please explain?
spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 04-06-2001 12:37 AM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"hits" are the hits the pokémon takes after it starts using rage, when it says the pokémon's "rage is building". it starts off at 0 and each time the "rage is building" message appears, "hits" increases by 1.

------------------

spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 06-03-2001 02:12 AM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
gah, my bdf's been so totally fucked up from the start. had the integer functions all wrong. anywho, i've got everything working correctly now, and all the numbers are crunching through the formulae just fine. ignore all that .92/.95 and 236/255 karp. it's wrong.

int((int(int(int(lvl*2/5+2)*atk*pow/def)/50)+2)*stab*typ*rage*rnd/255)

where:
atk is attacker's attack
pow is attack's power
def is defender's defense
stab is same type attack bonus
typ is type difference bonus
rage is (1+hits)
rnd is a random number (217-255)

if anyone still cares about present, it's coming along nicely now. just having a little problem with the rock and steel types.

------------------
"so? mentar thinks it's a good idea." - givera
"there ain't nothin' like whackin' and snackin'." - pkthunder

Brayze
Farting Nudist
Member # 1286

Member Rated:
posted 06-03-2001 03:12 AM      Profile for Brayze     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Umbreon

Mean Look
Rage
Growl
Moonlight
@leftovers

You like? Too bad there's no charm.

------------------
"Have bacon! Coffee! Come on, you're American!" - The Japanese

From: Lunar Palace ver. 3.1 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
TeeJay
Farting Nudist
Member # 265

Member Rated:
posted 06-03-2001 11:51 AM      Profile for TeeJay     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Very good work.

------------------
"You a pothead, Focker?" - DeNiro
AIM: daBIGTom

From: Overland Park, Kansas, USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
poccil
Farting Nudist
Member # 1457

posted 06-03-2001 07:09 PM      Profile for poccil   Author's Homepage   Email poccil   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by spunman:
if anyone still cares about present, it's coming along nicely now. just having a little problem with the rock and steel types.

For my information, exactly how far?

------------------
Peter Occil, in charge of The Ultimate Pokemon Center
Check out my Gold/Silver Guides! http://www.poccil.f2s.com/games/gs/guides/
Help me answer tough GS questions!

Jigglypuff
Farting Nudist
Member # 144

Member Rated:
posted 06-03-2001 08:43 PM      Profile for Jigglypuff   Email Jigglypuff   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is better then Belly Drum....

Charizard

Rage
Double Team
Rest
Growl

/me has trouble making a pokémon moveset without DT/Minimize

------------------
Member of DTaholics annonymous
Member of Neopets!
real killer, I think, is hopelessness" - Brayze

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.