The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » How exactly does the move rememberer guy work?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How exactly does the move rememberer guy work?
MegaScythe
I am resposible for Grease 2.
Member # 1097

Member Rated:
posted 04-04-2001 09:37 PM      Profile for MegaScythe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ive been wondering about this. I want a Blissey with HealBell/ThunderWave. would I be able to get HealBell on Chansey, forget it, trade to Red, teach T-wave, get to move rememberer, then get HealBell back? Thanks.

------------------
"I am happy, im feelin glad. I've got sunshine, in a bag.Im useless, but not for the long, the future is comin on."-Gorillaz, "Clint Eastwood"

Fractyl
Farting Nudist
Member # 1311

Member Rated:
posted 04-05-2001 02:26 AM      Profile for Fractyl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think the way it works is that if you bred moves and delete them, you can remember those moves at the re-learning post. I'll run a test to see if it is true or not.

------------------
I will ignore that statement, and reply with the thought of Mr. Mimes giving handjobs.
*Mr. Mime used Double Slap!*--Mick_Hale

From: Wetlands of Langley B.C. | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 04-05-2001 06:04 AM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've yet to get my hands on PSta2, so this is all second-hand info, but i think that u can relearn any moves that the pokemon would naturally learn. So no, pretty sure there's no way for that moveset to work..

------------------
[This message has been edited by Random Loser (edited 05-23-1985).]

From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 04-05-2001 06:50 AM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think the way it works is that if you bred moves and delete them, you can remember those moves at the re-learning post.

Doesn't seem likely to me though that the game would record which moves were bred onto a Pokémon - I'd say it's more probable that it just lets you give whatever move you want.

Then again, I could be wrong.

------------------
!

Pokegod
Farting Nudist
Member # 977

posted 04-06-2001 03:54 PM      Profile for Pokegod     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What I heard is that it only lets you re-learn natural moves, not TM's or bred moves. It supposedly works even if you never knew the move, just as long as its on the list of moves you can learn naturally. Moltres could "re-learn" flamethrower this way because its on its list. You can also get aero blast/sacred fire on a level 70 lugia/ho-oh.

------------------

From: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
jedi_DOJ
Farting Nudist
Member # 844

Member Rated:
posted 04-06-2001 04:55 PM      Profile for jedi_DOJ     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hmmm... I have staduim 2 and I'll test it this weekend.

It does say something like "what TM would you like your pokemon to learn." I noticed that if you pokemon already knows that move, it's not listed (e.g., if my machamp knew cross chop already, so it would not be listed). When i was at the guy, I didn't pay too much attention on what moves were bred on or not.

My assumption is, if your pokemon learns the moves via levels and you don't alread have it, it is an option to re-learn. Saying that, moves that are taught via TM or bred will not be listed.

That being said, one shouldn't have encore and rockslide on a machamp for example. If my assumption is wrong, then this moveset should be acceptable. Again if my assumption is wrong, then any move listed by the academy could be "re-learned," moves from TM of any version, bred moves, and leveling moves.

------------------

[This message has been edited by jedi_DOJ (edited 04-06-2001).]

Thom Burr
Farting Nudist
Member # 1267

Member Rated:
posted 04-06-2001 11:36 PM      Profile for Thom Burr   Email Thom Burr   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've actually used Move Remember once, to get Thunderwave back L100 Pikachu from Yellow. I had been meaning to do it for a while (a long time ago, I made Pikachu forget it 'cause I couldn't figure out what it did) but I didn't want to waste an RBY TM.

Obviously, I haven't tested this, but I'd rate the odds of remembering forgotten bred moves at near zero percent...It's hard to imagine that Game Freak would have left--or rather, arranged--such a stupid loophole...

------------------
This is not a signature.

Fractyl
Farting Nudist
Member # 1311

Member Rated:
posted 04-07-2001 05:23 AM      Profile for Fractyl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I tested it using a Scyher I had bred Baton Pass onto. I deleted that move in G/S and ran through the E4 and Lance in Sta2, when I came to the move rememberer, I couldn't re-learn Baton Pass

------------------
I will ignore that statement, and reply with the thought of Mr. Mimes giving handjobs.
*Mr. Mime used Double Slap!*--Mick_Hale

From: Wetlands of Langley B.C. | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 04-07-2001 07:07 AM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Every Pokémon has a set list of "re-learnable" attacks. Some attacks require being on a certain version (ie Mewtwo on Red Version can't re-learn all the "new" attacks that it can on Gold Version), and level (a level 5 Scyther can't relearn its attakcs learned around level 40 or 50). What a Pokémon actually knew or forgot makes no difference.

--Meowth346

------------------
Researcher in charge of Pokémon Forever, a compilation of about 1/1000th of my work.

MegaScythe
I am resposible for Grease 2.
Member # 1097

Member Rated:
posted 04-07-2001 11:59 AM      Profile for MegaScythe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, knowing that now, I would be able to get a Moltres with say, Flamethrower or WingAttack?

------------------
"I am happy, im feelin glad. I've got sunshine, in a bag.Im useless, but not for long, the future is comin on."-Gorillaz, "Clint Eastwood"

Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 04-07-2001 04:14 PM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MegaScythe:
Well, knowing that now, I would be able to get a Moltres with say, Flamethrower or WingAttack?

Yes..

------------------

mleo2003
Farting Nudist
Member # 1618

Member Rated:
posted 04-07-2001 09:32 PM      Profile for mleo2003   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
About the set of "re-learnable" moves, does anyone have or know of a site taht has that list? Or is the list just in the game code right now? The reason I ask is I am planning on making a type of Pokedex for the computer that will have Base Stat comparison and other similar features. I soon as I figure out how, I will also have a place for you to input a Pokemon, input a level and 4 attacks, and the program will tell you if you can make it. This will take a lot of time and a lot of effort, but anyhing good does. Please help me out.

------------------
Come to my Pokemon Gameshark Page:
http://www.maxpages.com/mattspokeshark/

From: Forest, Mississippi | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
PoKamek
Farting Nudist
Member # 257

Rate Member
posted 04-08-2001 12:21 AM      Profile for PoKamek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Question: Do you have to beat the Elite Four every time you want to remember moves, or does it just unlock a feature in the game where you can go to him whenever you want?

It would seem like a real hassle to have to constantly beat the Elite Four just to get the right moves on your Pokemon ~_~

------------------
Kamek, Master Magikoopa
Kamek's Kastle

From: Koopa Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Thom Burr
Farting Nudist
Member # 1267

Member Rated:
posted 04-08-2001 12:58 PM      Profile for Thom Burr   Email Thom Burr   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yep, you gotta beat the E4 (plus Lance the Gameshark Master) before you can use Move Remember--and you've got to go through this each and every time you want to use the Move Remeber trick.

I've done it twice so far (got Safeguard onto old L100 RBY Mewtwo, woohoo!)...It takes maybe thirty minutes to zap 'em all. Not exactly convienient, but much, much faster than raising a new pokemon...

------------------
This is not a signature.

Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 04-08-2001 02:27 PM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mleo2003:The list is simply any attack that the pokemon could learn naturally, so any of the many lists of level-up moves would give it to you. To learn G/S moves the pokemon must be on a g/s cart, and I think it has to be up to the level that it would normally learn it.

------------------

mleo2003
Farting Nudist
Member # 1618

Member Rated:
posted 04-08-2001 02:54 PM      Profile for mleo2003   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the info, I'll put it in my program.

------------------
Come to my Pokemon Gameshark Page:
http://www.maxpages.com/mattspokeshark/

From: Forest, Mississippi | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.