The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Hyper Beam, backlash

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hyper Beam, backlash
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 04-03-2001 10:31 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ok, let's get this straight here. Anyone please disagree with any point here if you have reason to: this is what I remember from trials in the past / what I've heard:

Chromatic Gameboy:

Hyper Beam needs a recharge only if it hits and does not KO the target. If it hits and KOs, or if it misses, no recharge is needed.
<I'm almost positive of this>

Backlash moves: After dealing damage, the monster immediately takes damage appropriate to the move used, whether it knocks out the opponent or not. If this knocks him out, the round is over (other guy misses his move).

Chromatic Stadium:

Hyper Beam always needs to recharge, even after misses and KOs.

Backlash moves will deal no damage to you if the monster you attack faints.

Metallic Stadium:

Hyper Beam doesn't need to recharge if it misses.

Chromatic Gameboy rules?

And I haven't even tested Metallic Gameboy through and through. Any body know how this works for sure, no questions asked before I go and test stuff?

------------------
-cfalcon

"DAMN those are some skinny sick cows"
-pkthunder sighting a field of horses

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Kingdra The horsea
Farting Nudist
Member # 1637

Member Rated:
posted 04-04-2001 06:18 AM      Profile for Kingdra The horsea   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
in ye old red times, u know the move amensia? lol. come on, that wuz god in pokmeon red. meanwhile in gold all it did wuz raise it's spcl.def. but red was kinda a werid game. they never did the entire 24/7 on makeing pokemon red. not like pokemon gold.*bows im out

------------------
BUR!, its cold in here!, there must be some jynx's in the atmosphere!!!

From: Sayreville NJ USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 04-04-2001 10:07 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, yea.

But what does that have to do with the two specific questions I've asked (backlash moves and hyper beam's performance across versions)?

------------------
-cfalcon

"DAMN those are some skinny sick cows"
-pkthunder sighting a field of horses

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Kingdra The horsea
Farting Nudist
Member # 1637

Member Rated:
posted 04-04-2001 03:33 PM      Profile for Kingdra The horsea   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
opps. i forgot to end it. *sweatdrop. I mean that by hyper beam is a big NO in pokemon gold. frenkly, after pokemon gold but the stats. more into hyper beam doesnt take off much sure its a lot but in heated battles its FAR too risky for a move like that.

------------------
BUR!, its cold in here!, there must be some jynx's in the atmosphere!!!

From: Sayreville NJ USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
MewtwoSama
Asshole
Member # 12

Member Rated:
posted 04-04-2001 04:57 PM      Profile for MewtwoSama   Author's Homepage   Email MewtwoSama   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know this is both off topic and very mean, but I have to do this.

quote:

I spelll gooder den u doo!

Dis Pookémon is Feraligatr. Yoo spel tha Feraligatr, just like monstr and boogr. I m gladd dat niNtender make Feraligatr spelt lik i lik to spelll wordes. Stoopid iz as stuped doez. Win won fore duh Gipper, Nintando!

------------------
Snoochie boochie noochies

From: Abyss of Evil | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Continue
Farting Nudist
Member # 31

Member Rated:
posted 04-04-2001 10:21 PM      Profile for Continue   Email Continue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cfalcon:
Ok, let's get this straight here. Anyone please disagree with any point here if you have reason to: this is what I remember from trials in the past / what I've heard:

Chromatic Gameboy:

Hyper Beam needs a recharge only if it hits and does not KO the target. If it hits and KOs, or if it misses, no recharge is needed.
<I'm almost positive of this>

Backlash moves: After dealing damage, the monster immediately takes damage appropriate to the move used, whether it knocks out the opponent or not. If this knocks him out, the round is over (other guy misses his move).

Chromatic Stadium:

Hyper Beam [b]always needs to recharge, even after misses and KOs.

Backlash moves will deal no damage to you if the monster you attack faints.

Metallic Stadium:

Hyper Beam doesn't need to recharge if it misses.

Chromatic Gameboy rules?

And I haven't even tested Metallic Gameboy through and through. Any body know how this works for sure, no questions asked before I go and test stuff?
[/B]

Hyper beam behavior:

G/S - No turn loss occurs when the move misses, this includes when the move misses due to Protect/Detect. A turn is lost when the pokemon that is hit by it faints. A turn is lost when a Substitute is hit by the move, whether or not it is destroyed (this last part is courtesy of Bandraptor).

Stadium 2 - Identical to the loss pattern in G/S.

Backlash moves (i.e. Take Down):

G/S - Damage is taken when damage is done to the opponent, even if the opponent faints. 1 point of damage is taken when a Substitute is broken by the use of a backlash move.

Stadium 2 - The behavior is identical to what is listed above in G/S.

From: Boca Raton, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
kikered
Farting Nudist
Member # 830

Member Rated:
posted 04-06-2001 09:53 AM      Profile for kikered   Email kikered   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Speaking of which, I was playing a Chromatics battle against an OP League member a long time ago. I was a somewhat stupid newb at the time so I had a HyperBeaming Jolteon. >_< After using HyperBeam, Jolty got frozen solid. The damn game wouldn't let me switch out cuz Jolty "had to recharge" after each turn it was frozen. Boo.

------------------
"Standards my arse!"
-Me

AIM: kikered

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 04-07-2001 01:00 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hmm, I wonder if it works like that with sleep and other two-turn moves (Solar Beam, etc.) as well...

------------------
"Sometimes politicians prefer to bury their heads in the sand and thereby expose another part of their anatomies for public viewing."
-- Bishop Fred Henry

OrientalNoodle
Farting Nudist
Member # 616

Member Rated:
posted 04-07-2001 04:15 AM      Profile for OrientalNoodle   Author's Homepage   Email OrientalNoodle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No-one uses two-turned Solarbeams, so nobody knows :P

Really, though, when I was a COMPLETE newbie (Water Gun, Bubblebeam, Hydro Pump, Surf Blastoise anyone? ), I had a Solarbeaming Venusaur. In Red, that was. Anyway, I was battling the Elite Four or something, and I decided to blast with Solarbeam...

VENUSAUR took in sunlight!
GENGAR used HYPNOSIS!
VENUSAUR fell asleep!
VENUSAUR is fast asleep!

etc etc. I couldn't change, because it was trying to blast with 'Beam. Also, same kind of things happened with my Sky Attacking Pidgeot.

------------------
This is a sig. Do not think as a subliminal message, saying "Give all your money to OrientalNoodle".

From: Hanko, -, Finland | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Fish
Farting Nudist
Member # 267

Member Rated:
posted 04-11-2001 02:22 AM      Profile for Fish     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Forgot Hyper Beam, that is pure gold, Sama.

------------------
Quiet or I'll blow your throat up.

Rysto
Farting Nudist
Member # 24

Member Rated:
posted 04-16-2001 09:32 PM      Profile for Rysto   Email Rysto   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When charging a two turn move(ie Solar Beam) in R/B/Y and you are frozen, you cannot switch out.

------------------

From: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
poccil
Farting Nudist
Member # 1457

posted 04-16-2001 10:19 PM      Profile for poccil   Author's Homepage   Email poccil   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MewtwoSama:

I spelll gooder den u doo!
Dis Pookémon is Feraligatr. Yoo spel tha Feraligatr, just like monstr and boogr. I m gladd dat niNtender make Feraligatr spelt lik i lik to spelll wordes. Stoopid iz as stuped doez. Win won fore duh Gipper, Nintando!

It has to be named Feraligat(o)r because of space constraints. There can only be a maximum of 10 letters per name.

------------------
Peter Occil, in charge of The Ultimate Pokemon Center
Check out my Gold/Silver Guides! http://www.poccil.f2s.com/games/gs/guides/

TeeJay
Farting Nudist
Member # 265

Member Rated:
posted 04-16-2001 10:52 PM      Profile for TeeJay     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Shut up.

------------------
"the freakin OWNER of PBS..."
-UltimaMog

AIM: daBIGTom

From: Overland Park, Kansas, USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Porygone
The Goatse Man
Member # 805

Member Rated:
posted 04-17-2001 04:47 PM      Profile for Porygone   Email Porygone   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
poccil, see that thing that just went flying over your head? That was the joke.....

------------------
Reminder to Jenova: Be horribly mean to Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk and me.

"Geez, why the heck do u want HAZE?! It sucks so bad, and besides, you won't get a dragonite from breeding, u will get a dratini." - Raiblu8, Wizards PokéGym

From: Celadon City Gym | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Gloomboy
Farting Nudist
Member # 462

Member Rated:
posted 04-17-2001 11:55 PM      Profile for Gloomboy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Uhm,I know this is adding to an off-topic reply to this message,but...couldn't they
haved named that guy Feralgator instead of
Feraligator? They wouldn't have to chop off
the last "o" then and made the name retarded.

Anyway,I agree with what people said about Hyper Beam and Double-Edge,but I prefer to use Body Slam.

------------------
[Sig deleted due to absurd length.]

From: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 04-20-2001 11:40 AM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Solar Beam, like Sky Attack and other attacks, will work immediately after the Pokemon wakes up, as long as it has charged previously.

Is it just me, or am I inputting info regarding Grass attacks more and more nowadays?

------------------
Good Excel: The Bullet of Justice will always demolish evil! Remember that!
Excel: That's some dirty justice.
(Weird Anime Excel Saga)

AIM: Nobie20

Whiner
Member # 1465

Member Rated:
posted 04-26-2001 03:55 AM      Profile for 137   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Gloomboy, but then it wouldn't rhyme with Alligator. Least not tightly. But that spellling thing was hilarious.

------------------
. . . probabilities abound, and all becomes uncertain . . .

From: Space. Like, outer space. | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Biffster
Farting Nudist
Member # 269

Member Rated:
posted 04-26-2001 10:28 AM      Profile for Biffster     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, it is.
From: Viridian City (On the road at least) | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.