The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » How do you discover a Pokémon's DVs?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How do you discover a Pokémon's DVs?
Wiccan
Farting Nudist
Member # 606

Member Rated:
posted 04-03-2001 05:52 PM      Profile for Wiccan   Author's Homepage   Email Wiccan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am sure that this has been asked before but I searched for it and could not find it. Anyways my Pokémon are al at level 100, and I need to find out their origian DVs.

------------------
Brightest Blessings -
Wiccan
--------
Gary's Pokémon Academy
--------
"DAMAGE BIG! THUNDER HURT MORE!" The Rookie's Newbie impression

Cesar
Farting Nudist
Member # 529

Member Rated:
posted 04-03-2001 08:03 PM      Profile for Cesar   Email Cesar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You must box like you never boxed before.

After your done boxing them to the max, use the skill-stat finder to look up your pokemon and its level.

For every two points you are off, it counts as 1 DV

code:

DV Points off
15 | 0
14 | 2
13 | 4
12 | 6
11 | 8
10 | 10
9 | 12
8 | 14
7 | 16
6 | 18
5 | 20
4 | 22
3 | 24
2 | 26
1 | 28
0 | 30

------------------
NidoGod- Earthquake, Amnesia, Ice Beam, submission @leftovers
"They should have more shows about Professor Oak. He's got a great job, writes interesting papers, makes all kinds of important discoveries, takes care of all those Pokemon and still finds time to bang Ash's mom."- Mr.K

From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
poccil
Farting Nudist
Member # 1457

posted 04-03-2001 08:37 PM      Profile for poccil   Author's Homepage   Email poccil   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Read my guide on Deter Values to find out.

------------------
Peter Occil, in charge of The Ultimate Pokemon Center
Check out my Gold/Silver Guides! http://www.poccil.f2s.com/games/gs/guides/

Wiccan
Farting Nudist
Member # 606

Member Rated:
posted 04-03-2001 08:49 PM      Profile for Wiccan   Author's Homepage   Email Wiccan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Poccil, know why I ask questions at this UBB? So I don't have to go to another fucking site to get the info. And is there a faster way to find out a Pokémon's DVs besides boxing?

------------------
Brightest Blessings -
Wiccan
--------
Gary's Pokémon Academy
--------
"DAMAGE BIG! THUNDER HURT MORE!" The Rookie's Newbie impression

spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 04-03-2001 09:23 PM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wiccan: And is there a faster way to find out a Pokémon's DVs besides boxing?

if you've given them vitamins, or if they've gained levels or been boxed after battling, no. if yours are all at lvl 100, your best bet is to box.

if you have a shark and some patience, you could shark up compatible pokémon with various defense and special genes to find out which set of genes cause the two to be "brimming with energy". that could narrow down the possibilities.

------------------
i am the sandshrew! cu-cu-kachoo!
"use a slowpoke tail and pretend it's a dildo. i do it all the time!" - onix12
"poli!!! :@ whoo! a poli smiley... well, kinda..." - kerokato

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 04-03-2001 09:24 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, you have to know how much benefit it is getting from its stat EXP. So you need to know how much stat EXP it has. If you have monsters with an unknown (they've fought, but they aren't fully boxed yet) amount of stat EXP, you might be out of luck.

Here's what I would do:

1- Grab a gameshark. Set it to give your monsters max stat EXP (that info is on this site, if the link off the title page doesn't have it I've typed it up before). Give your monster max stat EXP (effectively boxing him immediately). Then deposit him and take him out. His stats are know fully boxed. If you don't believe in gamesharks, don't save. If you do, you saved yourself a lot of time and lost out on a lot of quality battling. Once you have those numbers you can calculate normally.

On the other hand, if you have lots of rare candy and a monster that has never been used before, you can candy it up to level 50 or level 100 (again, your choice on whether you want to save it or not). Once their you can easily calculate genes.

------------------
-cfalcon

"DAMN those are some skinny sick cows"
-pkthunder sighting a field of horses

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Nirvana
Farting Nudist
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
posted 04-04-2001 02:51 PM      Profile for Nirvana     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I find mine in the way poccil does his. Here is it put simply, the basic formula is :

DV = 15 - ((M-Y)/2)

Here is an actual example:

A Machamp at lv100 with Maximum Stat experience has an Attack Stat of 346. Machamps maximum attack is 358 so:

DV = 15 - ((358 - 346 = 12)/2) = 15 - 6 = 9

So a Machamp with an Attack of 346 has a DV of 9 for Attack. Hope that clears thing up, d00d!

------------------
-ŃďrVÄn@

From: United Kingdom. | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.