The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » New G/S discovery!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New G/S discovery!
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 04-01-2001 05:43 PM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It turns out that there's another type of special Pokemon in Metallics, similar to shineys. These Pokemon's genes are as follows (in binary):

0101 1010
1xx1 x00x

('x' means the bit can be either 1 or 0)

If your Pokemon matches these genes, it will be considered to be "gay". Apparently, this is part of Nintendo's new "Awareness in Video Games" program.

The most significant effect of this status is that gay Pokemon will only be affected by Attract if the opponent using it is the same gender, instead of the opposite. Gay Pokemon without a gender can also be Attracted to other genderless Pokemon.

Another feature of gay Pokemon is that if you show one to Professor Elm, he will give a short speech on the virtues of tolerance. Also, if you attach Pink Bow to one of them, it will boost the power of all types of attacks, not just Normal ones.

Finally, if you have a gay Pokemon, you will see a little icon shaped like James' head on its status screen (where the shiny status indicator would be).

CrystalMeth
Farting Nudist
Member # 1485

Member Rated:
posted 04-01-2001 06:00 PM      Profile for CrystalMeth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*ROFLMAO* I must now go start my quest to catch homosexual pokemon!
From: Hell on Earth | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Fractyl
Farting Nudist
Member # 1311

Member Rated:
posted 04-01-2001 06:47 PM      Profile for Fractyl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That makes sense. It would also explain the relationship between Ash's Bulbasaur and his Heracross.

This might be the key to tolerance in the world. But what kinda status is it when my Totodile wouldn't get it on with my Ditto?

------------------
Pokerus is a Disease your Pokemon get when you use it. They won't like you, no matter what.--pokeworld

Get rid of Flamethrower 4 Fire Blast, Kiss C-ray goodbye cuz they will probably have safeguard, & give it Bper,take awy roar for Agility--
SS_Trunks_316 on a moveset for Ninetales

From: Wetlands of Langley B.C. | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 04-01-2001 08:46 PM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think that would be the 'too many similar DVs' status.

------------------
[This message has been edited by Random Loser (edited 05-23-1985).]

From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
PoKamek
Farting Nudist
Member # 257

Rate Member
posted 04-01-2001 08:52 PM      Profile for PoKamek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ROFL...

"Don't be gay, Growlithe. Don't be gay."

------------------
Kamek, Master Magikoopa
Kamek's Kastle

[This message has been edited by PoKamek (edited 04-01-2001).]

From: Koopa Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
LanderZRPG
Got a whale of a tale to tell ya, lads!
Member # 1615

Member Rated:
posted 04-01-2001 09:50 PM      Profile for LanderZRPG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So, the genes have to be:
Att = 5
Def = 10(a)
Spd = 9-15(9-f)
Spc = 1, 8, or 9

Not nearly as rare as shiny.

Still, an interesting concept. Maybe a gay Starmie would have some use (Get it a DV of 15 for Speed, but it's Spc. Stats will suffer) with Attract.

------------------
Lone Wolf
The last remaining Kai Master.

(Email me at Lander_Z@Hotmail.com)

From: High Prairie, AB, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
LanderZRPG
Member # 1615

Member Rated:
posted 04-01-2001 10:04 PM      Profile for LanderZRPG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Correction:
Att = 5
Def or Spd, which is 1st of 2nd row?: = 9, 11(b), 13(d), 15(f)
Def or Spd, which is 2nd in 1st row?: = 10(a)
Spc = 1, 8 or 9

I actually just tried it on my gamesharking ROM, but it didn't affect my Gastly, Togepi, or Magnemite by turning their icon into a James head....

------------------
Lone Wolf

spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 04-01-2001 10:40 PM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
XD

lander, what day is it again?

starCaliber
is evil and also MewtwoSama
Member # 268

Member Rated:
posted 04-01-2001 11:03 PM      Profile for starCaliber   Email starCaliber   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This merits a post from me in a forum where I do not belong.

White Cat is the pympinest pymp I think I've ever met.

------------------
Hello, Zesty? Call waiting. Hello? Zesty!

From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Yavarice
Farting Nudist
Member # 420

Member Rated:
posted 04-01-2001 11:05 PM      Profile for Yavarice   Author's Homepage   Email Yavarice   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Congratulations White Cat, you managed to get someone.

Porygone
The Goatse Man
Member # 805

Member Rated:
posted 04-01-2001 11:47 PM      Profile for Porygone   Email Porygone   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Someone believed that? I figured everyone knew it was fake. I'm sure we all agree two Machamps going at it Arcanine-style like a Poke-prison movie would cause people to burn their carts.

------------------
This space for rent.

From: Celadon City Gym | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Thom Burr
Farting Nudist
Member # 1267

Member Rated:
posted 04-02-2001 12:57 AM      Profile for Thom Burr   Email Thom Burr   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Heh. This was the only genuinely funny 4/1 joke i saw all day. That said, the TPM site prank was almost clever... Almost...

------------------
This is not a signature.

Mick_Hale
Total Moron
Member # 419

Member Rated:
posted 04-02-2001 01:03 PM      Profile for Mick_Hale   Email Mick_Hale   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
White Cat is the pymp. This is way too cool. This one is more real than some of the crap that comes out of TPM and what not, which makes it even funnier. I dunno, though, the one about fanha being cool in Karp Park was also pretty good, but this was very good.

------------------
"Mmmmm, doughnut" - Homer

From: Thornhill, Ontario, Canada | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Hoppip
Farting Nudist
Member # 449

Member Rated:
posted 04-02-2001 01:34 PM      Profile for Hoppip   Email Hoppip   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh look, it's after 12.

:Hoppip basks in the warm glow of the joke not being on him:

You know, I thought this was something important, like Stomp V Minimise. Or was that another joke?

------------------
"...The single most dominating person in the whole of the anti-sharking world"-
Dragonite21

From: Bath, England | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 04-02-2001 03:52 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was thinking that Machoke should be attracted by pokémon of the same gender, cause Machokes on cock all day.

But this post was hysterical.

------------------
-cfalcon

"DAMN those are some skinny sick cows"
-pkthunder sighting a field of horses

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
LanderZRPG
Member # 1615

Member Rated:
posted 04-02-2001 07:44 PM      Profile for LanderZRPG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lol... Already; You got me.

Although, it would be amusing thinking of the possibilities of gameplay being affected by such a thing... That Starmie idea I had...

Anyways; I admit believing.

------------------
Lone Wolf

KeroKato
Farting Nudist
Member # 230

Member Rated:
posted 04-02-2001 07:46 PM      Profile for KeroKato   Author's Homepage   Email KeroKato   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Single Best April 1 thing this year. Following would be PokemonAbode's new fake Pokemon.

The PokeGods hate PokeFags.

------------------
Visit Reality's End, the Home Page of Phantasy and the R.E. League

"I'm sorry. I just wanted to touch it." - A quote by a cheerleader from my school to me (yes, me) that can be taken way out of context

From: I dunno, somewhere | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
CrystalMeth
Farting Nudist
Member # 1485

Member Rated:
posted 04-02-2001 08:47 PM      Profile for CrystalMeth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I bet lesbian Lickitungs have alot of fun...
From: Hell on Earth | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Porygone
The Goatse Man
Member # 805

Member Rated:
posted 04-02-2001 08:51 PM      Profile for Porygone   Email Porygone   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If two genderless Pokemon are attracted to each other, are they gay or straight?

------------------
This space for rent.

From: Celadon City Gym | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 04-02-2001 10:30 PM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
CrystalMeth: I bet lesbian Lickitungs have alot of fun...

i bet you have a dirtier mind than your boyfriend.

Porygone: If two genderless Pokemon are attracted to each other, are they gay or straight?

you mean like staryu and ditto? i'd have to go with straight on that one

------------------
i am the sandshrew! cu-cu-kachoo!
"use a slowpoke tail and pretend it's a dildo. i do it all the time!" - onix12
"poli!!! :@ whoo! a poli smiley... well, kinda..." - kerokato

Mick_Hale
Total Moron
Member # 419

Member Rated:
posted 04-02-2001 10:32 PM      Profile for Mick_Hale   Email Mick_Hale   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CrystalMeth:
I bet lesbian Lickitungs have alot of fun...

I will ignore that statement, and reply with the thought of Mr. Mimes giving handjobs.

Mr. Mime used Double Slap!

------------------
"oh and remind me to add taping that show to the list of smart things you've done so far this year

now whered i put that post-it" - Yavarice, attempting to pay me a compliment

spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 04-02-2001 11:20 PM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
just please, no one bring up nidoking again...
Fractyl
Farting Nudist
Member # 1311

Member Rated:
posted 04-02-2001 11:33 PM      Profile for Fractyl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mr. Mime giving handjobs?
What about the ultimate PokéSlut: Jynx

Jynx now has a purpose

*Jynx used Lick*

------------------
Pokerus is a Disease your Pokemon get when you use it. They won't like you, no matter what.--pokeworld

Get rid of Flamethrower 4 Fire Blast, Kiss C-ray goodbye cuz they will probably have safeguard, & give it Bper,take awy roar for Agility--
SS_Trunks_316 on a moveset for Ninetales

From: Wetlands of Langley B.C. | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 04-03-2001 08:30 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know what was the prank that Bulbagarden did? I saw some people refer to it elsewhere, but it's not on their page...

------------------
"The fact is that for the leader of the Opposition to stand up in this House and to start citing numbers, Mr. Speaker, is grossly irresponsible."
-- Finance minister Paul Martin, during a debate on the value of the Canadian dollar

Wanderer
Farting Nudist
Member # 351

Member Rated:
posted 04-10-2001 07:15 PM      Profile for Wanderer   Email Wanderer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My GAWD. I laughed till I choked on my popcorn,then I laughed some more till I cried.

That was...beautiful. *applauds*

-Wanderer

------------------

From: Burke,Virginia USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mick_Hale
Total Moron
Member # 419

Member Rated:
posted 07-08-2001 04:17 AM      Profile for Mick_Hale   Email Mick_Hale   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm bored and this was funny. Bump.

------------------
TGD: Mah 'puter crashed again!
Mr. K: Have you got one of those new machines that chokes when you try to shove illogical things into it?
Zerot: Thing is we don't know what sort of things his shoved into his computer.
TGD: Oh, shut up...

spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 07-08-2001 06:56 PM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
my machamp's genes are "5AGG".
i named him "FAGG".

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-10-2001 05:31 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I did the math, if this was true, the odds of getting a gay Pokémon are 1 out of 4096. This is a 0.024414625% chance.

-MK

Atma
Farting Nudist
Member # 689

Member Rated:
posted 07-13-2001 12:05 PM      Profile for Atma   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mr. Mime is a hermpahrodite. C'mon, why else could Mr. Mime be female!?

------------------
"My name is Atma...
I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.
Forgotten in the river of time...
I've had an eternity to ponder the meaning of things...
And now I have an answer..."

From: Cinnabar Isle, Long Island, NY | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 07-14-2001 02:04 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
my machamp's genes are "5AGG".

You lie! 'G' isn't a valid hex digit.

------------------
"Thank you for your e-mail. This Internet of yours is a wonderful invention."
-- George W. Bush, to Al Gore

Thom Burr
Farting Nudist
Member # 1267

Member Rated:
posted 07-14-2001 09:49 AM      Profile for Thom Burr   Email Thom Burr   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think the guy with the gay Machamp might be confused when it comes to hexadecimal...If you start counting from 0, the highest value is F. But if you make the mistake of counting from 1, it would look like G was the final single digit...I've seen other people make the same mistake--I frequently see people refer to a perfect stat as "16"...

On the other hand, he might have been just making a joke. Maybe even playing on on the F/G confusion. And White Cat might be backing him up...I dunno...

------------------
This is not a signature.

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 07-14-2001 03:06 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hmmm...how did I miss this post before?

Good work, Cat.

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ultam
Farting Nudist
Member # 1826

Rate Member
posted 07-15-2001 12:08 AM      Profile for Ultam   Author's Homepage   Email Ultam   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If there are gay Pokemon…then there must be lesbians.

I walked in the room one day and there were my Jynx and my Victreebel…

I thought that was sap coming from my Victreebel's mouth…I hope it was…

And Jynx seemed to be using Lick on the lower places…

------------------
Former GSC and RBY mod of TPM

From: Washington State | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 04-01-2003 04:54 PM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm too lazy to come up with something new this year, so... *bump*

- - - - -
"Anybody gone into Whole Foods lately and see what they charge for arugula?"
-- Barack Obama, campaigning in Iowa

veloS
8=D~~O:
Member # 2636

Member Rated:
posted 04-02-2003 04:48 AM      Profile for veloS     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Great. Didn't know about it. Koffing Awards?

[This Guy]

- - - - -
www.mightyrhapsody.com

Mr.breeder0306
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3293

Rate Member
posted 04-03-2003 09:15 PM      Profile for Mr.breeder0306   Author's Homepage   Email Mr.breeder0306   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
if two gay pokemon copuld breed what would you get?

- - - - -
breed or die!!

Zagyg
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 385

Rate Member
posted 04-03-2003 09:52 PM      Profile for Zagyg   Email Zagyg   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Happened to me, once. After some research, here's how it seems to be:

First off, you need two gay Pokemon, of course, of the same gender, and in the same egg group. (Don't know why the last is a factor, but it is.) Put them both in the daycare center, and wander off. It generally takes longer than for straight Pokemon, so be patient. Eventually, you'll see the old man standing at the usual spot. Go talk to him, and he'll say, 'An amazing thing happened! A DELIBIRD just came and delivered an egg to your Pokemon! Maybe they adopted it?' You'll then get the usual option to pick up the egg if you've got an empty slot.

The Pokemon inside the egg won't necessarily be the same species as either 'parent' -- instead, it'll share an egg group with at least one of them. (Call this one 'Parent 1', and the other 'Parent 2.' Not sure how it's determined which is which.) For a concrete example, my Parent 1 was a female Corsola (Water 1/Water 3), and Parent 2 was a female Totodile (Water 1/Monster). The child was a Krabby (Water 3), but could easily have been, say, a Psyduck (Water 1/Ground).

IVs appear to be generated randomly, as if catching the Pokemon in the wild, so it's not a great way to breed down stats, and the child will have standard chances for being male/female, shiny, gay, etc., with the parents having no bearing on that. On the other hand, *both* are treated as the 'father' for purposes of inheriting moves. If they'd pass on more than 4 moves, Parent 1's moves are applied first, then Parent 2's, pushing out Parent 1's as necessary.

The egg will take the regular time to hatch, and the Pokemon will keep on adopting periodically if you leave them in Daycare (though at a fairly slow rate). There could possibly be some interesting breeding tricks that could come of this, such as finally being able to get two 'incompatable' moves onto a Pokemon without sharking, but I haven't been able to experiment deeply enough for that. Also, haven't figured out yet whether you can get 'unobtainable' Pokemon through this... I've been hoping for my pair to adopt an Omanyte, but haven't seen one yet. Perhaps better researchers than I can figure it out.

Gosh, I've got way too much time on my hands.

Mr.breeder0306
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3293

Rate Member
posted 04-03-2003 10:00 PM      Profile for Mr.breeder0306   Author's Homepage   Email Mr.breeder0306   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
a fem corsola and an female totodile coll hot water lesbian action ha ha ha ha lol... [Big Grin]

- - - - -
breed or die!!

PkmnEspeon from PoJo.com
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3204

Member Rated:
posted 05-15-2003 10:56 PM      Profile for PkmnEspeon from PoJo.com        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It seems that my Lapras is a lesbian and I never knew [Eek!] ... I always thought she looked at Nidoqueen funny...

Perish Song is just a countdown till orgasm.

- - - - -
~ This pile of BS brought to you by: PkmnEspeon from Pojo.com

PkmnEspeon from PoJo.com
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3204

Member Rated:
posted 05-15-2003 10:58 PM      Profile for PkmnEspeon from PoJo.com        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Skull Bash...

LMAO

- - - - -
~ This pile of BS brought to you by: PkmnEspeon from Pojo.com

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.