The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » This Stat Calculator of Mine...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: This Stat Calculator of Mine...
kelv
Farting Nudist
Member # 843

posted 03-11-2001 02:36 AM      Profile for kelv   Email kelv   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm programming a Stat Calculator on my computer using REALBasic, despite the fact that several hundred million are already out there...

Currently, you can enter the DVs, SE, Level, Current HP, and Base Stats to get the Unown Letter, the Bug Points, the Physical Stats, the Gender, the HPDV, the Percent Health, and Hidden Power stats.

In progress is the Physical Experience (given for defeating the Pokémon), and the Capture Odds. I also have a SE bug to work out.

What other features should I add?

Finally, I need some beta-testers. Anyone volunteer?

kelv
Farting Nudist
Member # 843

posted 03-11-2001 03:03 PM      Profile for kelv   Email kelv   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here they are, the version 0.1b build. The only feature not implemented is SE, and the stuff that I was planning. Here isn't any help documentation, but I'm sure it is easy enough to use.

Mac OS: http://homepage.mac.com/kelvsyc/PokéStatCalc01b.sit

Windows: http://homepage.mac.com/kelvsyc/PKSC01b.sit

It's compressed in Stuffit 5.5 format. I don't have DropZip, so I am unable to put it into a zip file.

Comments, Questions, Bugs, complaints, email me at kelvsyc@mac.com with the subject "Pokémon Stat Calculator"

If you suggest an idea, and I add it, you will be credited.

MacPPC
Farting Nudist
Member # 1337

Member Rated:
posted 03-12-2001 02:50 PM      Profile for MacPPC   Email MacPPC   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks a lot, i was already tired of making all the math, the only problem is that the link doesn't work.

------------------
People get lost on their toughts because it's an unexplored territory

From: Xalapa,Veracruz,México | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
kelv
Farting Nudist
Member # 843

posted 03-12-2001 07:15 PM      Profile for kelv   Email kelv   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MacPPC:the only problem is that the link doesn't work.

Mac Version: I've corrected the link. It's http://homepage.mac.com/kelvsyc/PokeStatCalc01b.sit

Windows Version: Can you please explain in further detail?

------------------
Coming Soon... The Pokémon Hotline Server...

hotline://24.65.195.141

Sneak preview available now! Grand Opening next week. (Open Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Weekends from 4:30 PM MST to 10:00 PM MST)

Shrimpy
Farting Nudist
Member # 1543

Member Rated:
posted 03-14-2001 02:40 PM      Profile for Shrimpy   Author's Homepage   Email Shrimpy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've got my own Stat Calc of sorts online. It's about 95% accurate (when compared to SSF), with the level 100 data being exactly the same. In addition to just the max stats, it also has a moves list, breedable moves, TM/HM moves, etc.

For level 100 Pokémon who are fully maxed out, there's also a DV calculator which not only calculates the DV, but also gives you the Hidden Power and Base Damage of the Hidden Power attack. I'm also planning to add more features as soon as I can find the formulas. Feel free to check it out at http://tppc.pokemoncrater.com/calc.phtml

------------------
Close the world, Open the nExt.

[This message has been edited by Shrimpy (edited 03-14-2001).]

kelv
Farting Nudist
Member # 843

posted 03-14-2001 06:29 PM      Profile for kelv   Email kelv   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Shrimpy: I've got my own Stat Calc of sorts online. It's about 95% accurate (when compared to SSF), with the level 100 data being exactly the same. In addition to just the max stats, it also has a moves list, breedable moves, TM/HM moves, etc.

Mine's different in the fact that it's not online, it's an app that you can access offline, and that the program does not determine the DVs and SE based on the stats, it's the other way around. You input the DVs and SE, as well as Base and Level, as well as current HP, and the program generates the stats. Your formula must be wrong, though, since not all stats match the SSF... I do wish you luck, though.

I might have a move list program in the near future, but that would take a whole lot of gruntwork and many sources.

ShrimpyFor level 100 Pokémon who are fully maxed out, there's also a DV calculator which not only calculates the DV, but also gives you the Hidden Power and Base Damage of the Hidden Power attack. I'm also planning to add more features as soon as I can find the formulas. Feel free to check it out at http://tppc.pokemoncrater.com/calc.phtml

DV differences can be easily seen at Levels 50+. That might help with expanding your program.

Also, on another note, the next version of PSC is working fine. I've added the Catching feature and fixed an annoying bug an the 0.1 build. I've also implemented SE into the next version. Currently the code is being trimmed so that it will take less space. Finally, I've been noticing that the Windows version does not have a keyboard shortcut for Quit, Copy, and Export. I'm trying to fix that, and a bug in Copy and Export.

Shrimpy
Farting Nudist
Member # 1543

Member Rated:
posted 03-15-2001 09:31 AM      Profile for Shrimpy   Author's Homepage   Email Shrimpy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Actually, I think I use the exact same formula as the SSF, however the server I'm on tends to round things oddly (I tell it to round to 0 decimal places, it gives me 1.5 for a value), but that's sort of irrelevant.

I'll have to find the formula for DVs of Pokémon at 50+ (The only reason I had one for level 100 was it was easier to test after having derived the formula for myself).

I wish you luck as well, and I can't wait to see another Windows release (preferably in ZIP format, I have no idea where to get something that can undo a StuffIt file, heh).

------------------
Close the world, Open the nExt.
TPPC Trainer's Corner - For A New Brand Of Strategy

kelv
Farting Nudist
Member # 843

posted 03-15-2001 06:23 PM      Profile for kelv   Email kelv   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Shrimpy: I wish you luck as well, and I can't wait to see another Windows release (preferably in ZIP format, I have no idea where to get something that can undo a StuffIt file, heh).

Aladdin Systems <www.aladdinsys.com> makes the whole line of Stuffit products, including Stuffit Expander, which can decompress ANY compressed file format.

As for my program, currently I am optimizing my code, and I maybe adding a "select the Pokémon" feature to prevent "make your own base stats" from messing up my calculations. I also haven't tested my program on Windows, but I know that I have to fix a bug that involves Windows keyboard shortcuts.

poccil
Farting Nudist
Member # 1457

posted 03-16-2001 04:54 PM      Profile for poccil   Author's Homepage   Email poccil   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have one of my own.

http://www.poccil.f2s.com/games/gs/guides/statcalc.html

Somehow I can't get it to work with Netscape.

------------------
Peter Occil, in charge of The Ultimate Pokemon Center
Check out my Gold/Silver Guides! http://www.poccil.f2s.com/games/gs/guides/

Kingdra The horsea
Farting Nudist
Member # 1637

Member Rated:
posted 03-31-2001 07:59 AM      Profile for Kingdra The horsea   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
me too. lol. I use it cuz its pretty on the line. It rounds the Max and min. of each pokemon. WWW.pokemasters.com

------------------
BUR!, its cold in here!, there must be some jynx's in the atmosphere!!!

From: Sayreville NJ USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
kelv
Farting Nudist
Member # 843

posted 03-31-2001 12:02 PM      Profile for kelv   Email kelv   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm currently redoing mine with automatic stat checking and recalculation and furthermore, determine the Level given the experience.

Does any of your stat calculators have a feature that will generate the stats given any amount of Stat Exp? It's actually quite easy, and if you don't know, I'm more than happy to share. Just email me at kelvsyc@mac.com

Also, the Pokémon Hotline Server will have a better version of the Stat Generator for download, so you might want to head over there.

poccil
Farting Nudist
Member # 1457

posted 03-31-2001 02:05 PM      Profile for poccil   Author's Homepage   Email poccil   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Does any of your stat calculators have a feature that will generate the stats given any amount of Stat Exp? It's actually quite easy, and if you don't know, I'm more than happy to share.

I don't even know that formula. Will you please post it into this thread?

------------------

kelv
Farting Nudist
Member # 843

posted 03-31-2001 07:03 PM      Profile for kelv   Email kelv   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
y=floor(64x^2-16x+2)

where y is the SE and

x=50p/l

where p is the stat points (between 0 and 63 for SEs between 0 and 65025) and l is the level. SE is the reason why you can't catch a level 0 Pokémon, while Parabolic growth is the reason why you can't catch a level 1 Pokémon.

------------------
Coming Soon... The Pokémon Hotline Server...

hotline://24.65.195.141

Sneak preview available now! Grand Opening next week. (Open Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Weekends from 4:30 PM MST to 10:00 PM MST)

poccil
Farting Nudist
Member # 1457

posted 03-31-2001 08:06 PM      Profile for poccil   Author's Homepage   Email poccil   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That wasn't exactly what I had in mind; what I really had in mind was how exactly to implement that formula to find a Pokemon's stats given any amount of Stat Exp.

------------------

mleo2003
Farting Nudist
Member # 1618

Member Rated:
posted 03-31-2001 08:50 PM      Profile for mleo2003   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Basically, take the wild stat (easily found with all the formula's floating around) and then add the answer to this formula to that stat:

SP=Level*((16+SQRT(256*SE-512))/128)/50

SP=Stat Points (Maximum output is 63.99999..., or just 63, as it will end up in the game)

SE=Stat Experience (can only go as high as 65,025 even though you can earn 65535.)

I don't take credit for the formula, necresaro made the original. This is just the inverse with some added info to find out Stat Points at different levels.

------------------
Come to my Pokemon Gameshark Page:
http://www.maxpages.com/mattspokeshark/

From: Forest, Mississippi | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
kelv
Farting Nudist
Member # 843

posted 03-31-2001 11:32 PM      Profile for kelv   Email kelv   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It didn't work for me, but I did solve it algebraically on a sheet of paper... and here's what I got:

p=floor((l*(1+sqrt(e-1)))/400)

where e is the SE, p is the SP, l is the level, and e is not zero (if it is, then p is zero)

This is also the formula used in the PSG.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.