next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Glitch Breeding

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Glitch Breeding
Impossible Octopus
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1509

Rate Member
posted 02-24-2001 05:33 AM      Profile for Impossible Octopus     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Uhh i'm gonna use Umbreon for an example or something

Okay say you get an Umbreon with like Flamethrower or something by breeding it with another Pokemon that has it. Well since almost everyone says he can't get it, it's considered a glitch. Is there some slight remotely possible way he could get it, but no one has tried/hatched enough eggs? or am i hoping for too much? Like a Pinsir with Megahorn i heard that he can, but other people say he can't get it

ahhh crapit this is probably in the wrong forum ><

------------------

[This message has been edited by Impossible Octopus (edited 02-24-2001).]

From: Oregon City,OR,USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 02-24-2001 10:21 AM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
this is the first post i've ever seen in this forum concerning glitch breeding. not that i've been here long...

i first saw this about a month ago. i've done EXTENSIVE tests since then, with no luck. almost 20 eggs and no eevee with thunder wave. over two dozen and not one pinsir with megahorn. i suppose it's possible that one could keep trying and eventually encounter some sort of glitch. my opinion, however, is glitch breeding is a cover-up for people to shark moves onto pokémon and claim that they're not sharked, just due to a glitch in the game.

i've pretty much given up on this, tho i still mess around with it once in a while just to increase the number of eggs i've hatched to back up my claims. and you never know, one day i might hatch that megahorn pinsir.

here at azure there's not much acceptance for illegal movesets, even if done through a glitch in the game. it's just as bad as sharking, as far as most people are concerned (i think). if you want more on glitch breeding, several people at tpm CLAIM to have done it. good luck getting them to provide proof. i doubt you'll see any interest in it or studies about it here, tho.

------------------
i am the sandshrew! cu-cu-kachoo!
threats to my virginity are always welcome ;) - crystalmeth
oh, fuck you. - mr. k (complete post)

Thom Burr
Farting Nudist
Member # 1267

Member Rated:
posted 02-24-2001 11:27 PM      Profile for Thom Burr   Email Thom Burr   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Spunman and I both read TPM, and we've both posted on "glitch breeding" on there.

Basically, glitch breeding is a bad joke spread by stupid children.

Half of the time they don't understand how breeding works (and I don't blame them--it's hardly obvious), so they assume that odd breeds are "glitches".

And the other half of the time, they're just being malicious: "hey! d00d my Marrep got Serf!"

And then there are the kiddies that think if you attach a nugget or a silver leaf or a gold leaf or a whatever that you can breed a shiny--they call that glitch breeding, too.

And last there are those who have merely read about glitch breeding and assume it works and respond to questions like "HOW DO I BRED SIRF TO RICHOO????????" with answers like "I herd yuo can try glitch breding."

Glitch breeding does not exist.

By the way, spunman, I know you like sandshrew/sandslash, but do you really need three of them in your TPM sig? I mean, you are a AH representative there. Please don't go native.

------------------
This is not a signature.

Muku
Farting Nudist
Member # 1052

Member Rated:
posted 02-24-2001 11:38 PM      Profile for Muku   Email Muku   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I believe that was very well said.

------------------
"Heehee! Puu! Waa! Puu-Waa! Puu-Puu-Wa! Puu-Waa!" ~My friend, Tyra

spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 02-25-2001 11:21 AM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
an ah representative? whoah! *blanches at the responsibility* uh...

eh, well, i'll prove 'em wrong! i'm going to their g/s/c help soon as i'm done here. always MUST check ah first, even if i don't get anywhere else!

if you see the daycare a-rockin', don't come a-knockin', cuz my jolteons are putting them out faster than i can hatch 'em! WAY faster, actually.

*has thought about it*
nah, i'm no representative. ah represents itself, i just post here.

i'm not too happy about the :027:'s either (teehee!) they didn't exactly capture their good side. what i'd really like in my sig is this

ah well...

*takes bible in hand* i'm off to tpm! these glitch breeding devils will feel the heat of the fiery pit before the day is done! *trips* oh, sorry.

*returns from tpm*
i've made the post.

edit: crunched three posts into one, just for cleanup. and a thought on representatives... ahem! "we represent the lolliPOP GUILD, the lolliPOP GUILD, the lolliPOP GUILD! and in the name of the lolliPOP GUILD we welcome you to munchkin laaand!" munchkins rock!

------------------
threats to my virginity are always welcome - crystalmeth

[This message has been edited by spunman (edited 02-25-2001).]

Thom Burr
Farting Nudist
Member # 1267

Member Rated:
posted 02-26-2001 10:41 PM      Profile for Thom Burr   Email Thom Burr   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
On TPM, Spunman has reported on breeding almost 100 Eevee eggs with gold nuggets on the parents, et cetera--and none have any "glitch" moves WHATSOEVER.

The kiddies keep telling Spunman that he's doing it wrong. They tell him he's gotta use a magnet, he's gotta use a gold leaf, he's gotta a special level... Whatever. The funniest part is where they say he hasn't bred enough Eevees. And they keep claiming new glitch breeding "discoveries".

Actually, I understand now why the "glitch breeding" fiction is so widespread. It's just a polite excuse to gameshark idiotic moves to their chose pokemon. "Hey guys I mad a BIG DIOSOVERy!! I glich brred SPORE onto ELECTROD!!!!"

...Dimwits...

------------------
This is not a signature.

spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 02-26-2001 11:10 PM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
my thoughts exactly. hopefully, though, those that were duped into thinking it's real may learn otherwise. i've thrown a little something together here. i'll post it at tpm when my buddy and i finish these 100 eggs.

btw, this buddy of mine is my friend's kid. he's about 10, and pretty sharp when it comes to pokémon. he's the one that came up with the idea of taking the father out of daycare once there were five eggs in the party so the father wouldn't gain too many levels.

deposit egg in comp, get father, trade father for egg. once one hatches, trade it for father, put father back in daycare, replace eggs as they hatch til you've got five fresh eggs. repeat as necessary. smart kid! i tried to convince him to help me by setting him up with a gengar and raticate to try and catch the legendaries in the tall grass, but he was more interested in the experiment once i told him about it. if he had a computer i think he'd make a great azurian.

------------------

Charmeleon42
Date Rapist
Member # 1066

Member Rated:
posted 02-27-2001 08:14 PM      Profile for Charmeleon42   Author's Homepage   Email Charmeleon42   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*reads this nonsensical crap that the TPMers belive to be a godgulous new BS*...

XD

Even if it DID work, people would just be like "you used a gameshark on that, d00d" and you'd get disqualified out of any tournament... AND no one would really battle you with it. Cant really defend yourself, saying you got it on there by "glitch breeding" 'cause it just makes you look gay by making up some crazy crack.

I repeat, XD!

w00t

------------------

From: Mountain Dew Land | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 03-04-2001 02:22 AM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
in case anyone cares, this jolteon2000 dude pm'd me at tpm. swears up and down it's all true and that he'd NEVER cheat. he even gave me a list of the criteria to fill to accomplish a successful glitch breed... and, of course, he's changed it so my 100 egg experiment can't disprove it.

dude, i've been wrong before. hell, i'm wrong A LOT! but when i'm wrong, it's an honest wrong. liars i cannot STAND!

------------------

*Scyther
Farting Nudist
Member # 327

Rate Member
posted 03-06-2001 11:18 AM      Profile for *Scyther   Email *Scyther   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Does anyone have a list of enherited moves?
The only moves that I know are enherited are sunny day, swift, and thunder

------------------

Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 03-06-2001 03:05 PM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by *Scyther:
Does anyone have a list of enherited moves?
The only moves that I know are enherited are sunny day, swift, and thunder

Check out Meowth346's G/S stuff here... it's got just about everything u could want on breeding..

------------------
Who are you? Why are you in my house? And what in hell are you doing to my sister?!?!?!?

From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.