The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » rare cats & max repel

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: rare cats & max repel
kung_fucius
Farting Nudist
Member # 390

Rate Member
posted 02-15-2001 06:59 PM      Profile for kung_fucius     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
what's the deal with max repel and the rare cats?

i've been trying to catch them by staying in an area [route42 with 1 small patch of grass] checking the pokedex till they come in then using max repel and walking through the grass.... but they never appear while the repel is working... when it wears out and i don't use it again are the only times i've run into them, but i've NEVER run into them while i had max repel on....

so it got me thinking

am i just unlucky?

probably

should i be using regular repel?

i thought they did the same thing, just max did it for more steps....

should i have some lower lvl pkmn in my party? are the "low level pokemon" its repeling based on party or just generally low pokes?

my party is all 60+ so i don't know if that matters

i've already caught 1, got 1 down to sliver of life, and put some work in on the 3rd. i can be in the same place as them and use max repel x20 or till i run out and never run into them. then i give up with repel and try free-range i run into them usually right away. i'm staying in route 42 with only the one small patch of grass too, as i mentioned above, so there aren't many places for them to hide there.

i thought repelling was supposed to make it easier, but it seems like i'm just wasting $$$

any advice?

------------------
/[';']\ <rar

Badcrow
Cute Fluffy Squirrel
Member # 684

Member Rated:
posted 02-15-2001 07:09 PM      Profile for Badcrow     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You need to have something under lvl 40 in order to bring out the cats/dogs. Repel, repels anything under your level, I believe this is for the first member of your party.

------------------

kung_fucius
Farting Nudist
Member # 390

Rate Member
posted 02-16-2001 10:47 AM      Profile for kung_fucius     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
cool... thanks

i figured something was goofy with what i was doing

------------------
/[';']\ <rar

Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 02-19-2001 09:46 AM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kung_fucius:
I'm staying in route 42 with only the one small patch of grass too, as I mentioned above, so there aren't many places for them to hide there.

I'm pretty sure that it's just random.

------------------
I see the light... and it hurts my eyes.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.