The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » [ATTN geese] Electabuzz DV's

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: [ATTN geese] Electabuzz DV's
Lark84
My skeleton is made of creamy nougat.
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 02-11-2001 02:55 PM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Remember the thing about the DV's of my Electabuzz? The one we disscussed in Karp Park awhile ago?

You said that my DV's on it were "impossible" (14/9/7/15/15), and that the 14 probably was a 15, because, according to you, all the DV's had to be uneven.

I never got an answer on why they all had to be uneven. I thought DV's were random, and that they could be both even and uneven on the same monster. Who's wrong and who's right? And if you're right, *why* is it that way?

(I hope you don't take this post as an insult or something, it's just that I've been really curious. If it is true what you said, then my Buzz is better than I thought. But I did a check in the Skill/Statfinder, and it came up with the DV's I posted earlier. The Buzz is at L53 BTW, maybe it has to be at L100 to get accurate results.)

------------------
"Since when was this post a place used for arguing about Electabuzz DVs?! I seriously don't think anyone else here cares about that." -kikered

spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 02-11-2001 03:45 PM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i think his beef was the hp gene. it's usually the first listed, so he assumed it was the 14 in front. this is impossible, tho, because the hp gene is derived from the other four genes. in your case, the other four are all odd, so your hp gene SHOULD be 15.

you only have one even gene, so the only possibilities you have for your hp gene (depending on which other gene is even) are 7, 11, 13, and 14. i assume, therefore, that the 7 is your hp gene, so the 14 must be your attack gene.

are they in alphabetical order, then? 14 attack, 9 defense, 7 hp, 15 special, 15 speed? that would be my guess.

fyi, most people would list those genes 7/14/9/15/15, unless i'm wrong about the order you listed them.

------------------
i am the sandshrew! cu-cu-kachoo!
threats to my virginity are always welcome ;) - crystalmeth

geese
Farting Nudist
Member # 1152

Member Rated:
posted 02-12-2001 09:38 AM      Profile for geese   Email geese   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah I didn't reply on that thread because, indeed, it was not the right place to discuss such things.

As Spunman said, I was talking about the HP D.V. This D.V is always worked out via the other four D.V's (att, def, spd, spc).

There's a lot of information on this in Sakaki Tower but I'll try cover it here in the most legible form I can.

ODD EVEN

Att = 8 0
Def = 4 0
Spd = 2 0
Spc = 1 0

Now being that you had all odd numbers for these D.V's, you can just add up the left column to see you have a 15 D.V for HP.

I think your trouble though is Skill/Stat finder. The only way it is 100% accurate is if you have a Lv.50 pkmn without any stat exp., otherwise it can be a few numbers either way.

What level did you catch 'Buzz at? IRRC you get him around Lv.35-40 ish in chromatics, so if you have leveled him up to Lv.53 Skill/Statfinder really can't help you.

And no, I didn't take it as an insult, just as hope you didn't take my posts as insulting. Just trying to help...

edit: excuse the formating on my "graph" Hehe

------------------
"you dirty, motherless son of an icecream maker!" - Geese Howard, FF Special

[This message has been edited by geese (edited 02-12-2001).]

Lark84
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 02-12-2001 12:44 PM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I used Rare Candy to get him to L53 (why 53 I am unsure of, but that's the level he is at). It could be that I had let him fight, but I don't recall doing so. I'll Rare Candy him up to L100 and box him, just to be sure. (This might take a while though.)

------------------
"Since when was this post a place used for arguing about Electabuzz DVs?! I seriously don't think anyone else here cares about that." -kikered

Mewbot
Farting Nudist
Member # 1473

Rate Member
posted 02-12-2001 09:25 PM      Profile for Mewbot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Statfinder only calculates accurate DVs if the pokemon is either lv50 or lv100 with NO stat EXP. Any other level....>_<

Well, your Buzz probably has an HP DV of 15...Statfinder probably messed up.

------------------
Never underestimate the radish.

Lark84
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 02-13-2001 02:04 AM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mewbot:
Well, your Buzz probably has an HP DV of 15...Statfinder probably messed up.

Wooo-ho-hoo! Time to train him then! But... if the statfinder messed up, then maybe he ain't max speed or max special... Well well, I need a buzz anyway and 14 isn't that bad for a DV.

Note to spunman: I listed the DV's in the order the stats are listed in the game: hp, atk, def, spd, spc.

------------------

Lark84
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 02-13-2001 12:14 PM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

'kay, I rare-candied it up to L100. But...

I'm afraid I'll need to box him...

This were his DV's:

15/10/8/16/15

Note the DV "16" for speed. That'll produce a max speed stat of 210 when his max only is 208. So I guess he's been trained after all. Or, he's some sort of freak, forgotten between the 1's and 0's, forever left and forgotten on the wrong side of the thine line of "max speed" and "freak"...

------------------

Mewbot
Farting Nudist
Member # 1473

Rate Member
posted 02-13-2001 07:10 PM      Profile for Mewbot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yea, you let it get a little stat EXP. The DVs are probably 15/9/7/15/15.

------------------
Never underestimate the radish.

Lark84
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 02-14-2001 02:10 AM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Darn! I *so* wanted a over-speeded Buzz

------------------

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.