The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Better odds at the slots?(rby)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Better odds at the slots?(rby)
MacPPC
Farting Nudist
Member # 1337

Member Rated:
posted 02-04-2001 12:28 PM      Profile for MacPPC   Email MacPPC   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i've found some info about using chansey on your party for gettin' better odds on the slots at celadon i don't know if it's true or not, neither i think the info is reliable 'cause in the page says that the missingo trick is found on yellow cart, wich is false(right?). Anyway this is the page:
www.geocities.com/poccil/games/rby/tips.html
and this is what it says:
Better odds
Chansey has a use in the game. When Chansey is the only Pokémon in your party, go to any slot machine in the Game Corner. The odds of winning is based on how well you've trained Chansey. For instance, if your Chansey is at Level 50, then you have a 50% chance of winning. Also, some slot machines have better odds than others. One such machine is the one above the man with glasses that looks like the one you see in Pokémon Gyms.
Can anyone tell me if this is true?

------------------
People get lost on their toughts because it's an unexplored territory

From: Xalapa,Veracruz,México | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Muku
Farting Nudist
Member # 1052

Member Rated:
posted 02-04-2001 01:38 PM      Profile for Muku   Email Muku   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've tried it before, it's false.
BTW, Chansey does have a use in the game: Whoopin' some ass!

------------------
"When I see something screech across the room and latch onto someone's neck, and that person starts to scream, I have to laugh because...what IS that thing?"

"Muku; That's the most fucked up sig I've ever seen in my life."
~Automaton

poccil
Farting Nudist
Member # 1457

posted 02-04-2001 02:56 PM      Profile for poccil   Author's Homepage   Email poccil   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I had assumed it to be true; it hasn't been tested as far as I know.

------------------
Peter Occil, in charge of The Ultimate Pokemon Center
Check out my Gold/Silver Guides! http://www.geocities.com/poccil/games/gs/guides/

Cesar
Farting Nudist
Member # 529

Member Rated:
posted 02-04-2001 05:22 PM      Profile for Cesar   Email Cesar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
According to Chansey's Pokédéx, she brings you happiness, not luck ^_^

------------------
NidoGod- Earthquake, Amnesia, Ice Beam, submission @leftovers
"I get no respect. Nobody answers me. Im returning to TPM tommorow"- thegreatone

From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
poccil
Farting Nudist
Member # 1457

posted 02-04-2001 06:50 PM      Profile for poccil   Author's Homepage   Email poccil   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've removed the tip, since I found that it was false.

------------------
Peter Occil, in charge of The Ultimate Pokemon Center
Check out my Gold/Silver Guides! http://www.geocities.com/poccil/games/gs/guides/

MewtwoSama
Asshole
Member # 12

Member Rated:
posted 02-18-2001 08:15 PM      Profile for MewtwoSama   Author's Homepage   Email MewtwoSama   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There's a lady who says "These machines have different odds"

The machine under the one she uses is a loose machine.

------------------
Monday, November 11, 2052:
Judgement Day

From: Abyss of Evil | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Animeluver
Farting Nudist
Member # 1466

Member Rated:
posted 02-19-2001 08:33 PM      Profile for Animeluver   Email Animeluver   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You know, I've heard rumors here and there about increasing odds at the slot machines, such as carrying random items, having certain Pokémon, etc. that it makes my head spin.

------------------
Animeluver....STILL an Ass Bomb. >.<

Sifu Peng
Farting Nudist
Member # 885

Member Rated:
posted 02-19-2001 08:57 PM      Profile for Sifu Peng   Author's Homepage   Email Sifu Peng   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Actually, Chansey does help you get all 7s. There's a chance that a cute little animation of Chansey may come across your screen and mess with the last symbol so that you'll win. Of course, this isn't triggered by having a Chansey in your party though, but it's cool nevertheless.

------------------
Am I butterfly dreaming I'm a man? Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of sashimi? Never assume what you see and feel is real!

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 02-20-2001 09:08 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What do those falling Golems do?

------------------
"He looks a bit like a Chinese."
-- Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien, introducing a Filipino MP to a group of Chinese law students

Animeluver
Farting Nudist
Member # 1466

Member Rated:
posted 02-20-2001 10:02 AM      Profile for Animeluver   Email Animeluver   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, how do you get these Chanseys/Golems to appear? Has there been any testing done to check it, or is it just totally random? Are there any other spites that appear for various reason and effects?

------------------
Animeluver....STILL an Ass Bomb. >.<

Manuel Calavera
Sock Lover
Member # 1202

Member Rated:
posted 03-06-2001 04:06 PM      Profile for Manuel Calavera     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think that's cool how the lil' Chanseys come across the screen and bang the machine to get the 7s.
From: Newcastle, Home of Geordies, Brown Ale and The Wildhearts | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Flareon
Farting Nudist
Member # 299

Member Rated:
posted 03-07-2001 12:41 AM      Profile for Flareon   Email Flareon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen any Chanseys yet, just Golems. Does it depend on the cartridge (I've got Silver)?

------------------
"Mmm, do I love HP UP! I keep drinking my POKéMON's! I can't help it!"
-some Hiker dude on Mountain Road

From: Yokosuka, Japan | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.