The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Hidden Power stuff, in case you didn't know.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hidden Power stuff, in case you didn't know.
Thrifty
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 644

Rate Member
posted 01-25-2001 06:22 PM      Profile for Thrifty   Email Thrifty   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is some stuff I found out through some recent tests.

Hidden Power is listed as a normal type move, but the damage dealt by a Hidden Power relies on either attack or special attack, depending on what type of Hidden Power it is. So Psychic, Water, Electric etc., Hidden Powers are based on special attack while Rock, Fighting, Flying etc., Hidden Powers are based on attack.

Secondly, Hidden Power NEVER gets STAB. A Ninetales with a Fire type Hidden Power won't get STAB, and no Normal type gets STAB on Hidden Power, even though it's listed as a Normal type attack.

Lastly, Rain Dance WILL boost the power of Water type Hidden Powers; Sunny Day WILL boost the power of Fire type Hidden Powers.

I just thought I'd pop in and mention that, since there has been some uncertainty in that area.

------------------
Hoarrrgh!! Take your shoes off!!!

Karate in Pokémon Fighting Dojo

From: Newark, DE, United States | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Cesar
Farting Nudist
Member # 529

Member Rated:
posted 01-25-2001 08:43 PM      Profile for Cesar   Email Cesar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
and no Normal type gets STAB on Hidden Power, even though it's listed as a Normal type attack.
There is no such thing as a Normal Hidden Power

------------------
NidoGod- Earthquake, Amnesia, Ice Beam, submission @leftovers
"Well, I don't have any friends I accidentally shot them all." -Gun Registration for dummies

From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Automaton
Farting Nudist
Member # 1234

Member Rated:
posted 01-25-2001 10:03 PM      Profile for Automaton   Author's Homepage   Email Automaton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cesar:
[QUOTE]and no Normal type gets STAB on Hidden Power, even though it's listed as a Normal type attack.

There is no such thing as a Normal Hidden Power

[/QUOTE]

I believe he was referring to the fact that HP is Normal as it's exiting the TM, but then is shaped type/power wise by the DVs of the pokemon that it grafts to.

You're absolutely sure there's no STAB with HP? You had HP dragon 60 and Dragonbreath on a Kingdra and Dragonbreath did 50% more damage?

------------------
"The fact of the matter is, I'm fucking brilliant. Not was brilliant, am brilliant."-Pete Townsend: pompous bitch

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 01-27-2001 12:00 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Post moved to the Research Lab...

------------------
"I failed ninth grade three times, but I don't think it was necessarily 'cause I'm stupid."
-- Eminem

White Cat
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 01-29-2001 06:03 PM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Okay, this time I really am moving it to the Research Lab...

------------------
"I failed ninth grade three times, but I don't think it was necessarily 'cause I'm stupid."
-- Eminem

The Mad DoctorX
Farting Nudist
Member # 1223

Member Rated:
posted 01-30-2001 05:48 PM      Profile for The Mad DoctorX   Email The Mad DoctorX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hidden Power is counted as a normal move so attachments like Pink Bow power it up. Even if it deos water/fire etc damage. Hmm, White Cat, how do you become a Molly Nut Bomb? Never heard of it.......

------------------

White Cat
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 02-01-2001 02:57 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Molly Nut Bomb is the current name for the "Administrator" rank on these forums.

Hmm, that's an interesting bit of info. Have you actually tested Pink/Polkadot Bow powering up Hidden Power?

------------------
-- Eminem

N-Man
Farting Nudist
Member # 733

Member Rated:
posted 02-03-2001 12:19 PM      Profile for N-Man   Author's Homepage   Email N-Man   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is all of this above actually been proven? I need to know if HP can get STAB for my Scizor moveset...

------------------
Behold my graceful ball dexterity!
- Juggler Irwin in G/S

My best G/S teams:
Powerhouse v.1.01.10
Ultrabalance v1.01.20

From: Rotterdam, Holland | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Automaton
Farting Nudist
Member # 1234

Member Rated:
posted 02-03-2001 01:41 PM      Profile for Automaton   Author's Homepage   Email Automaton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by N-Man:
Is all of this above actually been proven? I need to know if HP can get STAB for my Scizor moveset...

I'd like to know too.
------------------
"The fact of the matter is, I'm fucking brilliant. Not was brilliant, am brilliant."-Pete Townsend

"M2 users hate everything and have small penises."-Wintermute

[This message has been edited by Automaton (edited 02-03-2001).]

kelv
Farting Nudist
Member # 843

posted 02-05-2001 12:52 AM      Profile for kelv   Email kelv   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Could HP be in the same category as Curse in the fact that it is "NORMAL" but it really is typeless?

------------------
Coming Soon... The Pokémon Hotline Server...

hotline://24.65.195.141

Sneak preview available now! Grand Opening next week. (Open Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Weekends from 4:30 PM MST to 10:00 PM MST)

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.