The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Male and Female differences

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Male and Female differences
Cesar
Farting Nudist
Member # 529

Member Rated:
posted 01-26-2001 08:42 PM      Profile for Cesar   Email Cesar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Choosing the right gender can make a big difference. That is what I learned today

I did some nice quality testing and found that although males have a much higher attack/defense females have higher special attack/defense. I'm sure we all knew that already but here is the testing:

Slugma(m) lvl 29
Stats and how much it is off by (for max stats)
HP: 64 (-6)
Attack: 34 (-2)
Defense: 28 (-8)
Speed: 24 (-1)
Special Attack: 45 (-9)
Special Defense: 28 (-8)

Slugma(m) lvl 29 (as well )
HP: 66 (-4)
ATTACK: 36 (-0)
DEFENSE: 35 (-1)
SPEED: 23 (-2)
SPECIAL ATTACK: 45 (-9)
SPECIAL DEFENSE: 28 (-8)

Slugma(f) lvl 27
HP: 64 (-2)
ATTACK: 29 (-5)
DEFENSE: 27 (-7)
SPEED: 20 (-3)
SPECIAL ATTACK: 49 (-1)
SPECIAL DEFENSE: 33 (-1)

So what's the point?

If you are going to train a pokemon and give it mostly special attacks make it female. A female Machamp is almost useless. Don't believe me? Look at my female Machamp its attack is off by 45 ! And its special Attack is only off by 31!

*begins cursing*

I seriously need to box that stupid thing. Now if I could only learn how to breed that perfect attack and that near perfect special I'll be all set

------------------
NidoGod- Earthquake, Amnesia, Ice Beam, submission @leftovers
"Well, I don't have any friends I accidentally shot them all." -Gun Registration for dummies

From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 01-26-2001 11:55 PM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's been conclusively proven that the Attack gene is the only thing that deteremines a Pokemon's gender.

However, it is possible that the genes aren't fully random anymore, and the game tries to make the Attack gene inversely proportionate to the Special gene.

But you'll need a lot more than three trial subjects to convince me of this...

------------------
"I failed ninth grade three times, but I don't think it was necessarily 'cause I'm stupid."
-- Eminem

Cesar
Farting Nudist
Member # 529

Member Rated:
posted 01-27-2001 12:15 AM      Profile for Cesar   Email Cesar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
It's been conclusively proven that the Attack gene is the only thing that deteremines a Pokemon's gender.
Exactly what I'm trying to say.

High Attack= male
Low Attack= female

My Theory:
High Attack= low special
Low Attack= High special

Or at least that is what I think. Damn I wish there was more slugma's to research. Maybe a good and more common grimer would do me better.

------------------
"Well, I don't have any friends I accidentally shot them all." -Gun Registration for dummies

Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 01-27-2001 01:14 AM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
For whatever my word means, stats are still as random as in the past games. The height of the Attack stat does *not* effect the height of any of the other stats.

Though, if it did, you could get somewhat around this by using Ditto and breeding to "force" stats on Pokémon.

However, again, such radical claims are untrue to the Gold/Silver/Crystal Pokémon games.

--Meowth346

------------------
Researcher in charge of Pokémon Forever, a compilation of about 1/1000th of my work.

Jackdaw
Farting Nudist
Member # 118

Member Rated:
posted 01-27-2001 08:57 AM      Profile for Jackdaw   Author's Homepage   Email Jackdaw   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sorry Cesar, but they're right. You're a yutz. It's only Attack. They've done a lot more research into then you have.

------------------
"Two weeks ago my girlfriend and I broke up. Yesterday she was distributing posters with '20 reasons to become a lesbian'." - Rysto

Cesar
Farting Nudist
Member # 529

Member Rated:
posted 01-27-2001 01:01 PM      Profile for Cesar   Email Cesar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ah nutz. My research failed... no surprise there

Thanx for clearing this up for me, otherwise I would have done a lot of useless research

------------------

Felix The Cat
unregistered

posted 01-27-2001 11:09 PM           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If this was true, you could never get max stats for any Pokemon because a max attack would produce a special attack with a DV of 0...

------------------
+ jason -
http://starnation.hypermart.net/

IP: Logged
JllyKila
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 954

Rate Member
posted 01-28-2001 06:58 PM      Profile for JllyKila   Email JllyKila   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I always catch female pkmn just for breeding, because it is so much easier to catch male pkmn. So when I want to breed I just fly to where ever to catch a male.

Do they make female Electabuzzs because I cant seem to find one.

------------------

Cesar
Farting Nudist
Member # 529

Member Rated:
posted 01-28-2001 08:50 PM      Profile for Cesar   Email Cesar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Do they make female Electabuzzs because I cant seem to find one.
75% male
25% female

I also got a question that I am going to kick myself later for its stupidity.

I know now that attack determines the gender. But I read somewhere that the fathers attack determines the baby's gender. Does that mean that the baby is always going to be male/female when you breed it with that father?

------------------

Yay Porygon
Farting Nudist
Member # 810

Member Rated:
posted 01-28-2001 09:56 PM      Profile for Yay Porygon   Author's Homepage   Email Yay Porygon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The Attack gene is randomly generated for each baby.

------------------
Oy.

From: Peregrine Island | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Cesar
Farting Nudist
Member # 529

Member Rated:
posted 01-28-2001 10:12 PM      Profile for Cesar   Email Cesar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yay! Thanks Porygon and everyone else for all this new info ^_^

------------------

Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 02-03-2001 10:30 PM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Another breeding question...

Does the 75% male quota of Electabuzz mean that their attack stats are tweaked so that 75% have 8+, or does it set 4+ as being male?

I thought all Mach*s were male, too...

------------------
"M2 users hate everything and have small penises."
-Wintermute

Yay Porygon
Farting Nudist
Member # 810

Member Rated:
posted 02-04-2001 10:36 PM      Profile for Yay Porygon   Author's Homepage   Email Yay Porygon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
4+ is male.

------------------
Oy.

From: Peregrine Island | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.