The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Conclusive evidence that Substitute does NOT block Haze.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Conclusive evidence that Substitute does NOT block Haze.
Automaton
Farting Nudist
Member # 1234

Member Rated:
posted 01-22-2001 11:00 PM      Profile for Automaton   Author's Homepage   Email Automaton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, I conducted a test. I sharked up two shiny pokemon for DV parity. The movesets are also sharked.

Machamp, DVs 14/10/10/10 Vs.
Dragonite, DVs 14/10/10/10

Machamp:
-Rock Slide
-Swords Dance
-Substitute

Dragonite:
-Haze
-Recover

Test 1:

Rock Slide 1: 162
Rock Slide 2: 154
Rock Slide 3: 145

Machamp Swords Dance, Sub
Dragonite Recover to full health.

Rock Slide 4: 307
Rock Slide 5: 321
Rock Slide 6: 280

Dragonite Recover to full health, Hazed.

Rock Slide 7: 162
Rock Slide 8: 162

So, Substitute (VERY unfortunately) does NOT block Haze. Counterdefense players rejoice.

------------------
"The fact of the matter is, I'm fucking brilliant. Not was brilliant, am brilliant."-Pete Townsend: pompous bitch

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 01-23-2001 07:37 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, it shouldn't block Haze. Haze blasts the battlefield free of modifiers, right? It even knocks out your own... So that's fine by me.

------------------
-cfalcon

"THIS IS NO GAME. MY ASS IS ON THE LINE!"
-Samurai Goroh, reminding the readers of the Super Famicom F-Zero instruction book that Japanese games are cooler than American ones

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Wiccan
Farting Nudist
Member # 606

Member Rated:
posted 01-30-2001 10:04 AM      Profile for Wiccan   Author's Homepage   Email Wiccan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My cats name is mittins

------------------
Brightest Blessings -
Wiccan
--------
Lugias' Cave
--------
ICQ#: 59964902
Nickname: Obsidian Moon

Muku
Farting Nudist
Member # 1052

Member Rated:
posted 01-30-2001 05:23 PM      Profile for Muku   Email Muku   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wiccan:
My cats name is mittins

Whafa?

------------------
"When I see something screech across the room and latch onto someone's neck, and that person starts to scream, I have to laugh because...what IS that thing?"

"Muku; That's the most fucked up sig I've ever seen in my life."
~Automaton

Animeluver
Farting Nudist
Member # 1466

Member Rated:
posted 01-31-2001 01:42 AM      Profile for Animeluver   Email Animeluver   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, that sucks. Sub is getting worse and worse with every test.

------------------

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 01-31-2001 04:04 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Though it sounds like you tested under metallic gameboy rules, but you might want to specify where (chromatic gameboy, chromatic stadium, metallic gameboy, and soon metallic stadium) you do your tests, in the future.

------------------
-cfalcon

"15 year old Pokémon pimps. Really now. -Annon

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Whiner
Member # 1465

Member Rated:
posted 02-01-2001 02:14 PM      Profile for 137   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mittins sounds cute!

------------------

From: Space. Like, outer space. | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 02-01-2001 03:19 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
137: Mittins sounds cute!

Wow.

Someone's desperate to lose Ass Bomb status.

Relax, guy, it'll come in time...

(Another example of why we don't have more ranks...)

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Whiner
Member # 1465

Member Rated:
posted 02-02-2001 02:02 AM      Profile for 137   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
C'mon, you tryin' to tell me Mittins DOESN'T sound cute? And who are you callin' desperate? I love being an Ass Bomb.

------------------
The Aeon is a child at play with colored balls.

From: Space. Like, outer space. | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Automaton
Farting Nudist
Member # 1234

Member Rated:
posted 02-02-2001 07:50 AM      Profile for Automaton   Author's Homepage   Email Automaton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It should've been evident that I was referring to metallics considering the fact that I used two Shiny Pokemon for DV parity, and even bluntly stated such.

------------------
"The fact of the matter is, I'm fucking brilliant. Not was brilliant, am brilliant."-Pete Townsend

"M2 users hate everything and have small penises."-Wintermute

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.