The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Tricky Sleep Clause Question...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tricky Sleep Clause Question...
DragoniteJ
Farting Nudist
Member # 815

Member Rated:
posted 01-15-2001 06:43 PM      Profile for DragoniteJ   Author's Homepage   Email DragoniteJ   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If a Pokemon uses Rest and then gets Whirlwinded or Roared away, or the person switches them out, does the opponent still have the right to use Sleep Powder or something if sleep clause is in effect? The person put their own Pokemon asleep, but it's still asleep. Any thoughts?

------------------
You may know me as Booster6th. Please visit my website at http://lanturn.cjb.net
Even if you could fart through your nose, why would you want to?

NickWhiz1
Farting Nudist
Member # 30

Member Rated:
posted 01-16-2001 06:49 AM      Profile for NickWhiz1   Author's Homepage   Email NickWhiz1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sleep Clause technically means that you are entitled to put only one of their Pokemon to sleep. Them using Rest is not YOU putting them to sleep. Try it on Stadium.

*runs away*

------------------
-NickWhiz1: The Eternal NoA Hater
<StarCaliber> Weird how ET and NickWhiz are never on at the same time...
<StarCaliber> Yet both online a ton.
<StarCaliber> Very weird.
-StarCaliber, #PBSpkmn, 12/23/00
NickWhiz1's Pokemon Domain, the worst Pokemon site in existence XD

From: Toledo, OH, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Automaton
Farting Nudist
Member # 1234

Member Rated:
posted 01-19-2001 07:09 PM      Profile for Automaton   Author's Homepage   Email Automaton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NickWhiz1:
Sleep Clause technically means that you are entitled to put only one of their Pokemon to sleep. Them using Rest is not YOU putting them to sleep. Try it on Stadium.

*runs away*

I honestly don't think the game looks for how a pokemon got put to sleep, although Rest sleep doesn't have the same relation to regular sleep that toxic has to Poison, I don't think that Gamefreak or NCL put the time into ironing out this scenario.

------------------
"The fact of the matter is, I'm fucking brilliant. Not was brilliant, am brilliant."-Pete Townsend: pompous bitch

Jared0169
Farting Nudist
Member # 1081

Member Rated:
posted 01-20-2001 07:55 AM      Profile for Jared0169   Email Jared0169   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have a hunch that if you out your own pokemon to sleep with Rest and get Whirlwinded/Roared away, that your opponent still won't be able to put any more of your pokemon to sleep. But this is only a hunch, I may be wrong.

------------------
The poster formerly known as Mew72584
Email:jared_van_ausdal@hotmail.com
AIM: Jared0169

From: Beavercreek, Ohio, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.