The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Swagger... thick bone Attack to 0 are you sure?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Swagger... thick bone Attack to 0 are you sure?
jedi_DOJ
Farting Nudist
Member # 844

Member Rated:
posted 01-08-2001 08:57 PM      Profile for jedi_DOJ     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I tested shuckle swaggering onto Marowak with thick club (I test it with shuckle attacking swagger first and last). His attack went UP, way up considering the effect of thick club, not 0? Are you guys sure anything above 512 brings the attack to 0?

Can somebody else please test this? I tested it three times and the same result. I even left marowak in and see the damage to other characters. Basically, swagger did NOT reset marowak's attack!

Redid test against lugia [battle log]

[lugia vs marowak]
mar: rockslide
damage to lugia 181
lugia: roar
switches to shuckle

[shuckle vs marowak]
mar: equake
damage to shuck 143
shuckle: swagger
mar confused, att goes way up

mar: equake confused
mar hurts himself 56
switches to lugia

[lugia vs marowak]
lugia: recover
full energy
mar: rockslide confused
mar hurts himself (i forgot, but more than half)

lugia: recover
full energy
mar: rockslide
damage to lugia 358

again... are you sure increasing attack with thick bone attached resets to zero? maybe BP to a thick bone resets to zero but not swaggering. I'll test that now.

------------------

[This message has been edited by jedi_DOJ (edited 01-08-2001).]

Thom Burr
Farting Nudist
Member # 1267

Member Rated:
posted 01-08-2001 09:32 PM      Profile for Thom Burr   Email Thom Burr   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jedi_DOJ:
I tested shuckle swaggering onto Marowak with thick club (I test it with shuckle attacking swagger first and last). His attack went UP, way up considering the effect of thick club, not 0? Are you guys sure anything above 512 brings the attack to 0?

Can somebody else please test this? I tested it three times and the same result.

<snip test>

again... are you sure increasing attack with thick bone attached resets to zero? maybe BP to a thick bone resets to zero but not swaggering. I'll test that now.

I consider the Marowak/Thick Club Reset issue to be an annoying rumor. Nothing I have seen in GS suggests that stats can be "reset" without Haze or a switch out.

------------------
This is not a signature.

jedi_DOJ
Farting Nudist
Member # 844

Member Rated:
posted 01-08-2001 09:42 PM      Profile for jedi_DOJ     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
nope... bp sword dance doesn't reset attack to 0 either.

I just tested bp sword dance, and swaggered marowak, that works (which is equivalent to 3 SD's). I don't think it's a 512 max attack. I think once you pass 999 attack, it resets back to your normal attack value.

marowak rockslide damage to lugia was 163 with the above condition.

Now I'm going to test swaggering marowak with thick bone 2 times vs 3 times and see the damage to lugia...

2 swags= lugia damage from rockslide 159
3 swags= lugia damage from rockslide 328

I think odd swags bad, even swags good.

------------------

jedi_DOJ
Farting Nudist
Member # 844

Member Rated:
posted 01-08-2001 09:52 PM      Profile for jedi_DOJ     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
also, you can't psych up a marowak with thick bone to get his attack bonus from the item. If you do, it says "psych up failed."

I suppose all items work this way. Why did Team PA site say otherwise? Hmmm

------------------

NickWhiz1
Farting Nudist
Member # 30

Member Rated:
posted 01-09-2001 08:05 PM      Profile for NickWhiz1   Author's Homepage   Email NickWhiz1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We have ourselves a solution!

*watches this message get deleted/edited*

But I don't wanna repost it here ~_~

[This message has been edited by NickWhiz1 (edited 01-09-2001).]

From: Toledo, OH, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.