The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » [Attn: Meowth346] Question about Awakening formula...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: [Attn: Meowth346] Question about Awakening formula...
Automaton
Farting Nudist
Member # 1234

Member Rated:
posted 01-07-2001 05:15 PM      Profile for Automaton   Author's Homepage   Email Automaton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tyais of Pokegym and Darryn of Pokedaily both have different methods of figuring the value of Y in the Hidden Power formula. The Pokedaily one is Y= Spcl max 3, while the Tyais one involves the last two digits of the Spcl DV's binary code. Which is correct? Tyais also rounds his decimals up, and when I e-mailed him and told him that you had told me that the architechture of Pokemon always rounds down, he said that I should believe you over him.

------------------
"Well, Hiro, time to probe the bush. Let's get this party started."-Ronfar, Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete

[This message has been edited by Automaton (edited 01-11-2001).]

Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 01-07-2001 06:02 PM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't know what the "Y" in the forumla is without seeing the forumla that's used...naturally my formula taken straight out of the game's data doesn't have a Y, but instead whatever I choose for the value ^_^

As I've said, Pokemon always rounds *down*. If someone has an equation that requires rounding up, even if it's always giving a right answer, isn't the exact formula that hte game uses.

--Meowth346

------------------
Researcher in charge of Pokémon Forever, a compilation of about 1/1000th of my work.

Automaton
Farting Nudist
Member # 1234

Member Rated:
posted 01-07-2001 08:49 PM      Profile for Automaton   Author's Homepage   Email Automaton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
([X*5+Y]/2)+31=Z

Atk-/Def-/Spd-/Spl-DVs in order
abcd/efgh/ijkl/mnop-Binary conversion of DVs

X=aeim
Y=mnop, (Max 3)
Type=cdgh

The figure for Y is the Pokedaily version of the equation.

Tyais' version of the equation calculates Y as 00op, converted back into the regular number, (ie 13).

Your help is VERY appreciated. I realize you're a very busy person, and sometimes it's a pain in the ass to answer questions like mine. Thank you!

------------------
"Well, Hiro, time to probe the bush. Let's get this party started."-Ronfar, Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete

[This message has been edited by Automaton (edited 01-11-2001).]

Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 01-11-2001 03:15 AM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*Scratches head,* Um...why do these people make simple equations so very complicated? I really see no point to it.

--Meowth346

------------------
Researcher in charge of Pokémon Forever, a compilation of about 1/1000th of my work.

Automaton
Farting Nudist
Member # 1234

Member Rated:
posted 01-11-2001 05:32 PM      Profile for Automaton   Author's Homepage   Email Automaton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Meowth346:
*Scratches head,* Um...why do these people make simple equations so very complicated? I really see no point to it.

--Meowth346

Oh, my bad. The letters represent the digits in the binary code. ie if my atk gene is 12, than abcd would plug in as;

a-b-c-d
1-1-0-0

Get it? Sorry, I forgot that you work with the ROM itself, rather than the equations derived from the ROM.

*Skulks away discouraged*

------------------

mewtwo's fortress
Farting Nudist
Member # 591

Member Rated:
posted 01-11-2001 08:45 PM      Profile for mewtwo's fortress     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
believe it or not TPm as got good info on hidden power

------------------
come to our site http://pub40.ezboard.com/beeveecave needs members

From: the cold, dark depths of mewtwo's fortess | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Automaton
Farting Nudist
Member # 1234

Member Rated:
posted 01-11-2001 09:40 PM      Profile for Automaton   Author's Homepage   Email Automaton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mewtwo's fortress:

Gee, thanks for the tip.

------------------

Eaichu250
Farting Nudist
Member # 826

Member Rated:
posted 01-15-2001 12:14 PM      Profile for Eaichu250   Email Eaichu250   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mewtwo's fortress:

Dear.. God they have USEFUL information on they're site?

------------------
Go Away.
Go. Now.
GO!

From: Perth Amboy, NJ | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Automaton
Farting Nudist
Member # 1234

Member Rated:
posted 01-16-2001 11:13 PM      Profile for Automaton   Author's Homepage   Email Automaton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Um, actually, TPM's entire furmula is outlined in simplified, (Complexified?) form above. This question involves the value of Y, and whether or not TPM's and PD's equation is correct, or Tyais of Pokegym's equation. Please read the question before you post, "TPM's got good info on Hidden Power", because I've seen TPM's info on Hidden Power, it's broken down.

------------------

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.