The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Breeding for R/B/Y TMs--NOPE!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Breeding for R/B/Y TMs--NOPE!!
Dabid
Farting Nudist
Member # 578

Rate Member
posted 01-04-2001 11:29 PM      Profile for Dabid   Email Dabid   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A couple days ago someone asked whether or not you could cross-breed R/B/Y TMs onto Pokemon in G/S. The answer for all of you hopeful Blissey trainers wanting Heal Bell, T-Wave, and Seismic Toss is, unfortunately... NO.

TRIAL 1
Chansey from R/B/Y bred with Smeargle with TWave
Result: Chansey without Twave

TRIAL 2
Steelix Female with Golem Male with Earthquake, Rock Slide, Harden, and Explosion

Result: Onix Male with Screech, Tackle, Earthquake, and Harden. Damn. Forgot all about Harden. Okay, try again...

TRIAL 3
Steelix Female with Golem Male with Earthquake, Rock Slide, and Explosion (Harden Deleted--Like anyone uses it anyway!)

Result: Onix Female with Tackle, Screech, Earthquake, and...One Empty spot.

TRIAL 4
Electabuzz Male with Ditto
Result: Elekid born with Ice Punch and Thunder from father--TMs from G/S

So kids, let my 3 hours of breeding be a lesson to ya--you can't breed R/B/Y TMs onto Pokemon *unless* they are also TMs in G/S!

------------------
“I’ve continually fought, and with each battle I’ve lost something. And my heart has been completely void of feeling for quite a long time now. Maybe my life doesn’t have value any more but I have to go on living. I’ve got a home to go back to.” --Trowa Barton

From: Rocky River, OH USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
NickWhiz1
Farting Nudist
Member # 30

Member Rated:
posted 01-05-2001 11:44 PM      Profile for NickWhiz1   Author's Homepage   Email NickWhiz1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I dun no like that.

------------------
-NickWhiz1: The Eternal NoA Hater
<StarCaliber> Weird how ET and NickWhiz are never on at the same time...
<StarCaliber> Yet both online a ton.
<StarCaliber> Very weird.
-StarCaliber, #PBSpkmn, 12/23/00
NickWhiz1's Pokemon Domain, the worst Pokemon site in existence XD

From: Toledo, OH, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
telekinetic gorilla
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 718

Rate Member
posted 01-06-2001 11:14 AM      Profile for telekinetic gorilla   Email telekinetic gorilla   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Uhm, I think you can breed reflect and thunderbolt onto Ampharos by breeding with a raichu...

------------------

From: wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Automaton
Farting Nudist
Member # 1234

Member Rated:
posted 01-06-2001 12:11 PM      Profile for Automaton   Author's Homepage   Email Automaton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by telekinetic gorilla:
Uhm, I think you can breed reflect and thunderbolt onto Ampharos by breeding with a raichu...

We're not talking about what moves can be bred. Here's a scenario;

You want a Kingdra with Ice Beam, because you know that Horsea and Seadra can learn Ice Beam from TM in R/B/Y. You breed it with a Lapras that knows Ice Beam, and the baby is born without Ice Beam because the only moves that can be bred are moves that you either learn naturally by leveling, by TM/HM in G/S, or by breeding only. G/S does not keep track of what moves can be learned by TM/HM in R/B/Y. Got it?

------------------
"Well, Hiro, time to probe the bush. Let's get this party started."-Ronfar, Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete

doralee23
Farting Nudist
Member # 165

Member Rated:
posted 01-06-2001 01:31 PM      Profile for doralee23   Email doralee23   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When I bred a male golem that had earthquake and rock slide on it, the baby geodude, (also male) had earthquake and rockslide on it.
BTW, the golem bred with a ditto.

------------------
Tasy Breaded Pokemon:
One plump Pidgy,or Farfetched, (Pidgetto and Delibird are reccomend for big feeds)
Marinated bird pokemon in olive oil , thyme and basil. Bread with bread crumbs mixed with wheat germ and garlic. Cook in oven at 350 degrees for one hour. Skin sould crispy not soggy or brunt.
Serve with Rice piliaf seson with Megauium leaves.
I'm not stupid! Just very lazy!
I'll mispell If i damn well feel like it!

From: A beautiful feild with bees and choclate milk. | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Farting Nudist
Member # 836

Member Rated:
posted 01-06-2001 01:46 PM      Profile for Newbie     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Automaton:

You want a Kingdra with Ice Beam, because you know that Horsea and Seadra can learn Ice Beam from TM in R/B/Y. You breed it with a Lapras that knows Ice Beam, and the baby is born without Ice Beam because the only moves that can be bred are moves that you either learn naturally by leveling, by TM/HM in G/S, or by breeding only. G/S does not keep track of what moves can be learned by TM/HM in R/B/Y. Got it?

You could have just linked here

------------------
[Sig deleted due to absurd short length.]

Automaton
Farting Nudist
Member # 1234

Member Rated:
posted 01-06-2001 05:48 PM      Profile for Automaton   Author's Homepage   Email Automaton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by doralee23:
When I bred a male golem that had earthquake and rock slide on it, the baby geodude, (also male) had earthquake and rockslide on it.
BTW, the golem bred with a ditto.

Geodude learns Mega Punch and Rockslide by breeding only in G/S.

------------------
"Well, Hiro, time to probe the bush. Let's get this party started."-Ronfar, Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.