next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Unown

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Unown
Jigglypuff
Farting Nudist
Member # 144

Member Rated:
posted 01-01-2001 04:20 PM      Profile for Jigglypuff   Email Jigglypuff   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Look at this

Angry
Bear
Chase
Direct
Engage
Find
Give
Help
Increase
Join
Keep
Laugh
Make
Nuzzle(?!)
Observe
Perform
Quicken
Reassure
Search
Tell
Undo
Vanish
Want
Xxxxx (again I say... ?!)
Yield
Zoom

What does this mean.

(Incase you don't know these are the Unown "codes")

------------------
Visit Neopets

Crimzonite
Farting Nudist
Member # 307

Member Rated:
posted 01-01-2001 05:21 PM      Profile for Crimzonite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

If we really knew that, what would be the point in calling it "Unown"? It would be called "Nown" then. ;P

Although it's been said that Crystal will delve more into the mystery of the Unown.

------------------

Brayze
Farting Nudist
Member # 1286

Member Rated:
posted 01-01-2001 06:04 PM      Profile for Brayze     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Who cares about the Unown? "Strong pokemon, crappy pokemon, a real idiot uses the ones that suck."

The Unown clearly fit into the "sucking" category. And as for the code, well, I think someone just made it up.

And if it is a code, it would be in japanese. And if they tried to originally do it in english (which is possible) it would be horribly mangled, the Japanese have a hell of a time with our foreign devil language.

So, in essence, kug.

------------------

From: Lunar Palace ver. 3.1 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Crimzonite
Farting Nudist
Member # 307

Member Rated:
posted 01-01-2001 10:23 PM      Profile for Crimzonite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

IIRC, the Japanese love the English language. Many of them wear t-shirts with English on it, although they are written oddly (i.e. "Workers Holic", "Have a Nice Days Today", "Love Never Giver").

Opening theme songs to anime and other shows tend to have English in it (i.e. Slayers' "Far Away" and "Get Along, Try Again", or Nadesico's "You Get To Burning" and "To be ... Going Your Days, Grow Up").

The "codes" might be there simply to look cool because it's in "Eigo" (English). Or, as I said, it might be explained in Crystal. Don't count on it though.

------------------

MewtwoSama
Asshole
Member # 12

Member Rated:
posted 01-01-2001 11:38 PM      Profile for MewtwoSama   Author's Homepage   Email MewtwoSama   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
American Translators at Game Freak:

Guy A: What's a word that starts with "a"
Guy B: Angry, cuz I've spent two weeks translating this junk w/o food or water.

------------------
$.34

From: Abyss of Evil | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Flareon
Farting Nudist
Member # 299

Member Rated:
posted 01-02-2001 01:08 AM      Profile for Flareon   Email Flareon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You want "Japanglish"? I'll give you Japanglish.

Angel Potato
Harry likes eating delicious yums from the fridge.
Have bacon! Coffee! Come on, you're American!
I Have Great Spilit and Joy
Autumn 200 Catarog
Tracking through wild trails brings thrilling excitement and danger.
Let's get closer to nature and animal friends!

The only thing that keeps me from giggling hysterically in the department stores is the fact that I'm an American and I should try not to look any more different than I am already.

On the Unown "code": I wish the Unowns were easier to read. Sometimes I can't figure out which Unown are which letters (I like naming them stuff like EVIL, SLASH, ROCKET, FURY, etc.).

------------------
Insanity is the spice of life.

From: Yokosuka, Japan | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
waruimewtwo
Farting Nudist
Member # 1328

Member Rated:
posted 01-02-2001 03:30 AM      Profile for waruimewtwo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey, Don't dis japanese people.

Anyways, the Unown's code's only significance in my opinion is for the card game. They have various pokemon powers according to what word is assigned to their letter.

------------------

Brayze
Farting Nudist
Member # 1286

Member Rated:
posted 01-02-2001 05:01 AM      Profile for Brayze     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Have bacon! Coffee! Come on, you're American!

That is pure, refined genius. I think I have a sig.

[EDIT] - Flareon, I owe you big for this. Now whenever I think of breakfast, a floating Japanese head will say these words, and I'll crack up. I'd marry you even if you're a guy.
------------------
"Have bacon! Coffee! Come on, you're American!" - The Japanese

[This message has been edited by Brayze (edited 01-02-2001).]

From: Lunar Palace ver. 3.1 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.