The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » data check for bred moves

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: data check for bred moves
spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 12-31-2000 09:28 PM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
oy! been working on some bred moves stuff for my 'dex. could i run some discrepancies i've found by everyone to see if i'm right?

bulbasaur, oddish, and snorlax can breed charm to each other, but can't breed with anyone that actually learns the move.

charmander and larvitar can breed outrage to each other, but also can't breed with anyone that learns it.

grimer has pursuit as a bred move, but can't breed with anyone that learns it.

just thought now that i've got the forum at my disposal, i'd use it for a change.

------------------
i am the sandshrew! cu-cu-kachoo!
www.myplanet.net/weaselgrip/spunman

Felix The Cat
unregistered

posted 12-31-2000 10:58 PM           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Smeargle!

------------------
+ jason -
http://starnation.hypermart.net/

IP: Logged
Land und Leute
HETEROSEXUAL
Member # 1040

Member Rated:
posted 12-31-2000 11:18 PM      Profile for Land und Leute   Email Land und Leute   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This isn't the first time people have forgot about Smeargle when they go breeding. I know I have. Smeargle is like a Ditto who can help you out with bred moves (except Smeargle can't breed with everyone, too bad huh).

------------------
Hi. How are you?

spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 01-01-2001 12:16 AM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
negative. bulbasaur, oddish, snorlax, charmander, larvitar, grimer... none of them can breed with smeargle. i've recently added him into the equation, tho.

not that i'm being too sure of myself here, tho. if there is something i'm missing, i'd appreciate being informed. that's the purpose of this post.

so anything else i'm missing? are these moves really "dead", and are there any other "dead" moves like this i'm missing?

------------------

MacPPC
Farting Nudist
Member # 1337

Member Rated:
posted 01-03-2001 02:16 PM      Profile for MacPPC   Email MacPPC   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What about chain reaction pokemon breeds?
dunno if it can work, but maybe

------------------

From: Xalapa,Veracruz,México | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Gloomboy
Farting Nudist
Member # 462

Member Rated:
posted 01-03-2001 08:49 PM      Profile for Gloomboy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Maybe I can help. I did a lot of research as
I was trying to figure out how to breed a Silver Bulbasaur with some good moves.

quote:

bulbasaur, oddish, and snorlax can breed charm to each other, but can't breed with
anyone that actually learns the move.

Wrong! Snorlax can breed with Snubbul,who knows Charm naturally(it's one of his first moves).

quote:

charmander and larvitar can breed outrage to each other, but also can't breed with
anyone that learns it.

Wrong again! Breed Charizard with Dragonite.

quote:

grimer has pursuit as a bred move, but can't breed with anyone that learns it.

Still haven't figure this out yet...

I hope that helped.

------------------
* GLOOMBOY: The Vileplume Trainer *

AMY: "You gave up being study buddies for THIS?"
Sailor Moon S: "Dangerous Driving"

From: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 01-05-2001 12:48 PM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
erm... i could be wrong, but i show snorlax can't breed with snubbull, and charizard can't breed with dragonite. have you actually tried this? are you sure it works?

------------------

Charmeleon42
Date Rapist
Member # 1066

Member Rated:
posted 01-05-2001 08:00 PM      Profile for Charmeleon42   Author's Homepage   Email Charmeleon42   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You can always try Chain Breeding, and just keep breeding those moves onto pokemon until it works. That maybe the only option....

(Just thought of something else)

Hmm.....

------------------

From: Mountain Dew Land | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 01-06-2001 10:57 PM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
(gloomboy: charizard CAN breed with dragonite. good call! and thanks, i had my numbers wrong on 'zard.)

now, i've gone through crystal and looked at everything. the only dead moves left are charm (for oddish and snorlax) and pursuit (for grimer). necrosaro had mentioned they cleaned up a lot of this kind of stuff in crystal. looks like he was right.

and sandshrew can now get metal claw! looks better than scratch...

------------------

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.