The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Final verdict on Thick Bone....

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Final verdict on Thick Bone....
NickWhiz1
Farting Nudist
Member # 30

Member Rated:
posted 12-31-2000 06:32 PM      Profile for NickWhiz1   Author's Homepage   Email NickWhiz1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am thoroughly confused. Can someone please explain to me exactly how it works and what will nullify it/reset Cubone's/Marowak's AT to 0?

------------------
-NickWhiz1: The Eternal NoA Hater

<StarCaliber> Weird how ET and NickWhiz are never on at the same time...
<StarCaliber> Yet both online a ton.
<StarCaliber> Very weird.
-StarCaliber, #PBSpkmn, 12/23/00

NickWhiz1's Pokemon Domain, the worst Pokemon site in existence XD

From: Toledo, OH, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
1970Beetle
Farting Nudist
Member # 933

Member Rated:
posted 12-31-2000 07:35 PM      Profile for 1970Beetle   Author's Homepage   Email 1970Beetle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
--WARNING---

I'm not sure if this 100% correct, but it's what I've taken from reading here. Apparently Thick Bone doubles your Marowak/Cubone's attack level, all the way up to max(assuming you have max already). The only thing that can reset it to 0 is Swagger, which would double the doubled attack, which is impossible, thus Attack=0.

------------------
Please visit my site and register as a Pokemon Trainer. http://www.tbns.net/poketrainer/home.html
Thanks to everyone who has registered. If you can't find yourself, hit REFRESH.

From: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
waruimewtwo
Farting Nudist
Member # 1328

Member Rated:
posted 12-31-2000 08:36 PM      Profile for waruimewtwo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm not too sure either, but it doubles Marowak/Cubone's attack, not raise it to the max.

------------------

Automaton
Farting Nudist
Member # 1234

Member Rated:
posted 12-31-2000 08:57 PM      Profile for Automaton   Author's Homepage   Email Automaton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What I'd heard, is that it not only doubles you're Atk, but if you're Atk is 258 it caps off at 512. As far as stat-uppers, I read somewhere, (I think PD, but I haven't been able to find their mechanics guide in quite some time) is that if it is raised past 512, it'll roll over, meaning it'll reset back to 0, then rise again. So let's say you have the Thick Club attached, and you have 512 atk; The opponent uses swagger on you, so your Atk will raise by 258, so you'll end up with a final Atk of 258 because of the Rollover Effect. If you use Belly Drum, you'll end up with you're Atk going up the normal 10 levels, meaning that it'll reset to zero, roll over 512 three times, and end up at a whopping 12 Atk.

------------------

The Mad DoctorX
Farting Nudist
Member # 1223

Member Rated:
posted 01-01-2001 02:36 PM      Profile for The Mad DoctorX   Email The Mad DoctorX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No it deosn't go back to 0 if it's doubled over 512 it goes back to the normal attack, so if your attack is 512 and a swagger takes place, your attack resets to 256 unable to double for the rest of the battle.

------------------

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.