The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Major research question here?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Major research question here?
The Mad DoctorX
Farting Nudist
Member # 1223

Member Rated:
posted 12-24-2000 11:39 AM      Profile for The Mad DoctorX   Email The Mad DoctorX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thick Club doubles Marowak's attack which makes him a excellent cleaner. But the maximum level Marowak's attack could go to is 512. His max is 258, and double that and it's 516. In TPM many people say that Marow's attack resets back if it goes past 512. I would like to verify this, has anyone tested this? And what deos it reset to, and how do I get a Marow w/ 256 attack? Thanx in advance, ^_^

------------------

Automaton
Farting Nudist
Member # 1234

Member Rated:
posted 12-24-2000 12:26 PM      Profile for Automaton   Author's Homepage   Email Automaton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He would have to have an At DV of 14. That would definitely be optimal. He'd be great on a team with Parashuffling.

------------------

MewtwoSama
Asshole
Member # 12

Member Rated:
posted 12-24-2000 05:39 PM      Profile for MewtwoSama   Author's Homepage   Email MewtwoSama   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If Marowak has Thick Bone, its attack should be 512.

If this Marowak was hit by Swagger, its attack is reset to 0.

------------------
$.34

From: Abyss of Evil | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Mad DoctorX
Farting Nudist
Member # 1223

Member Rated:
posted 12-24-2000 06:40 PM      Profile for The Mad DoctorX   Email The Mad DoctorX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Actually I tried that by getting a maxed stat Marowak (258) on a rattata and I don't think Maro's attack was reset to 0 cause it killed it very fast. Anybody else, I need more info. Hmm,

------------------

MewtwoSama
Asshole
Member # 12

Member Rated:
posted 12-25-2000 07:19 PM      Profile for MewtwoSama   Author's Homepage   Email MewtwoSama   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The Mad DoctorX:
You dont get it, Marowak can have Thick Bone attached with no problems. That's why people recommend it.

The only time it gets reset to 0 is when Marowak gets hit by Swagger. That move doubles attack and causes confusion. Because Marowak's attack is already so high due to Thcik Bone, it gets reset to 0.

------------------
$.34

From: Abyss of Evil | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
N-Man
Farting Nudist
Member # 733

Member Rated:
posted 12-26-2000 05:57 AM      Profile for N-Man   Author's Homepage   Email N-Man   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Doesn't it just stop at 999? I mean, when Snorlax uses Belly Drum, it doesn't reset to 0, because it's way over 999.

------------------
Behold my graceful ball dexterity!
- Juggler Irwin in G/S

From: Rotterdam, Holland | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Brayze
Farting Nudist
Member # 1286

Member Rated:
posted 12-26-2000 02:00 PM      Profile for Brayze     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It only applies with stat boost items. What they're trying to say is that the swagger removes the bonus that thick club applies. It's attack doesn't actually become 0.
I think.

------------------

From: Lunar Palace ver. 3.1 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
N-Man
Farting Nudist
Member # 733

Member Rated:
posted 12-26-2000 02:39 PM      Profile for N-Man   Author's Homepage   Email N-Man   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If it does reset, doesn't it reset to the normal state (256)?

------------------
Behold my graceful ball dexterity!
- Juggler Irwin in G/S

From: Rotterdam, Holland | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
*HeRaCr0sS*
Farting Nudist
Member # 1193

Member Rated:
posted 12-27-2000 03:08 AM      Profile for *HeRaCr0sS*     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Test it in battle yourself. I prolly sound hypocritical and all, telling you guys to test it while I sit on my ass, but I don't know anyone that plays PKMN around here except for little kids.

------------------
Give your brain a quick rest. Enjoy some PokéFunnies!

"You need a hazer. Try this gengar- HaZe, PsYcH uP, CoNfUsE RaY, PsYcHiC."
FolGRIM7, TPMer

"...i like suicune as a hazer..."
dr. j, Pojoer

"first things first: kinglax, you're horrible spelling and atrocious grammar is about to infuriate me."
Night, PokeDaily

"good, just don't accidentally haze away paralysis"
golduck432, PokeDaily

ROTFLMAO!

The Mad DoctorX
Farting Nudist
Member # 1223

Member Rated:
posted 12-29-2000 05:08 PM      Profile for The Mad DoctorX   Email The Mad DoctorX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What are you talking about, Little Kids, I'm 14 and I still play.

------------------

DragoniteJ
Farting Nudist
Member # 815

Member Rated:
posted 12-29-2000 10:13 PM      Profile for DragoniteJ   Author's Homepage   Email DragoniteJ   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is one reason people don't use Curse on Marowak. If anything raises his attack while he has a Thick Club, he attack resets to 1 or 0. I'm not sure which one. That's why I use Swagger on my Marowak. It's perfect for taking out other Marowak cleaners. I wonder what would happen if a Marowak with a Thick Club used Curse and then had Thief used on it. Would it's attack stay at 0 or go back to normal? Maybe I'll test this someday.

------------------
You may know me as Booster6th. Please visit my website at http://lanturn.cjb.net

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.