The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » This seems like a good time to ask (breeding)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: This seems like a good time to ask (breeding)
Lark84
My skeleton is made of creamy nougat.
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 12-23-2000 04:25 AM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Some questions about breeding (yes, I have read other breeding topics and sites, but I still have questions.)

1. Breeding max stats. How does it work? Is all I have to do is get a ditto with max genes, and breed it with whatever, and the baby has max stats? Or is it a little bit more complicated?

2. Breeding moves. If I want a bulbasaur with Petal Dance, I'd need a female bulbasaur and a male Gloom, right?

3. The baby. How can I know what gender the baby will have? Are the genes of the baby determined when the egg hatch, or when the egg is first recieved? (I walk around with an egg. It hatches. Bad stats, so I reset the game and walk around with the egg again until it hatches. Will the stats be the same?)

4. (Somewhat related to 3.) Genders are based on the Attack gene, right? So, if I want a female baby, then I'll have to make sure that it's attack gene is low? And if I want a male one, make sure it's high?

5. If you have a male Pokémon and want a baby of the same species, then I'll just breed it with a female Ditto?

I hope you can help me.

------------------
"Um, that was, um, weird." _LugiaStorm_ on PBS after KO:ing my only Pokémon, Vileplume, in two rounds.

Brayze
Farting Nudist
Member # 1286

Member Rated:
posted 12-23-2000 04:46 AM      Profile for Brayze     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lark84:
Some questions about breeding (yes, I have read other breeding topics and sites, but I still have questions.)

1. Breeding max stats. How does it work? Is all I have to do is get a ditto with max genes, and breed it with whatever, and the baby has max stats? Or is it a little bit more complicated?
It's... a little bit more complicated. We haven't totally figured it out yet... I can tell you that defense is equal to the donor's in most cases, and special is either equal to the donor's or half the donor's value, with an inverse proportion in effect as the original value drops... (ie the lower the stat the more commonly it will occur), and that attack and speed are random.

2. Breeding moves. If I want a bulbasaur with Petal Dance, I'd need a female bulbasaur and a male Gloom, right?
Yep.

3. The baby. How can I know what gender the baby will have? Are the genes of the baby determined when the egg hatch, or when the egg is first recieved? (I walk around with an egg. It hatches. Bad stats, so I reset the game and walk around with the egg again until it hatches. Will the stats be the same?)
Determined when the egg is laid. Sorry. Gender is determined by the attack stat; the higher stats are all male, but the exact cutoff will vary.

4. (Somewhat related to 3.) Genders are based on the Attack gene, right? So, if I want a female baby, then I'll have to make sure that it's attack gene is low? And if I want a male one, make sure it's high?
Attack genes are random. I don't care what anybody says, I spend more time breeding than fighting in this game, I know what I'm talking about. COMPLETELY RANDOM.

5. If you have a male Pokémon and want a baby of the same species, then I'll just breed it with a female Ditto?
Dittos can breed with males or females, they themselves are sexless. You cannot breed to acquire a ditto.

------------------

From: Lunar Palace ver. 3.1 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Lark84
My skeleton is made of creamy nougat.
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 12-23-2000 08:58 AM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks.

Even if you haven't figured out how to breed max stats, if the parents both have high stats, the baby's stats'll be quite high too, right? (except for the attack gene which is random)

------------------
"Um, that was, um, weird." _LugiaStorm_ on PBS after KO:ing my only Pokémon, Vileplume, in two rounds.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.