The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Shineys?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Shineys?
Dredite
Farting Nudist
Member # 33

Member Rated:
posted 12-21-2000 12:22 AM      Profile for Dredite   Email Dredite   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Okay, gotta forgive me for a probably asked question, but I've been GONE for months, and must have missed all this.

Basically... anyone know exactly why/how shineys appear? I want some to goof around with. =)

------------------
Dreadite

From: Santa Cruz, CA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tomara
Farting Nudist
Member # 1313

Member Rated:
posted 12-21-2000 09:30 AM      Profile for Tomara   Email Tomara   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It is random,you have a one the sixtythousendandabunchofothernumbersthatIcan'tremember chance to find one.
But the Gyarados that you can find swimming in the lake of rage will always beshiney.

------------------

Yay Porygon
Farting Nudist
Member # 810

Member Rated:
posted 12-21-2000 07:40 PM      Profile for Yay Porygon   Author's Homepage   Email Yay Porygon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's due to genes. If their Attack is 2, 3, 6, 7, 10, 11, 14 or 15, and the rest of the genes are 10, it's Shiny.

------------------
Oy.

From: Peregrine Island | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Land und Leute
HETEROSEXUAL
Member # 1040

Member Rated:
posted 12-22-2000 10:33 PM      Profile for Land und Leute   Email Land und Leute   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Yay Porygon:
It's due to genes. If their Attack is 2, 3, 6, 7, 10, 11, 14 or 15, and the rest of the genes are 10, it's Shiny.

Well ain't that just dandy! I still haven't encountered a shiny Pokemon! This sucks!

------------------
"Your cheeseburger used TRI ATTACK!"

Lark84
My skeleton is made of creamy nougat.
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 12-23-2000 09:08 AM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
o_O? Hmm...

Since shininess rely on genes, and you can meet wild shiny pokmon, that would have to mean that in G/S, genes are determined when you *meet* pokmon, not when you catch them, like in RBY. Am I right?

Maybe this can help you to somehow calculate DV's of pokmon *before* you catch them...

By the way, what does shiny pokmon *do*, besides shining?

quote:
Originally posted by Yay Porygon:

------------------
"Um, that was, um, weird." _LugiaStorm_ on PBS after KO:ing my only Pokmon, Vileplume, in two rounds.

[This message has been edited by Lark84 (edited 12-23-2000).]

Nirvana
Farting Nudist
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
posted 12-23-2000 01:22 PM      Profile for Nirvana     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lark84:

By the way, what does shiny pokmon *do*, besides shining?

I dont know for sure but I thnk they have higher stats or something?

------------------
Only the Strongest survive

From: United Kingdom. | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Moltres23
Farting Nudist
Member # 26

Member Rated:
posted 12-23-2000 02:31 PM      Profile for Moltres23   Email Moltres23   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
For those of you familiar with the pokemon trading card game, Shiny pokemon have something similar to a Pokemon Power:

Pokemon Power: Ohhhhh! Purdy!!!
When the opponent encounters a Shiny on your team, he or she is required by law to wet his or her pants in order for the match to continue. This is because you are so flippin' l33t no bladder can withstand your mighty aura.

They really have no effect other than to dazzle the opponent. If you do manage to get a Shiny, put it on your team. It'll have a 50% chance of having absolute crap for HP, and its quite shy of max for just about anything, but it looks cool! People will bow before you just for that fact! ^_^

(DV's are as follows:

**1*> Attack
1010> Defense
1010> Speed
1010> Special

Quite hard to get)

------------------
No matter what you read or what you're told, experience will always yeild the truth.
-Moltres23

Lark84
My skeleton is made of creamy nougat.
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 12-23-2000 02:59 PM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Heh... Does this mean I can become the ruler of the world or something if I catch all 251 shiny?

BTW, this means I can get a shiny starter too, right? Just pick, if it's not shiny, try again Great idea! I'll do that sixtythousendandabunchofothernumbersthatIcan'tremember times when I get Silver, and then I'll have one! I'm so smart

------------------
"Um, that was, um, weird." _LugiaStorm_ on PBS after KO:ing my only Pokmon, Vileplume, in two rounds.

Yay Porygon
Farting Nudist
Member # 810

Member Rated:
posted 12-23-2000 04:44 PM      Profile for Yay Porygon   Author's Homepage   Email Yay Porygon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Genes obviously are determined at meeting. ^_^

So is the critter itself. I was testing trying to get some dang Staryu to appear in the day. With Shark. Doy. I have code on, Shark on, fish. FLASHY FLASHY BATTLE WOAH I turn off the Shark before it actually gets into the game screen. It's not a Staryu! So the critter you're going to face is determined 'soon as you see the critter or something. Chaa. FYI. ^_^ Chances are less than 1-in-65,000-something to find a Shiny. Someone else can do the math though. It's that amount of chance (with the 65,000-something) that something will be max-gened. But I think it's eight-in-sixty-five-thousand-something that you'll see a Shiny. Woo, MUCH more chances!

------------------
Oy.

From: Peregrine Island | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk
Happy Good Times Fortune Happiness Happity Hocks Cat-Gonk Happifier
Member # 14

Member Rated:
posted 12-23-2000 09:09 PM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hmm, I'm certain that the Red Gyarados in the Lake of Rage doesn't have Shiny Stats.

My DV calc registered the HP DV of the one I caught as 2.

------------------
t-gk: NvêVasTrR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
D !iv n GdDsh?
@iM: CatGonk | !r: Tourmaline | I<Q: 83851495
tH3 Ktt l1Ttr )(: --[ http://catgonk.cjb.net ]--

"Your strategies are flawed and very beatable."
- Flying Destiny, TPMer.

From: Perth, Western Australia. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Automaton
Farting Nudist
Member # 1234

Member Rated:
posted 12-23-2000 11:31 PM      Profile for Automaton   Author's Homepage   Email Automaton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
CatGonk, did you Candy the Shiny Gyarados up to level 50?

------------------

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokmon Laboratory

2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.