The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Pokemon Stadium G/S Question

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pokemon Stadium G/S Question
powercat
Farting Nudist
Member # 1103

Member Rated:
posted 12-17-2000 03:49 PM      Profile for powercat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ok... Will G/S Stadium allow the storage of items from your GB cart? And with that storage, can we use TMs from R/B/Y on our G/S Pokes? For example, will I be able to teach Raikou the TM Thunderbolt? Can anyone test this for me?

------------------
The two rules of success: #1 Don't tell everything you know. #2

Crimzonite
Farting Nudist
Member # 307

Member Rated:
posted 12-17-2000 04:39 PM      Profile for Crimzonite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Doubtful. If the TM's not in G/S, it won't learn it, period.

[This message has been edited by Crimzonite (edited 12-17-2000).]

FlameBait
Farting Nudist
Member # 235

Member Rated:
posted 12-18-2000 04:45 PM      Profile for FlameBait   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think you should be able to, just like in the first stadium. Just transfer the Poké you want to have the move onto stadium, then insert a RBY cart with the tm on it, and teach it to the Poké after transfering the TM onto stadium.

------------------
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in groups!" - Me
"It's not cheating unless you get caught." - Also me
"A life? Where can I download one of those?" - Yup, still me.

From: Nashville, TN, USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Crimzonite
Farting Nudist
Member # 307

Member Rated:
posted 12-18-2000 05:13 PM      Profile for Crimzonite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FlameBait:
I think you should be able to, just like in the first stadium. Just transfer the Poké you want to have the move onto stadium, then insert a RBY cart with the tm on it, and teach it to the Poké after transfering the TM onto stadium.

Yes, I'm sure that's possible. But for the G/S Pokemon (like putting the Thunderbolt TM on Raikou) that's impossible.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Crimzonite (edited 12-18-2000).]

necrosaro
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1056

Member Rated:
posted 12-18-2000 10:45 PM      Profile for necrosaro   Author's Homepage   Email necrosaro   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
well, on a slightly-tangential note, Raikou CAN learn Thunderbolt somehow in Crystal, through some item or some person or some place, although nobody knows how yet. That's what the ROM says.

------------------

geese
Farting Nudist
Member # 1152

Member Rated:
posted 12-20-2000 06:29 AM      Profile for geese   Email geese   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I want to know how stadium G/S will deal with the time related issues in the GB game. For example, playing Dodrio mode would make the in game clock tick over three times as fast. Also will stadium G/S decide what time of day it is? Will Moonlight ever be seen in a tournament? Also, when the hell is Stadium G/S out? It was meant to be the same day as Crystal but it didn't come out.

------------------
"you dirty, motherless son of an icecream maker!" - Geese Howard, FF Special

Crimzonite
Farting Nudist
Member # 307

Member Rated:
posted 12-20-2000 10:48 AM      Profile for Crimzonite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by geese:
I want to know how stadium G/S will deal with the time related issues in the GB game. For example, playing Dodrio mode would make the in game clock tick over three times as fast.

That's something I was wondering about too. Nintendo will either find a way around it, or ditch Dodrio mode.

Also will stadium G/S decide what time of day it is? Will Moonlight ever be seen in a tournament?

Probably not, since the time of day doesn't affect the battle (it's essentially a link battle, afterall).

Also, when the hell is Stadium G/S out? It was meant to be the same day as Crystal but it didn't come out.

It did.

------------------

Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 12-23-2000 03:38 AM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by necrosaro:
well, on a slightly-tangential note, Raikou CAN learn Thunderbolt somehow in Crystal, through some item or some person or some place, although nobody knows how yet. That's what the ROM says.

There's an old man in the lower-right corner of Goldenrod Game Center after you beat the game (I think he's not there Sun. and Wed.) and he teaches those attacks (for 400C or 4000C, I think...yes, Coins ^_^ )

--Meowth346

------------------
Researcher in charge of Pokémon Forever, a compilation of about 1/1000th of my work.

Lark84
My skeleton is made of creamy nougat.
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 12-23-2000 04:27 AM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wait a minute... TM23 in GSC is not the same as TM23 in RBY?

------------------
"Um, that was, um, weird." _LugiaStorm_ on PBS after KO:ing my only Pokémon, Vileplume, in two rounds.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.