The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Pokemon Crystal is out

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pokemon Crystal is out
necrosaro
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1056

Member Rated:
posted 12-17-2000 01:45 PM      Profile for necrosaro   Author's Homepage   Email necrosaro   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Pokemon crystal is out in Japan. Just like Pokemon Yellow was to Red/Green/Blue, Pokemon Crystal offers minor changes to the gold/silver world with a few minor, insignificant modifications to some of the pokemon's moves.
(Edit)
-Three new (something)'s: Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, and Ice Beam. i don't know how these acquirable skills are accessible, all i know is that they are in the game. After having checked the item list i saw that there were no new HMs or TMs, but the TM/HM/(?machine)s 58, 59 and 60 do exist, and are flamethrower, thunderbolt and ice beam.
-Lots of breedable moves have been changed, and a few pokemon's starting/learned moves have been altered.
-Also, four new items. Transparent/cleanness (toumei) bell(suzu), GS Ball, Peru Card(?), and TAMAGOken (some sort of egg).
check out http://members.aol.com/sabindude/pokemon.html - i put up all the pokemon info there. Soon i'll post a random battle list as well, those have changed as well.

[This message has been edited by necrosaro (edited 12-17-2000).]

Farting Nudist
Member # 836

Member Rated:
posted 12-17-2000 03:09 PM      Profile for Newbie     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
HM's?!? Holy poop on a stick!

Edit: What?!? Not HM's...;_;

------------------
[Sig deleted due to absurd short length.]

[This message has been edited by Newbie (edited 12-17-2000).]

Yay Porygon
Farting Nudist
Member # 810

Member Rated:
posted 12-17-2000 04:07 PM      Profile for Yay Porygon   Author's Homepage   Email Yay Porygon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Eevee learns Baton Pass instead o' Focus Energy. Cloyster and something else learn Spikes. Some other junk...those aren't HMs. Meowth346 checked the data earlier today. Never trust TPM or UPN (if you guys've seen that "box").

------------------
Oy.

From: Peregrine Island | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
crazefire
Farting Nudist
Member # 938

Member Rated:
posted 12-18-2000 03:15 AM      Profile for crazefire   Email crazefire   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Yay Porygon:
Eevee learns Baton Pass instead o' Focus Energy. Cloyster and something else learn Spikes. Some other junk...those aren't HMs. Meowth346 checked the data earlier today. Never trust TPM or UPN (if you guys've seen that "box").

Dont trust TPM? Tell me when TPM has released false information?

Ok now if your talking about the UBB that happens everywhere. Whether its PokeDaily, here, TPM, UPN etc.

But when it comes to false information TPM has never released false information. So I suggest you get your facts right.

------------------

# 1 Human Hater
Farting Nudist
Member # 674

Member Rated:
posted 12-18-2000 05:11 AM      Profile for # 1 Human Hater   Email # 1 Human Hater   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Yay Porygon:
(if you guys've seen that "box").

You mean the crystal one? (http://www.upnetwork.com/stuff_news/pics/12-13-00a.gif )

Notice how it was stated that it is not neccesary the real box (And if Jaxel knew anything about Pkémon Games, he'd know it's not real).

And whever it was that released that pic, it was the same person that released the G/S boxes, which were mostly accurate, with only a few smal problems.

------------------
The Allmightyy Fungi
God must have liked stupid people. Just look arround you.

From: South Australia | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 12-18-2000 05:25 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hmm, your Crystal 'Dex lists Razor Wind and Petal Dance as being new to Bulbasaur's breeding list in that version, but they're both on its breeding list for Gold/Silver.

------------------
"If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
-- Red Green

PikachuThunder
Farting Nudist
Member # 22

Member Rated:
posted 12-18-2000 06:00 AM      Profile for PikachuThunder        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by White Cat:
Hmm, your Crystal 'Dex lists Razor Wind and Petal Dance as being new to Bulbasaur's breeding list in that version, but they're both on its breeding list for Gold/Silver.

I'm not sure, but I think stuff like that happened because of the removal of a move. In Bulbasaur's case, it lost ts ability to breed for Chram, and the two moves below it moved up into new positions, resulting in that *B* next to them.

Kinda confusing, really...

------------------
Project: Metronome - pub42.ezboard.com/bprojectmetronome

There is no telling what will happen.

Sebas
Farting Nudist
Member # 1095

Rate Member
posted 12-18-2000 11:37 AM      Profile for Sebas   Author's Homepage   Email Sebas   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Celebi is "supposidly" in the GS ball as well! It has 7 weaknesses though!!!

------------------

Owner and Webmaster of www.animeultra.com

Mana Lugia
Farting Nudist
Member # 905

Member Rated:
posted 12-18-2000 12:48 PM      Profile for Mana Lugia   Author's Homepage   Email Mana Lugia   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Actually, after al 16 badges, go to kurt to get a ball?? and place it in the forest shrine to fight a lv 30 celebii. in crystal only...

------------------
[img]http://www.geocities.com/manalugia/152-251pics/suicune.gif[/img] [img]http://www.geocities.com/manalugia/152-251pics/raikou.gif[/img] [img]http://www.geocities.com/manalugia/152-251pics/entei.gif[/img]
Visit my code archive! (Lugia-the flying fish's is better)
Http://www.geocities.com/manalugia/home.html

Eaichu250
Farting Nudist
Member # 826

Member Rated:
posted 12-18-2000 03:11 PM      Profile for Eaichu250   Email Eaichu250   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by crazefire:
Dont trust TPM? Tell me when TPM has released false information?

Ok now if your talking about the UBB that happens everywhere. Whether its PokeDaily, here, TPM, UPN etc.

But when it comes to false information TPM has never released false information. So I suggest you get your facts right.

Yeah Swagger really confuses yourself yeah yeah yeah!

------------------
"Maaan, it rocks. I love rolling it along the ground and looking at its face." - Branners

From: Perth Amboy, NJ | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 12-18-2000 06:16 PM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
good god, nec! you've already got all the 'dex info for crystal!?!

*hangs head* i JUST caught my first dozen pokéys and levelled 'em up to 100. how the HELL did you get that info so fast?

dude, you RULE! ah, well. screw my crystal 'dex. i'll just mention you've already got one in my links... on the bright side, it DOES save me a lot of trouble. sure wanted to get a nice crystal 'dex on my site, tho. maybe some month when i'm sick or something, or if i get fired...

------------------
i am the sandshrew! cu-cu-kachoo!
www.myplanet.net/weaselgrip/spunman

crazefire
Farting Nudist
Member # 938

Member Rated:
posted 12-18-2000 09:04 PM      Profile for crazefire   Email crazefire   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eaichu250:
Yeah Swagger really confuses yourself yeah yeah yeah!

Oh yes that. Well its just typo mistakes, no big deal. I mean OMG shall we look at people's sites and find typos. I sure as hell not that I would bother. But I bet I could find stuff here.

ZI mean this is the problem with Azure Heights. Theres many intelligent people that get dogged by immature people.

------------------

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 12-20-2000 05:59 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I looked through the RAM to see if I could find these Flamethrower/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam items. Here's what the structure in that area looks like:

D84A: Johto badges
D84B: Kanto badges
D84C->D87D: TM01 to TM50
D87E->D884: HM01 to HM07
D885: # of regular items you have
D886 and on: Regular items and their amounts

So if these new items do exist, they're stored in a completely different area of RAM.

------------------
"If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
-- Red Green

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.