The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » TMs...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: TMs...
Mana Lugia
Farting Nudist
Member # 905

Member Rated:
posted 11-30-2000 04:02 PM      Profile for Mana Lugia   Author's Homepage   Email Mana Lugia   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
According to Nintendo and other sources, Tms are weaker than if the pokemon learns it naturaly.

Is it true? and by how much?

like water gun has 40 power, Tm12 is water gun. does it only have 35 power?

------------------
Why did Tigger hang around the bathroom?
-He was looking for Pooh!

Visit my code archive! (Lugia-the flying fish's is better)
Http://www.geocities.com/manalugia/home.html

Biffster
Farting Nudist
Member # 269

Member Rated:
posted 11-30-2000 04:47 PM      Profile for Biffster     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You accually think that Nintendo is right?

I think they mean that some Pokémon will not get stab. Water Gun always has a base power of 40.

------------------
"Auto-correct is a tool of the weak."
-Mr. K

From: Viridian City (On the road at least) | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 12-01-2000 01:11 AM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Biffster's explanation sounds reasonable.

No difference between gaining a move naturally, Sharking it, TMing it, or whatever to the Gameboy...

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Lugia -The Flying Fish
Farting Nudist
Member # 1044

Member Rated:
posted 12-03-2000 04:16 PM      Profile for Lugia -The Flying Fish   Author's Homepage   Email Lugia -The Flying Fish   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
AHHH! NoA is soooo stew-ped!

*Goes to NoA and releases Mewtwo*

*Mewtwo uses PSYCHIC to lift of NoA's building. He shakes all of the NoA peeps out of the building.*

Looks like I'm in charge, now!

------------------
"How much Rye could a Raichu chew, if a Raichu could chew Rye?" -Me
------------------
AIM: LugiaTheFlyNFish

Pokemon G/S Gameshark Archive

[This message has been edited by Lugia -The Flying Fish (edited 12-03-2000).]

From: Pensacola, FL, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 12-03-2000 07:36 PM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
you know, i'll bet money the guys that are in the limelight and making all these claims about the game don't really know anything about it. they know nothing about the mechanics, don't care about pokémon at all... hell, they MAY have shaken the hand of a "lowly programmer" ONCE! i'll bet they're like the politicians of the gaming industry.

that's prob'ly another reason they wanna shut down all these pokémon sites: there's LOTS of information on a lot of sites--more than most of the "big heads" at nintendo prob'ly know about their own games--and they're sick of these sites making them look stupid.

i wish they'd interview programmers that know what the hell they're talking about once in a while...

------------------
www.myplanet.net/weaselgrip/spunman
look, i'm a kiwi! (i'm in denial now... humor me...)

Lugia -The Flying Fish
Farting Nudist
Member # 1044

Member Rated:
posted 12-03-2000 11:31 PM      Profile for Lugia -The Flying Fish   Author's Homepage   Email Lugia -The Flying Fish   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by spunman:
you know, i'll bet money the guys that are in the limelight and making all these claims about the game don't really know anything about it. they know nothing about the mechanics, don't care about pokémon at all... hell, they MAY have shaken the hand of a "lowly programmer" ONCE! i'll bet they're like the politicians of the gaming industry.

that's prob'ly another reason they wanna shut down all these pokémon sites: there's LOTS of information on a lot of sites--more than most of the "big heads" at nintendo prob'ly know about their own games--and they're sick of these sites making them look stupid.

i wish they'd interview programmers that know what the hell they're talking about once in a while...

Yep, Yep! NoA knows nothing about the game...

One time, they said that Scyther's Wings made it's Slash attack more powerful...
o_O

NoA + Nintendo Power=Stew-ped!

------------------
"How much Rye could a Raichu chew, if a Raichu could chew Rye?"
-Me
------------------
Pokemon G/S Gameshark Archive
------------------
Member and co-founder of the Houndoom Haters Club.

From: Pensacola, FL, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 12-04-2000 04:50 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
spunman: that's prob'ly another reason they wanna shut down all these pokémon sites...

Who wants to shut down all the Pokemon sites? I thought the industry learnt their lesson about free advertising after Fox went after those movie fan sites...

spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 12-04-2000 07:57 PM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
can't remember where it was. i think maybe bulbagarden, or something like that. and they did mention the whole simpsons thing, but nintendo doesn't seem to care about that.

luckily, they haven't taken any action yet, and there's lots of speculation as to whether or not they will, but they're threatening to go after servers to shut down any pokémon sites they find.

sucks, too, since they prob'ly wouldn't be making half their pokéy profit if it weren't for all those sites. but maybe they'll never even see mine...

------------------

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 12-04-2000 07:59 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, I remember there was issue with one site that had huge chunks of various Pokemon episodes online...considering that they're making a bundle on video sales, I can see that.

But I don't think they're interested in shutting down fan sites that don't try and make money off buttloads of copyrighted material...

------------------
Opinions are like kittens, always giving 'em away. -Modest Mouse

spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 12-04-2000 10:38 PM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
dammit! i'm havin a helluva time finding this article! i'm sure it was at bulbagarden. i've run across some other funny "news" tho.

sez here you never get a shiny of any pokéy that appears only once in the game, specifically naming the big cats, ho-oh, & lugia. then goes on to say you can breed them to get shiny offspring.

oh, yeah, and one of the admins says them and tpm are the only two good sites left, since all the "newbies" drove the others off. hell, i made it through tech school without using the "n" word once (it's a big thing there), so i've no doubt i'll never use it inna forum.

anyways, i'll keep looking... i've been off doin' various other activities, but i'm online now.

------------------

spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 12-04-2000 11:00 PM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
jackpot! forgive my posting the whole thing, but there's not an actuall link (it's cgi), and if i just posted the directions on how i found it, it'd prolly take up at least half the space:

quote:

Nintendo vs. Pokemon Websites
by BulbaGarden | Monday, November 20, 2000
Nintendo informs the Pokemon Online Community of what they plan to do

A while ago, Nintendo was shutting down all sites with their copyright names. Such sa "Pikachu", "Bulbasaur" and "Charizard". Most Pokemon webmasters already knew about that, and it wasen't much a big deal.

But this weekend, Nintendo announced that they will be taking a second step. To banish certain Pokemon websites off the net for good. What kind are these? Well, recently, they've taken sites off like "Pokemon-Center.com", "Pokemon-Gym.com" ect. But that isn't all, they also said they are talking with their lawyers to see if they would have the ability to shut down any Pokemon website they want! With just one e-mail!

Now, is that fair? No, its not. Pokemon websites are probably what has gotton Pokemon its popularity. Though it may seem blunt, Pokemon websites are just advertisments for Nintendo. I mean, if they had a website all about YOU; wouldn't that get you more popular? Ofcorse! And with over hundreds of thousands of Pokemon websites on the net, there's no way the lid to Pokemon's coffin could shut.

So, why the sudden change in Nintendo's attitude towards us? Who knows! If you follow Online fansites, you'll know that this same ordeal happened to Simpsons sites with FOX. FOX caused hundreds of popular sites to shut down because of Video Clips, Sounds, media and even screenshots of the cartoon were not allowed! You'd also know that Simpsons sites often protest with "blackouts" causing all (well, alot) Simpsons fansites to shut down. Concequently causing fans to be angry and take action towards FOX.

Now, I don't know if we could ever get to how Simpsons sites are. There has been no definate sign of action from Nintendo, except those press releases. Though, UPNetwork was sent a Cease and Disist letter from NOA ordering them to discard all video clips from their site, stating it was taking market value off their products. Naturally, Jaxel (webmaster of UPNetwork) complied and took off all video clips and shut down the page where they were contained. NOA layed off.

Though now we hear all this mumbo jumbo from Nintendo, I don't know if they will comply with their accusations. Maybe their all stressed out with that whole Uri Geller ordeal, or maybe their just too over stimulated with their recent market increases. We can't tell the future (unless your a Celebi, then which you can travel through time..) so were just gonna have to wait to see what NOA's next plan of action is. Lets just hope its in our favor, and not theirs!

i don't think this dude has had freshman english yet. but with the typos i've seen myself make recently (after they were posted), i don't have room to talk. 'course i could type a lot better if this room weren't so damn cold... i miss the desert. any desert.

and speaking of deserts, i'm usually deployed for about four months out of the year (usually to saudi), sometimes more. my next one's coming right after new year's. does anything happen to our accounts here if they're dormant for that amount of time? if so i can just re-apply when i return (then i'd be a kiwi again! ), but it took so long to get this one... ???

sorry, long post. </post>

------------------
is a grass-type pokémon suitable food for a vegetarian?

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.