The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Grow, Pokémon, Grow!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Grow, Pokémon, Grow!
kelv
Farting Nudist
Member # 843

posted 11-29-2000 07:18 PM      Profile for kelv   Email kelv   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ever wonder how much experience a pokémon need to get to a particular level? If so, check the main site on Pokémon growth and acquire the growth patterns (Slow, Medium, Fast, Parabolic) of the original 151.

But how about 152 and later? Here they are, with the exception of Unown (201). These were obtained by catching wild pokémon and checking their experience in Silver (Gameshark if I had to), which is also true for Gold. Only the lowest evolved form is shown here, because this is true across the series (For example, look up Scyther for Scizor, Hitmonchan for Hitmontop, etc.).

Parabolic
Chikorita
Cyandaquil
Totodile
Mareep
Hoppip
Sunkern
Murkrow
Gligar
Shuckle
Sneasel
Celebi

Medium
Sentret
Hoothoot
Natu
Sudowoodo
Yanma
Wooper
Wobbuffet
Girafarig
Pineco
Dunsparce
Qwilfish
Teddiursa
Slugma
Remoraid
Phanpy

Slow
Chinchou
Heracross
Swinub
Mantine
Skarmory
Houndour
Stantler
Miltank
Raikou
Entei
Suicune
Larvitar
Lugia
Ho-Oh

Fast
Ledyba
Togepi
Spinarak
Marill
Aipom
Misdreavus
Corsola
Snubbull
Delibird
Smeargle

------------------
Remember, lest we forget... today is rememberance day
kelv, November 11, 2000

Hoppip
Farting Nudist
Member # 449

Member Rated:
posted 11-30-2000 10:49 AM      Profile for Hoppip   Email Hoppip   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry, I really am ignorant... what does parabolic mean?

------------------
"...The single most dominating person in the whole of the anti-sharking world"-
Dragonite21

From: Bath, England | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Eaichu250
Farting Nudist
Member # 826

Member Rated:
posted 11-30-2000 11:26 AM      Profile for Eaichu250   Email Eaichu250   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Trust me You dont want to know..
You want to?
OK
REAL slow. i think that's right if it needs so much freaking experince..

------------------
"Maaan, it rocks. I love rolling it along the ground and looking at its face." - Branners

From: Perth Amboy, NJ | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mana Lugia
Farting Nudist
Member # 905

Member Rated:
posted 11-30-2000 04:06 PM      Profile for Mana Lugia   Author's Homepage   Email Mana Lugia   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I thought that parabolic meant that the pokemon grows fast at the beginning, but gets slower in mid term, and past the slow growers near the end???

------------------
Why did Tigger hang around the bathroom?
-He was looking for Pooh!

Visit my code archive! (Lugia-the flying fish's is better)
Http://www.geocities.com/manalugia/home.html

Jenova
Farting Nudist
Member # 727

Member Rated:
posted 11-30-2000 04:10 PM      Profile for Jenova   Author's Homepage   Email Jenova   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thats what I thought too...it says so on the info page...

------------------
Life is like a game of cards....If you dont have a partner, you need a good hand

kelv
Farting Nudist
Member # 843

posted 11-30-2000 07:02 PM      Profile for kelv   Email kelv   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Parabolic starts out faster than fast (requires less experience) until Level 30, when Fast becomes faster. At level 68, Parabolic becomes slower than Medium (requiring more experience), but Parabolic growth will never be slower than Slow growth.

------------------
Remember, lest we forget... today is rememberance day
kelv, November 11, 2000

MewtwoSama
Asshole
Member # 12

Member Rated:
posted 12-01-2000 03:45 PM      Profile for MewtwoSama   Author's Homepage   Email MewtwoSama   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The equation for experience uses a formula like this:

ax^2 + bx + c = d

If you know your algebra, you'll know x^2 means parabolic.

------------------
I love, lttle girls, they make me feel so good!

I love, little girls, they make me feel so, BAD!

From: Abyss of Evil | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
quesoso
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 472

Rate Member
posted 12-02-2000 08:23 PM      Profile for quesoso   Author's Homepage   Email quesoso   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Whoa... for some reason I never equated the word parabolic with the word parabola. Enlightenment!

------------------

From: Escondido, CA, USA | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Land und Leute
HETEROSEXUAL
Member # 1040

Member Rated:
posted 12-22-2000 11:18 PM      Profile for Land und Leute   Email Land und Leute   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A parabola looks like a U.

------------------
"Your cheeseburger used TRI ATTACK!"

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.