The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Swift missed! Twister didn't!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Swift missed! Twister didn't!
Land und Leute
HETEROSEXUAL
Member # 1040

Member Rated:
posted 11-25-2000 06:00 PM      Profile for Land und Leute   Email Land und Leute   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What??? Okay. In G/S, does Swift always miss when you use Fly (and that sort of move)? Or was that a one time thing? Also, when I used Fly, Twister still hit me! How about that!!

------------------
Land und Leute - Land and People

"Your mamma used HARDEN! Your mamma used SELFDESTRUCT!"

Marril
Farting Nudist
Member # 51

Member Rated:
posted 11-25-2000 07:59 PM      Profile for Marril     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Fly and Dig evade Swift. Gust and Twister can hit Flyers, and Earthquake can hit Diggers...

Edit: and they do double-damage if they hit while you're Flying/Digging

------------------
"But, it was so artistically done."
--Grand Admiral Thrawn's final words,
Star Wars: The Last Command

[This message has been edited by Marril (edited 11-25-2000).]

Yay Porygon
Farting Nudist
Member # 810

Member Rated:
posted 11-25-2000 10:04 PM      Profile for Yay Porygon   Author's Homepage   Email Yay Porygon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Magnitude hits Diggers.

I hate how Rollout hits my birds.

------------------
Oy.

From: Peregrine Island | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr.E
Farting Nudist
Member # 696

Member Rated:
posted 11-26-2000 02:33 AM      Profile for Mr.E     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And Thunder hits Flyers for double too...

------------------
I AM A GOLDEN GOD!

From: Munchkin Land, Oz | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Crimzonite
Farting Nudist
Member # 307

Member Rated:
posted 11-26-2000 10:46 AM      Profile for Crimzonite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Yay Porygon:
Magnitude hits Diggers.

I hate how Rollout hits my birds.

Erm, Rollout is a rock attack, it's supposed to hit birds. O.o

------------------

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 11-27-2000 03:53 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, but it doesn't make much real-world sense, since it's hard for something rolling on the ground to hit a bird...

------------------
"I like to do politics with people from the East. Joe Clark and Stockwell Day are from Alberta. They are a different type. I'm joking. I'm serious. Uh..."
-- Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chrétien

Porygone
The Goatse Man
Member # 805

Member Rated:
posted 11-28-2000 10:38 PM      Profile for Porygone   Email Porygone   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
True, but I remember reading in science class that flying things (like birds) have a difficult time being electrocuted, while anything on the ground would be more likely to suffer from electrocutions (or something to that effect), which means based on real life stuff, Flying types should be resisstant or immune to Electric types attacks, while Ground types would be weak to them, though this would cause Flying types to become more dominant. Of course, in real life terms, Bonemerang would probably be a Flying type attack, as it's THROWN at the opponent.......

Maybe Yay Porygon just meant she didn't like how birds were weak to Rock, and because Rollout increases in damage as it hits, the pain's gonna add up quickly?

I like that Rock-Rollout connection. Rock 'n Roll....bah, I've too much free time.

------------------
"The Devil has no inner child. It's sad really" - Lewis, The Drew Carey Show

"We are not crazy! Stop staring, or we will kill you all!" Jack Malloy, Unhappily Ever After

[This message has been edited by Porygone (edited 11-28-2000).]

From: Celadon City Gym | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Yay Porygon
Farting Nudist
Member # 810

Member Rated:
posted 11-29-2000 02:43 AM      Profile for Yay Porygon   Author's Homepage   Email Yay Porygon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
FINALLY someone remembered my gender! Phew.

I thought it was Ground fer awhile...Oy. Somewhere I read that it was, and I "verified" it by my Cyndaquil dying at that dang Miltank's hooves. But I figured the truth after looking it up a day after I posted, and by then I was too lazy to edit it. ^_^

Yes, things on the ground get electrocuted easily. There should be a Rubber type. I do know the birds here all go ZAP on the power lines, like the squirrels. Stupid things cause blackouts.

Oh well, the Donphan in the movie Rolloutted into the air, so I guess that...makes...sense somehow. I hate Twister. Poor FLYers of mine. At least Twister's weakish...it does do double damage when FLYing? And Magnitude double too when DIGging?

------------------
Oy.

From: Peregrine Island | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Hassamu
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 203

Rate Member
posted 12-08-2000 09:48 PM      Profile for Hassamu   Email Hassamu   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In case you didn't know, Thunder hits things that are using Fly. That is bad for whatever is using Fly!
From: Suffolk, VA, USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
*Scyther
Farting Nudist
Member # 327

Rate Member
posted 12-09-2000 11:40 PM      Profile for *Scyther   Email *Scyther   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
can FLY hit FLYers, and DIG hit DIGgers?

------------------

Muku
Farting Nudist
Member # 1052

Member Rated:
posted 12-10-2000 01:26 AM      Profile for Muku   Email Muku   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Porygone:
True, but I remember reading in science class that flying things (like birds) have a difficult time being electrocuted, while anything on the ground would be more likely to suffer from electrocutions (or something to that effect), which means based on real life stuff, Flying types should be resisstant or immune to Electric types attacks, while Ground types would be weak to them, though this would cause Flying types to become more dominant. Of course, in real life terms, Bonemerang would probably be a Flying type attack, as it's THROWN at the opponent.......

Maybe Yay Porygon just meant she didn't like how birds were weak to Rock, and because Rollout increases in damage as it hits, the pain's gonna add up quickly?

I like that Rock-Rollout connection. Rock 'n Roll....bah, I've too much free time.

I understand you can kill 2 birds with 1 stone, if I'm not mistaken...

------------------
[Sig deleted due to absurd content.] - Hee hee.

Land und Leute
HETEROSEXUAL
Member # 1040

Member Rated:
posted 12-15-2000 09:55 PM      Profile for Land und Leute   Email Land und Leute   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.E:
And Thunder hits Flyers for double too...

Agh... Are you serious? There might actually be use for that crappy electric attack! Any other electric moves do this?

quote:
Originally posted by Yay Porygon:
Yes, things on the ground get electrocuted easily. There should be a Rubber type. I do know the birds here all go ZAP on the power lines, like the squirrels. Stupid things cause blackouts.

A rubber type -- neat. How about we call a Pokemon "Elastix" and give it Wrap and Elasticball (like Shadowball, only better). Do you think Sudowoodo gets electrocuted a lot?

------------------
"Your cheeseburger used TRI ATTACK!"

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 12-16-2000 01:19 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There might actually be use for that crappy electric attack!

You mean besides in conjunction with Rain Dance?

------------------
"Would Al Gore know that Toronto is the capital of Canada?"
"He sure would! Our guy is way smarter than George W. Bush."
-- Rick Mercer and an anonymous Democrat

Land und Leute
HETEROSEXUAL
Member # 1040

Member Rated:
posted 12-22-2000 08:57 PM      Profile for Land und Leute   Email Land und Leute   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by White Cat:
You mean besides in conjunction with Rain Dance?

[Sorry, I haven't been around]

Wait a minute. What's this about Thunder with Rain Dance? Anyone?

------------------

Land und Leute
HETEROSEXUAL
Member # 1040

Member Rated:
posted 12-22-2000 10:28 PM      Profile for Land und Leute   Email Land und Leute   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh! Right, right, right. I forgot all about that for a second (I actually thought you were talking about Thunderbolt ). Whoops. My bad!

------------------

MewtwoSama
Asshole
Member # 12

Member Rated:
posted 12-22-2000 10:35 PM      Profile for MewtwoSama   Author's Homepage   Email MewtwoSama   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Does Thunder have better accuracy when the enemy uses Fly?

Why did the computer's Paras miss with Spore twice on my Grimer and Crobat? Just so odd...

------------------
$.34

From: Abyss of Evil | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.