next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » DVs

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: DVs
Jared0169
Farting Nudist
Member # 1081

Member Rated:
posted 11-06-2000 06:57 PM      Profile for Jared0169   Email Jared0169   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What are DVs and how do I figure them out? Please respond to this post with a formula. I also don't understand the hexadecimal stuff involved with calculating what Hidden Power you will get, if someone will email me or reply with an explanation of hexadecimal stuff that would be appreciated!!!

------------------
The poster formerly known as Mew72584
Email:jared_van_ausdal@hotmail.com
AIM: Jared0169

From: Beavercreek, Ohio, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Rysto
Farting Nudist
Member # 24

Member Rated:
posted 11-06-2000 08:07 PM      Profile for Rysto   Email Rysto   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
DVs are relatively simple to figure out. Whenever you meet a wild Pokemon, each of its stats(in R/B/Y, Att, Def, Spd, Spc, HP) are assigned a value from 0 - 15. This value determines the maximum possible stats that your Pokemon can get. The higher the number, the higher stat can get. To calculate the DV, you Rare candy it to lvl 50/100 and use this formula for all stats except HP)

DV = (50 * (Stat - 5)/Level)- Base Stat

For HP:

DV = (50 * (HP - 10)/Level) - Base Stat - 50

There's a good explanation of this here: http://www.geocities.com/marcusmajarra/mechanics.html

------------------
Written, in Braille, on a door in a stadium:
"Umpire's locker room"

From: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
rocket
Farting Nudist
Member # 1019

Rate Member
posted 11-09-2000 12:10 PM      Profile for rocket   Email rocket   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Can you still work them out if you train them or will I have to train another pokemon all together? Thanks.

------------------
"I am who I am"

Rysto
Farting Nudist
Member # 24

Member Rated:
posted 11-09-2000 04:36 PM      Profile for Rysto   Email Rysto   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If you train them, you have to get them to max stat XP in all stats to calculate the stats.

------------------
Written, in Braille, on a door in a stadium:
"Umpire's locker room"

From: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.