next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » GS Link Battles

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: GS Link Battles
Land und Leute
HETEROSEXUAL
Member # 1040

Member Rated:
posted 11-04-2000 01:38 PM      Profile for Land und Leute   Email Land und Leute   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If you are battling someone else using a link cable, how is the time determined? If you have attacks that work based on the time of day, such as Synthesis, how will those work?

------------------
Land und Leute - Land and People

Ask not what you can do for your Pokemon, but what your Pokemon can do for you. =P

"Your mamma used HARDEN! Your mamma used SELFDESTRUCT!"

MegaScythe
I am resposible for Grease 2.
Member # 1097

Member Rated:
posted 11-04-2000 01:47 PM      Profile for MegaScythe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Im not sure, but I believe that all recover moves restore half the HP no matter what the time of day during link battles(because what if ones persons gameboy is set differently from the other?, I dont know why that would be,but Im thinkin hypothetically).I also think Synthesis gives more if you use Sunny Day during links, but Ive never tried yet.Later!

------------------
"Ive got somethin to say!!"-Jerri Blank(Strangers with Candy)

The Rookie
Farting Nudist
Member # 1030

Rate Member
posted 11-04-2000 01:54 PM      Profile for The Rookie   Email The Rookie   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
well for the sunny day thing: moonlight, morning sunlight and synthesis all heall 100% during sunny day. Conversely they only heal 25% during rain dance.

and since i haven't had a link battle i cant' answer it, sorry

------------------

Lugia -The Flying Fish
Farting Nudist
Member # 1044

Member Rated:
posted 11-04-2000 02:00 PM      Profile for Lugia -The Flying Fish   Author's Homepage   Email Lugia -The Flying Fish   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MegaScythe:
Im not sure, but I believe that all recover moves restore half the HP no matter what the time of day during link battles(because what if ones persons gameboy is set differently from the other?, I dont know why that would be,but Im thinkin hypothetically).I also think Synthesis gives more if you use Sunny Day during links, but Ive never tried yet.Later!

MegaScythe is correct. No matter what time of day/night when battling in a Link battle, Synthesis/Moonlight/ect recovers 50% health.

I have no idea if Sunny Day will recover 100% HP when used in a Link, tho.

------------------
Comparing Pokemon to GayBZ should be a crime punishable by death. -StarCaliber
AIM: LugiaTheFlyNFish

From: Pensacola, FL, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
MegaScythe
Member # 1097

Member Rated:
posted 11-04-2000 02:01 PM      Profile for MegaScythe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Moonlight heals 100% during Sunny Day?I didnt know that. Im so ashamed...Later!

------------------

The Rookie
Farting Nudist
Member # 1030

Rate Member
posted 11-04-2000 02:47 PM      Profile for The Rookie   Email The Rookie   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well of course sunny day will restore a 100% in link, that's one of it's effects

------------------

MegaScythe
Member # 1097

Member Rated:
posted 11-04-2000 03:13 PM      Profile for MegaScythe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, but the name of the attack is Moonlight, so I figured it wouldnt boost it, but its good that I know otherwise now. Oh yeah, does anybody no what happens if you use Rain Dance, then your opponent uses Sunny Day? does it cancel out the Rain Dance or what?Later!

------------------

Mr.E
Farting Nudist
Member # 696

Member Rated:
posted 11-04-2000 05:29 PM      Profile for Mr.E     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The most recent weather condition used (Sandstorm/Sunny Day/Rain Dance) will be in effect. So if you used Sunny Day, then your opponent used Rain Dance, Rain Dance would be in effect.

------------------
I AM A GOLDEN GOD!

From: Munchkin Land, Oz | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Rookie
Farting Nudist
Member # 1030

Rate Member
posted 11-04-2000 06:14 PM      Profile for The Rookie   Email The Rookie   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, you gotta remember that Sunny Day was originally "clear skies" and moon light was "lucky light", so in the original names the contradiction doesn't exsisist

------------------

Crimzonite
Farting Nudist
Member # 307

Member Rated:
posted 11-04-2000 07:12 PM      Profile for Crimzonite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Moonlight is an accurate translation. Tsuki no Hikaru means Moonlight. I can understand the mistake (tsuki written in katakana as it is in the game means lucky, but it's probably a pun), but what's the point of calling it "lucky light" if it works when the moon is out?

------------------

Land und Leute
HETEROSEXUAL
Member # 1040

Member Rated:
posted 11-05-2000 05:34 PM      Profile for Land und Leute   Email Land und Leute   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone for mentioning all this. You answered my question (and a whole lot more! I didn't know much about the Sunny Day ans Moonlight thing!)

------------------
Land und Leute - Land and People

"Your mamma used HARDEN! Your mamma used SELFDESTRUCT!"

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.