The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » A new discovery?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A new discovery?
Jman
Farting Nudist
Member # 618

Member Rated:
posted 11-02-2000 08:54 PM      Profile for Jman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Maybe....

I dunno if anyone has ever noticed this, but when your pokemon has not been healed for a while, its picture moves slower(especially, when its fainted). This I believe means that it is tired. This "tiredness" could account for something, such as the amount of damage the defending pokemon. Has anyone ever test this?

------------------
Jman, G/S Researcher In-training

Please check out my website, home of my studies at: http://all.at/jman

Yay Porygon
Farting Nudist
Member # 810

Member Rated:
posted 11-02-2000 10:37 PM      Profile for Yay Porygon   Author's Homepage   Email Yay Porygon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I kinda knew this since R/B first came out. They hop and dance and whatever they do in your roster slower depending on the amount of health (green, yellow, red, none) they's got. I doubt it affects anything else...just sort of something to look at and be amused.

------------------
Oy.

From: Peregrine Island | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
pikacup
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1065

Rate Member
posted 11-03-2000 02:36 PM      Profile for pikacup   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes, in Y there's a little girl somewhere who will give you a Pokemon (one of the R/B starters?) only if Pikachu is happy.

In G/S you get something if your Pokemons are happy also, I forgot exactly what...

------------------
pikacup
Pika Cup Strategies - Pokémon Tournament
http://www.geocities.com/pokemoncup/

From: oakland ca us | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Porygone
The Goatse Man
Member # 805

Member Rated:
posted 11-03-2000 04:59 PM      Profile for Porygone   Email Porygone   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yay Porygon (love the name, BTW), is right, it's only really there to amuse you (but darn entertaining on R/B/Y if you use the Dodrio Game Boy on Stdium).

And, Pikacup was right too. In G/S, some happy Pokemon evolve, and some people give you TMs based on their Happiness. Unhappy ones can get you the Frustration TM (Goldenrod), happy ones can get you the Return TM (Goldenrod), or the Sand Storm TM (woman in the first house you see in Kanto).

------------------
"This is reality. No one can help you. Sit back and enjoy the show. Rest assured, you fools. This is only the beginning. Let us start a new reign of terror. I will let you live a fantasy beyond your imagination." - Sorceress Edea, Final Fantasy 8

From: Celadon City Gym | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Yay Porygon
Farting Nudist
Member # 810

Member Rated:
posted 11-03-2000 05:51 PM      Profile for Yay Porygon   Author's Homepage   Email Yay Porygon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
^_^ Thanks for the compliment on the name, Porygone.

Speaking of dancing pokés, in Dodrio mode, you leave the crazy Yellow Pikachu behind you, walk over a little jump-cliff but don't let him follow, wait a touch of time, then put Dodrio mode back into normal mode. He'll be bouncing and dancing and twirling amusation.

Oh, right, and of course on Sundays (?) on one of the top floors of the Goldenrod shopping place, a lady'll either give you Return or Frustration based on your poké's happiness.

------------------
Oy.

[This message has been edited by Yay Porygon (edited 11-03-2000).]

From: Peregrine Island | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jman
Farting Nudist
Member # 618

Member Rated:
posted 11-03-2000 06:01 PM      Profile for Jman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Uhhh... I knew some pokemon evolve in G/S with Hapiness. And I know about how you recieve Bulbasaur from that girl in Cerulean City.

I was just wondering if it affects anything...

------------------
Jman, G/S Researcher In-training

Please check out my website, home of my studies at: http://all.at/jman

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.