The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Red Gyrados Eggs.....Mmmmm!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Red Gyrados Eggs.....Mmmmm!
VOTM
Farting Nudist
Member # 840

Member Rated:
posted 11-02-2000 05:10 PM      Profile for VOTM   Email VOTM   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just got my Red Gyrados and Ditto to give me an Egg. My Question is, Will the Magikarp that hatches be "shiny" or will it just be yet another tasty snack for my Feragator?

------------------
Articuno, hear my cry

"This Kittens Purdy." Jackdaw
Bust a Groove 2 ROCKS!
Being a Kiwi sucks.

From: SeaFoam Islands | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Caos2
Farting Nudist
Member # 104

Member Rated:
posted 11-02-2000 05:38 PM      Profile for Caos2   Email Caos2   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You`ll get normal pokes unless they get the right DV values.

Caos2

------------------
Slayer of Monsters, Avenger of the Wronged, and Lover of Easy Women.

From: Belo Horizonte | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
VOTM
Farting Nudist
Member # 840

Member Rated:
posted 11-02-2000 07:16 PM      Profile for VOTM   Email VOTM   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Crap. So much for the Shiny Karp. Any one hungry?

------------------
Articuno, hear my cry

"This Kittens Purdy." Jackdaw
Bust a Groove 2 ROCKS!
Ah, a Penguin at last! Why does that sound so wrong?

From: SeaFoam Islands | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 11-03-2000 03:00 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
http://members.nbci.com/_XMCM/Meowth346/gs/breed/eggmemo_06.htm

If you breed with Ditto, the baby always gets its genes from the amorphous blob.

------------------
"I heard that Bush didn't even know who Canada's president is."
-- Member of Al Gore's campaign staff

Porygone
The Goatse Man
Member # 805

Member Rated:
posted 11-03-2000 05:01 PM      Profile for Porygone   Email Porygone   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm an idiot at breeding, but......

If I get a Shiny Ditto, since being shiny is based on genes, and the baby will get it's genes fro Ditto, will the genes Ditto passes on make the baby shiny, or just result in a normal, non-shiny Pokemon?

------------------
"This is reality. No one can help you. Sit back and enjoy the show. Rest assured, you fools. This is only the beginning. Let us start a new reign of terror. I will let you live a fantasy beyond your imagination." - Sorceress Edea, Final Fantasy 8

From: Celadon City Gym | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Yay Porygon
Farting Nudist
Member # 810

Member Rated:
posted 11-03-2000 05:48 PM      Profile for Yay Porygon   Author's Homepage   Email Yay Porygon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
M'kay...read my description based on Meowth's thing, this is for getting Max Gened folk, but if you understand it, you can figure out for Shinies.

Taken from Meowth's breeding pages on the stats of eggs:

Egg's IVA = (X and F0) + (Parent's IVA and 0F)
Egg's IVB = (Y and F8) + (Parent's IVB and 07)

The Parent's IVs can be found using Meowth's IV program. You can also guarantee you know the parent's IVs by Sharking. It is the best way I can teach you, so listen.

When you are entering the codes to make your pokémon's genes perfect, you have four blank spaces to use in two separate codes.

01_ _...
01_ _...

In your first code, your first blank is equal to the gene for Attack. The second is Defense. This group is your "Parent's IVA," and the max genes would be FF, or 15 and 15. For the equation, in the first line, last set of parentheses, (FF and 0F).

In your second code, the first blank is for Speed, the second for Special (both Special Attack and Defense are used with the same gene). This is your "Parent's IVB." Fill in the corresponding part of the equation at the top.

Now it may get somewhat tricky for those of you as confused as I was. X and Y, in the equation, are completely random values. F0, 0F, F8 and 07 are ALWAYS THERE. They do not waver; they are what allows you to get the perfect poké.

In each parenthetic phrase, the highest number (FF is higher than F0, for example) is thrown out. Then you just finish the equation for the Egg's IVs. The top equation becomes the Attack and Defense, the lower the Speed and Special (in that order). The only problem? You can't, of course, figure out whether the X and Y random numbers will be higher than F0 and F8, which you hope they will.

F0+0F=FF
F8+07=FF

Use your scientific mode on your calculator to add them up if you don't believe me. Now, remember from the Sharking guide? FF is the max any genes can be. We like FF. We want X and Y to be higher than F0 and F8 so that F0 and F8 will be used, making the equation add up to FF FF IVs.

Also remember that when anything breeds with a Ditto, the Ditto's genes are used in the equation (see Meowth's Special Rewrite). So if you get a Ditto with an Attack higher than 0 (very easy), a Defense that's F, max (one in fifteen), a Speed higher than 0 (again, easy), and a Special higher than 7 (one in two), you can use it to breed with anything to make sure the second set of parenthetic phrases in the equations above become "0F" and "07".

I do realize you can't breed on wonderful moves this way, since it's easier (or you only can, I'm not yet sure about the skills learned) to breed two different species, one with the move you want (male) and one of the species you want (female). Make the female have the aforementioned genes (as shown with a Ditto) if you want a male, which you do. Unless of course you want the perfect Miltank, wherein the male must have the genes. Trust me; it's on Meowth's Special Rewrite page.

Now you want to get set on breeding. It's a better chance you'll get the right X and Y random numbers than it is to find max-gened creatures in the wild. If you any get the following as your numbers:

X - F0, F1, F2, F3, F4, F5, F6, F7, F8, F9, FA, FB, FC, FD, FE, FF

Y - F8, F9, FA, FB, FC, FD, FE, FF

And both X and Y must be a listed number there, then you will have a max-gened baby. See, those listed numbers are all higher than the pre-programmed number, and thus will be dropped. You want the pre-programmed numbers!

You may have to hatch many eggs to get such numbers, but at least once a pair starts making eggs, they don't stop. And you can always use the Quick Hatch Shark code to get them to hatch faster. When they hatch, save your game. If you can, Shark up 45 Rare Candies to give them, as seeing at Lv50 what their genes are is easier than at Lv5. Much easier. But you can go ahead and check anyway, using Meowth's Stat Program. For some creatures, IVs of 15 are already different than the other IVs at Lv5. If you can't Shark up 45 Rare Candies, do this: first, open up Meowth's Stat Program. Input your creature's 'Dex number and a low level, such as 5 or 6. Say it's completely untrained, then check the stat listings. If the IV15 row is distinguishable from the other IV rows, you only have to get your creature up to that level to see whether it got good genes or not.

Be prepared to spend a lot of time trying to hatch eggs and check them, but it's the legal way to have a team sans Legendaries that is completely maxed. ^_^

------------------
Oy.

From: Peregrine Island | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Porygone
The Goatse Man
Member # 805

Member Rated:
posted 11-03-2000 10:19 PM      Profile for Porygone   Email Porygone   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As I suffer through his headache.....and see numbers and letters fly around my head...and fight the tears......I take it that means 'no'.

------------------
"This is reality. No one can help you. Sit back and enjoy the show. Rest assured, you fools. This is only the beginning. Let us start a new reign of terror. I will let you live a fantasy beyond your imagination." - Sorceress Edea, Final Fantasy 8

From: Celadon City Gym | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 11-04-2000 02:17 PM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here's something I don't understand about Meowth's description. He says that a male baby gets its genes from the mother, and a female gets its genes from the father. However, if a female baby gets male genes, then it should immediately turn into a male, since the Attack gene determines the gender. This seems like a rather bizarre way for the programmers to do it...

------------------
"I heard that Bush didn't even know who Canada's president is."
-- Member of Al Gore's campaign staff

Yay Porygon
Farting Nudist
Member # 810

Member Rated:
posted 11-04-2000 03:45 PM      Profile for Yay Porygon   Author's Homepage   Email Yay Porygon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nono, you are misunderstanding, as I once was.

Read over my inordinately long post, and (what may clinch the information into understanding) do it yourself while reading. The Attack gene is not directly carried over whatsoever; if it's above 0 (likely), 0 will be used. But not as the gene itself! You also have some Random Numbers, and if it's lower than F (likely), the Random Number plus 0 are added, Hex-style, to figure out the baby's Attack gene.

I would re-explain, but I have food to eat.

------------------
Oy.

Moltres23
Farting Nudist
Member # 26

Member Rated:
posted 11-05-2000 05:47 PM      Profile for Moltres23   Email Moltres23   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I *think* I have it. Lemme see if I have my math right...

I am mating two Omastars, both with similar DVs/Genes...

The Male: F93F
The Female: 197F

Assuming the Child is Female, the stats are thusly based on the Father...
Random Genes are 6CF9...

Egg's GenesA= (6C v F0) + (F9 v 0F)= 6C + 0F = 6B
Egg's GenesB= (F9 v F8) + (3F v 07)= F8 + 07 = FF

Resulting in a baby with 6BFF as it's genes. Am I right?

Now, let's say that the Child is Male, thusly based on the Mother...
Random Genes are 94AD

Egg's GenesA= (94 v F0) + (19 v 0F)= 94 + 0F = 93
Egg's GenesB= (AD v F8) + (7F v 07)= AD + 07 = A4

So the child would be 93A4.

Oy! I am so very sure I messed that up somewhere along the line!!

How do I figure out the odds of getting a max special max HP Omanyte???

*is befuddled*

Yay Porygon
Farting Nudist
Member # 810

Member Rated:
posted 11-05-2000 06:05 PM      Profile for Yay Porygon   Author's Homepage   Email Yay Porygon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, you do understand it. ^_^

Trouble is, the only way to get a max-statted creature is how I explained: luck of the Randoms. You want the randoms to be the ones I listed, else you won't get a max-statter.

I'm too lazy to figure out the odds, sorry. ^_^

------------------
Oy.

Moltres23
Farting Nudist
Member # 26

Member Rated:
posted 11-05-2000 10:40 PM      Profile for Moltres23   Email Moltres23   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
According to my calcs, it's a 1.9 chance in 1000 to get a max statter...

Nearly 2/1000 eggs will be max.

However, that's only for the Male of the species. Were you to include Females as possible max statters, there's more X's...

X - 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 7A, 7B, 7C, 7D, 7E, 7F

I'm assuming that's for 50% Male/Female Pokemon.

The chanses then become 3.9 in 1000, roughly 4. Then again, those aren't exactly Max Statters, by definition of being female.

I'm going to have to do further math... yuck, math... I need to figure out if it's logical to breed for something with Low, Odd attack, Max defense, Odd speed, Max special.

Oy! Now what are my odds? *huddles over graphing calculator*

Edit: Question, when determining if one is greater, for example (3E v 0F), will the result be take from the two combined as one number, the result being 3E, or would they be considered seperately, the result being 3F?

------------------
No matter what you read or what you're told, experience will always yeild the truth.
-Moltres23

[This message has been edited by Moltres23 (edited 11-05-2000).]

Yay Porygon
Farting Nudist
Member # 810

Member Rated:
posted 11-06-2000 02:32 PM      Profile for Yay Porygon   Author's Homepage   Email Yay Porygon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
^_^ Still better odds than in the wild!

And, er, it's in groups. 3E is bigger than 0F. And when you add, say 3E+0F, it's 4D.

Love them graphing calculators.

------------------
Oy.

Datax
Farting Nudist
Member # 1064

Rate Member
posted 11-14-2000 03:55 PM      Profile for Datax   Email Datax   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So I guess a shiny Ditto will not yield shiny babies? Sigh...

------------------
-Datax

It takes balls to catch pokemon

Q-Bone
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 602

Rate Member
posted 11-26-2000 01:54 PM      Profile for Q-Bone   Email Q-Bone   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Aw Hell, I thought I could just read the UBB without posting but, I coulda just Sharked out some Max Statters, instead of reading all the Mind-numbing stuff...*Runs off into the Deepest Darkest Shadows*

------------------
There are 2 ways to handle women, and I know neither.

[This message has been edited by Q-Bone (edited 11-26-2000).]

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.