next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Pokémon Colors

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pokémon Colors
JP Nogueira
Farting Nudist
Member # 962

Member Rated:
posted 10-28-2000 01:32 PM      Profile for JP Nogueira   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi people!

A bunch of trainers on pokémon silver says that pokémon with different colors are more valuable. Do they say that only about Red Gyarados or is it possible to breed pokémon to get a purple/green Butterfree, like in Pokémon Stadium?

See ya people!
Lord Noga

------------------

The Rookie
Farting Nudist
Member # 1030

Rate Member
posted 10-28-2000 02:25 PM      Profile for The Rookie   Email The Rookie   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Coloured or "shiny" pokemon can only be randomly found in the wild.

Sometimes when you fight a wild pokemon it will shimmer and change colour.

However shiney pokemon only have better BASE stats, in the end they have the exact same stat potential as normal pokemon.

------------------

Night
Farting Nudist
Member # 927

Rate Member
posted 10-28-2000 09:21 PM      Profile for Night     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Rookie:
Coloured or "shiny" pokemon can only be randomly found in the wild.

Sometimes when you fight a wild pokemon it will shimmer and change colour.

However shiney pokemon only have better BASE stats, in the end they have the exact same stat potential as normal pokemon.

so do they not have max stats in some categories? if not, what's the bloody point?
true, they look cooler, and i bet on g/s stadium, they're going to be spellbinding, but really though, why spend the time trying to find one if it's stats are going to have the same possibility of not being max as the next poke you catch?

-night

------------------
You take the blue pill and the story ends. You wake in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.
You take the red pill and you stay in Wonderland, and I show you just how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 10-29-2000 12:07 PM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They has the same "base stats" as their non-shined counterparts, and they do not have max stats at all (except maybe for Attack on some, I don't remember if they can offhand).

So, what are they for? Just to feel lucky that you found one, and to show it off to your friends.

--Meowth346

------------------
Researcher in charge of Pokémon Forever, a compilation of about 1/1000th of my work.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.