The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Whoa... is this suppose to happen?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Whoa... is this suppose to happen?
abz1986
Farting Nudist
Member # 150

Member Rated:
posted 10-27-2000 10:27 PM      Profile for abz1986   Author's Homepage   Email abz1986   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
How come I can't get Phanfy or Donphan in my
Gold version? Instead, I get the 2 bears(forgot names). I mean, in my japanese silver, I get those two bears... and in my friends Japanese gold, he gets phanfy and donphan.

Is Gold suppose to get the bears, or is my cart screwy?

Oh btw, what other items can you get when trading your rby pokes to Gold/Silver besides:
Normal Box
Brightpowder
Bitter Berry

------------------
"I'm not poot poot to poot of poot. Its poot but poot at the poot poot. " - poot poot man

From: Overland Park, KS, USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jackdaw
Farting Nudist
Member # 118

Member Rated:
posted 10-27-2000 10:39 PM      Profile for Jackdaw   Author's Homepage   Email Jackdaw   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is stange, but I've heard of this before.

Originally, I have read that Gold contains Donphan and Silver contains Ursaring, but when I said this to someone when the American version came out, they told me otherwise. It would seem for some idiotic reason, in the American version of Pokemon G/S, the availibility of Donphan and Ursaring are reversed. I don't know why, but that seems to be what it is.

------------------
I could put something funny and witty here, but I'm not. So there.

JP Nogueira
Farting Nudist
Member # 962

Member Rated:
posted 10-28-2000 04:20 PM      Profile for JP Nogueira   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi people!

I have caught phanpy and Donphan in my silver version, but no trace of Ursaring. So, maybe they changed some things in the USA version.

And I have traded Snorlax from my Blue cart and he came with Leftovers. I think this is because when you get snorlax near viridian city, it already has leftovers.

Ok, see ya!
JP Nogueira

------------------

Philbo
Farting Nudist
Member # 443

Member Rated:
posted 10-28-2000 05:31 PM      Profile for Philbo   Email Philbo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In my Japanese Silver you cannot get Donphan.....

Maybe it's *shudder* random.....

------------------
Philbo, you rock.- Cat-Gonk
Hell yes, Philbo- cfalcon
AIM:Philbosan

From: Kent, England | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Lugia -The Flying Fish
Farting Nudist
Member # 1044

Member Rated:
posted 10-28-2000 09:10 PM      Profile for Lugia -The Flying Fish   Author's Homepage   Email Lugia -The Flying Fish   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No, NOA changed it around. I don't know why they switched Pokemon...but they did.
From: Pensacola, FL, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Lunair
Farting Nudist
Member # 681

Member Rated:
posted 10-29-2000 12:37 AM      Profile for Lunair     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JP Nogueira:
...And I have traded Snorlax from my Blue cart and he came with Leftovers. I think this is because when you get snorlax near viridian city, it already has leftovers.

Hmm... interesting... this would seem to imply that you could trade the same Snorlax back and forth to get more and more leftovers. Not that it has any real significance, what with the ability to duplicate pokemon (and their attached item), but this means that you are meant to have as many Leftovers as you want.

If multiple members of your team have the Amulet Coin (assuming you duplicated it), do you get even more money? Or still just double?

-Datax

------------------
'Yes, I passed on your message to Mr. Zarniwoop, but I'm afraid he's too cool to see you right now.'
-The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

From: United Union of Onions | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Meganium
Farting Nudist
Member # 1020

Rate Member
posted 10-29-2000 10:17 AM      Profile for Meganium   Author's Homepage   Email Meganium   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, some of the pokemon were switched around so nintendo could force little kids into buying the other version that they thought a certain pokemon was in.

P.S. What is up with all of the 'peguin' names below peoples names?

------------------
I live in a tree and bake cookies, so that means I can't have friends?~me

I got beat up by a lawn gnome~me

I like cake

From: hannibal, New York, America | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 10-29-2000 12:04 PM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think I know why the switch, and I'm sure many others have figured this reason. Donphan is a grey (silver) colour skin-wise, which Ursaring has brown (gold) fur. that does make sense, right? Putting them into games based on their colours?

--Meowth346

------------------
Researcher in charge of Pokémon Forever, a compilation of about 1/1000th of my work.

Divine Wind
Farting Nudist
Member # 1051

Rate Member
posted 10-29-2000 08:10 PM      Profile for Divine Wind   Author's Homepage   Email Divine Wind   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In my Japanese Silver I also got Ariados/Spinarak but in my American Silver you get Ledyba/Ledian. I think they may have switched around the Gold-only and Silver-only pokemon

------------------

Porygone
The Goatse Man
Member # 805

Member Rated:
posted 10-29-2000 08:47 PM      Profile for Porygone   Email Porygone   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Meowth346:
I think I know why the switch, and I'm sure many others have figured this reason. Donphan is a grey (silver) colour skin-wise, which Ursaring has brown (gold) fur. that does make sense, right? Putting them into games based on their colours?

--Meowth346

Don't forget that honey is also a golden-ish color. Bears are "supposed" to enjoy eating honey (Teddiursa's forehead moon glows when it finds honey, and it's paws always have a honey taste on them, which is why they always lick them).

------------------
"This is reality. No one can help you. Sit back and enjoy the show. Rest assured, you fools. This is only the beginning. Let us start a new reign of terror. I will let you live a fantasy beyond your imagination." - Sorceress Edea, Final Fantasy 8

From: Celadon City Gym | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
TeeJay
Farting Nudist
Member # 265

Member Rated:
posted 10-29-2000 10:45 PM      Profile for TeeJay     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, same with my Jap Gold and Eng G/S carts

------------------
"I prefer to call it Smokin' Dope"- StarCaliber, when asked about his High School Smokey Hill

AIM: daBIGTom

From: Overland Park, Kansas, USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Moltres23
Farting Nudist
Member # 26

Member Rated:
posted 10-30-2000 04:56 AM      Profile for Moltres23   Email Moltres23   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, Gold kept Gligar, so this leads me to beleive that Donphan was moved to Silver due to the two extra ground types available. So now, Silver gets a Steel/Flying and a Ground, and Gold gets a Ground/Flying and a Normal. Much less redundant than Ground/Flying and Ground.

------------------
-Moltres23

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.