The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Hidden Power (Again!)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hidden Power (Again!)
Lugia -The Flying Fish
Farting Nudist
Member # 1044

Member Rated:
posted 10-25-2000 05:50 PM      Profile for Lugia -The Flying Fish   Author's Homepage   Email Lugia -The Flying Fish   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Okay peoples! I need an "In depth" explaination on Hidden Power...

Please use "Lamens Terms"...I get confused quickly.

Also, I just taught Arcanine Hidden Power, and I think its Ice Power, because it was "super effective" when used on a Geodude, and "Not very effective" when used on a Goldeen.

Here a few things I need to know...

What is an EASY way to tell what my Pokemon's "Hidden Power" is. I know it has something to do w/DVs, but I'm no good w/DVs.

Is there a shark code to get any "Power" of my choice. How would I modify my Arcanine's DVs to get "Grass Power"? I know this should go in the Sakki Tower, but I do not want to have to post 2 seperate posts.

Thanks in advance...

-L -TFF

P.S. I bet CFalcon or FlameBait would know the answer to my questions.

------------------
You might know me as Mew or MrTallgeese.

"My team may be cheap, but...shove it if you don't like it, k???" -PikaBlade

From: Pensacola, FL, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Lugia -The Flying Fish
Farting Nudist
Member # 1044

Member Rated:
posted 10-25-2000 08:30 PM      Profile for Lugia -The Flying Fish   Author's Homepage   Email Lugia -The Flying Fish   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Anyone??? Please...HELP me!!

Mana Lugia
Farting Nudist
Member # 905

Member Rated:
posted 10-25-2000 09:08 PM      Profile for Mana Lugia   Author's Homepage   Email Mana Lugia   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sorry, i don't even know what DV is!

but my dratini had a ground the first time and a fire the second time.???

------------------
Visit my site!

Http://www.geocities.com/manalugia/home.html

Noddy
Farting Nudist
Member # 877

Member Rated:
posted 10-25-2000 11:44 PM      Profile for Noddy   Email Noddy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think it varies.... but tends to be an attack type strong against your opponent.... If that helps.... Anyways I've decided that it's a great move, so why bother puzzleing over it if it happens to work like a charm? Just be happy ya have it!!! ^_^

------------------
..."For years, man has tried to pin down the mysterious creature that stomps clumsily along the very edges of our collective subconscious like a cross dresser trying out a new pair of slingback pumps"....

KeroKato
Farting Nudist
Member # 230

Member Rated:
posted 10-26-2000 12:32 AM      Profile for KeroKato   Author's Homepage   Email KeroKato   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think there's another post here that explains it. Just type it up in the Search.

------------------
Visit Reality's End, the Home Page of Phantasy and the R.E. League
I do not like thee, Doctor Fell
The reason why I cannot tell
But this I know and know full well:
I do not like thee Doctor Fell

From: I dunno, somewhere | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Pisces79
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 973

Rate Member
posted 10-26-2000 03:30 AM      Profile for Pisces79   Email Pisces79   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This site has a really good breakdown of the formula. They even put the letters u need for the genes next to each type. It's not lamens terms, but if u read carefully u should understand it. http://www.teampa.f2s.com/

------------------

From: Ann Arbor, MI, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tyranitar Titan
Farting Nudist
Member # 939

Rate Member
posted 10-26-2000 07:03 PM      Profile for Tyranitar Titan   Email Tyranitar Titan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, I don't know the prosess of finding DVs, so I'm stuck. I guess you might be able to give stat boosters one at a time until you find a move you like or something.

------------------
I might be able to breed the best pokemon in G/S.....

MACHAMP

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 10-30-2000 01:52 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Stat boosters won't have any affect. The type of move you get from Hidden Power is based on your genes/DVs, and so is fixed at the time the Pokemon is caught.

Also, I just taught Arcanine Hidden Power, and I think its Ice Power, because it was "super effective" when used on a Geodude, and "Not very effective" when used on a Goldeen.

It could also be Water or Steel.

------------------
"This is Canada speaking. Give us all your stuff, or we'll annihilate you."
-- Mike Bullard

Chloreon
Farting Nudist
Member # 945

Member Rated:
posted 10-30-2000 05:45 AM      Profile for Chloreon   Email Chloreon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I taught my Umbreon, Foxglove, Hidden Power and it turned out to be Psychic. I didn't cheat, it just turned out that way.

Do Hidden Powers have different strengths(e.g. Psychic type, power 80 or something)? If so, how do you figure out what strength it is?

------------------
Chloreon: A grass-type Eeveelution evolved with a Leaf Stone.
---------
P-p-p-p-pick up a penguin!

From: Birmingham, UK | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 10-31-2000 03:09 PM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The power is based on your Speed and Special genes, and the maximum is 70. A value of 'F' in both genes will give you 70 power, but I don't know the exact calculation off-hand...

------------------
"This is Canada speaking. Give us all your stuff, or we'll annihilate you."
-- Mike Bullard

Lugia -The Flying Fish
Farting Nudist
Member # 1044

Member Rated:
posted 10-31-2000 06:15 PM      Profile for Lugia -The Flying Fish   Author's Homepage   Email Lugia -The Flying Fish   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pisces79:
This site has a really good breakdown of the formula. They even put the letters u need for the genes next to each type. It's not lamens terms, but if u read carefully u should understand it. http://www.teampa.f2s.com/

I have that site...but I checked it over again, and they have a COOL Hidden Power calculator! You download the program, put your Pokemon's DVs into it, and it will tell you what "Power" you will have...

------------------
Pokemon Gold/Silver Gameshark Codes

The Poke Breeders
Coming Soon

Want to talk to me?
[ICQ] -96227422
[AIM] -LugiaTheFlyNFish

Kabutops
Farting Nudist
Member # 195

Rate Member
posted 11-03-2000 11:07 PM      Profile for Kabutops     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
so any pokemon can have any type of hidden power right? i taught it to 2 seperate eevees and one had it bug the other had it steel.

------------------

PikaBlade
I AM A GIRL
Member # 1039

Member Rated:
posted 11-04-2000 08:27 AM      Profile for PikaBlade   Author's Homepage   Email PikaBlade   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In a nutshell yes. Evolve the bug power Eevee to Espeon, BTW. The Steel one, should be Vaporeon.

------------------
~I was long gone before I even came...~

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.