The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » A Treatise on the Value of Ditto

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A Treatise on the Value of Ditto
Datax
Farting Nudist
Member # 1064

Rate Member
posted 10-24-2000 05:53 PM      Profile for Datax   Email Datax   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
According to Meowth's Breeding page, when a pokemon is bred with Ditto, it takes on the Ditto's Defense and Special DV's. The Attack comes from the male or is random, and we do not know how the Speed and Hitpoints are generated.

Thus, a Ditto with max DV's in Special and Defense would make the holy grail that is a max pokemon easier to attain by a factor of 225. The theoretical average number of tries needed to catch such a ditto would be 255. By catching a Male pokemon with max Attack (15 tries, on average) and breeding it with this ditto would mean that a mere 225 Eggs would need incubating before a truly maxed pokemon hatched from one.

So, adding all these up, we can see that it would take only 525 tries to get a maxed pokemon (this is a pokemon with all five DV's at 15). Of course, it could only be done with breedable pokemon... more specifically, ones that can breed with Ditto. Thus, maxed Legendaries are still out of the reach of most pokemon players (the mortal ones, at least), but in a couple of weeks, it would be feasible to end up with a maxed pokemon.

Compared with the R/B/Y approach (namely, catch one, look at it, scream in anger, release it, and repeat ad nauseum), 525 tries is nothing. Before, we had to get all five DV's where we wanted them on one try... that's 15^5 tries on average, or 759,375 tries. That's almost 1500 times as many tries as with the Maxed Ditto approach. Granted, it takes a while to produce an egg, and it takes some more time to hatch it, but even this process can be somewhat accelerated by using a traded Ditto.

I'd love to hear comments... I'd prefer to run this theory by all you Azurians before I start trying to catch 225 dittoes.

-Datax

------------------

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 10-24-2000 06:06 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'll think about it later, but yes, it does seem to be helpful... I think better genes was an intentional side effect of permitting breeding.

------------------
-cfalcon

FIREBREATHER DICK wants to battle!

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Night
Farting Nudist
Member # 927

Rate Member
posted 10-25-2000 09:51 PM      Profile for Night     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

if i had the time to do it, yeah, it's be stupendous.. unfortunately, i have only time enough to catch 3 or 4 and take the one with the best stats...

*sigh*. the life of a college student...

-night

------------------
You take the blue pill and the story ends. You wake in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.
You take the red pill and you stay in Wonderland, and I show you just how deep the rabbit hole goes.

[This message has been edited by Night (edited 10-25-2000).]

Datax
Farting Nudist
Member # 1064

Rate Member
posted 10-26-2000 09:21 PM      Profile for Datax   Email Datax   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Night:

if i had the time to do it, yeah, it's be stupendous.. unfortunately, i have only time enough to catch 3 or 4 and take the one with the best stats...

*sigh*. the life of a college student...

Heh, word. Just interesting how much less time it'd take in G/S. Not suggesting anyone actually sit down and hatch 522 eggs.

-Datax

------------------

MuThaFaKo
Farting Nudist
Member # 907

Rate Member
posted 10-26-2000 09:48 PM      Profile for MuThaFaKo   Author's Homepage   Email MuThaFaKo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Plausible excuse for having at least one max stat Poke at a tourny when caught with one.. >=D

The line between obviously cheating and spending way too much time playing is blurred considerably now..

------------------
"Now who the f*ck is this muthaf*cka f*ckin with my muthaf*ckin money?!" - Big Baby Sweets

From: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.