The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Question on breeding...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question on breeding...
The Great Dreamer
Farting Nudist
Member # 117

Member Rated:
posted 10-13-2000 07:06 PM      Profile for The Great Dreamer   Email The Great Dreamer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Can TMs be bred to pokémon?
If they can, doesit have to be the same specie?

------------------
"The Great Dreamer Has Written..."
-Luis The Bard, The Great Dreamer-

From: Las Vegas were everyone uses Mimic & Metronome! | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jackdaw
Farting Nudist
Member # 118

Member Rated:
posted 10-14-2000 05:44 AM      Profile for Jackdaw   Author's Homepage   Email Jackdaw   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Last I checked, no. No, they can't.
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 10-14-2000 07:21 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes, as long as the baby (not its later evolutions) can learn the TM. For example, if you breed two Growlithes, the baby can inherit Fire Blast. However, if you breed two Jolteons, the baby won't inherit Thunderbolt.

------------------
"This is Canada speaking. Give us all your stuff, or we'll annihilate you."
-- Mike Bullard

Crimzonite
Farting Nudist
Member # 307

Member Rated:
posted 10-14-2000 11:28 AM      Profile for Crimzonite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by White Cat:
Yes, as long as the baby (not its later evolutions) can learn the TM. For example, if you breed two Growlithes, the baby can inherit Fire Blast. However, if you breed two Jolteons, the baby won't inherit Thunderbolt.

That brings up a question. What about pre-evolutions that are only found in G/S? For example, let's say I wanted Body Slam on Hitmonlee, would Tyrogue learn it or not?

------------------

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 10-15-2000 05:02 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I doubt it, but it's possible...

------------------
"This is Canada speaking. Give us all your stuff, or we'll annihilate you."
-- Mike Bullard

The Great Dreamer
Farting Nudist
Member # 117

Member Rated:
posted 10-21-2000 07:54 PM      Profile for The Great Dreamer   Email The Great Dreamer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
2nd question on breeding...
If I hook my red gyrados up with a female gyrados and they shag and have a baby, how will the babies genes be?
Do gene quality have anything to do with breeding or are they random like when you encounter or get a pokémon?

------------------
"The Great Dreamer Has Written..."
-Luis The Bard, The Great Dreamer-

From: Las Vegas were everyone uses Mimic & Metronome! | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Land und Leute
HETEROSEXUAL
Member # 1040

Member Rated:
posted 10-21-2000 08:05 PM      Profile for Land und Leute   Email Land und Leute   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Great Dreamer:
2nd question on breeding...
If I hook my red gyrados up with a female gyrados and they shag and have a baby, how will the babies genes be?
Do gene quality have anything to do with breeding or are they random like when you encounter or get a pokémon?

I heard that the baby will always take on the genes of the mother.

By the way, it's said that when two different species are breeding, that baby has the potential of learning the father's attacks. How does this work?

------------------
Land und Leute - Land and People

Ask not what you can do for your Pokemon, but what your Pokemon can do for you. =P

Power Soul Rebirth
Farting Nudist
Member # 365

Member Rated:
posted 10-22-2000 05:23 AM      Profile for Power Soul Rebirth   Email Power Soul Rebirth   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If the baby always had the genes of the mother, that means it'd always be female... meaning I proved that wrong a few minutes ago. ^_^;;

Any other ideas?

------------------
Even at his most powerless, man's exsistance is never without meaning.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.