The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Fire vs. Flying; difference?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fire vs. Flying; difference?
-Link-
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 988

Rate Member
posted 10-10-2000 08:01 PM      Profile for -Link-   Author's Homepage   Email -Link-   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think that there aren’t too many substantial differences between fire and bird pokemon, and therefore if you want to have a good pokemon team you should only have one or the other on your team, and if absolutely necessary, a mix of fire and flying.

Fire pokemon are good against grass, insect, and ice pokemon. However, when it comes to a battle between fire and ice, fire pokemon usually lose, since there is the fact that most ice pokemon are also water pokemon. Fire is weak against water and rock attacks, and is weak when attacking dragon, fire, water, and rock pokemon.

Flying pokemon are strong against grass, bug, and fighting pokemon. Flying pokemon share the same characteristics as fire pokemon by being strong against grass and bug. These are types of pokemon that are fairly typical in the game. Flying pokemon are weak against electric, rock, and ice attacks, they are also weak when attacking electric and rock pokemon.

The similarities in Fire and Flying are some what common and if you want to have a good pokemon team you shouldn’t have a fire and flying pokemon on the same team. But it probably isn’t wise to get a pokemon that is a mix of both because that means weaknesses between rock, water, and electric attacks. Those are some of the most common pokemon in the game and you’re almost guaranteed to come across a pokemon that knows a water or electric attacks in a battle. That makes pokemon like Charizard bad choices.

I’m not saying that fire or bird pokemon are bad cause I love ‘em both, but just be wise when choosing your team.

------------------
-Link-

From: Minnesota, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Cesar
Farting Nudist
Member # 529

Member Rated:
posted 10-10-2000 09:56 PM      Profile for Cesar   Email Cesar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Fire pokemon are good against grass, insect, and ice pokemon. However, when it comes to a battle between fire and ice, fire pokemon usually lose, since there is the fact that most ice pokemon are also water pokemon
Yes, but since fire is good against ice and bad against water, a fire attack to a water/ice pokemon would be neutral.

------------------
"I've been an apple for a day and I need a doctor right away!" Ash, after snorlax took a bite out of him.
"Hello...Mr. Middleton? Yes, your son is a total nutjob and probably should see a shrink, if not be confined to a loony bin... Hello? Hello?"- Mr.K talking about mlmiddleton
cesar@infinity.net

[This message has been edited by Cesar (edited 10-10-2000).]

From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.