The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » CH formula? Silver Pokemon locations?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CH formula? Silver Pokemon locations?
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 09-29-2000 03:32 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Can someone post the new critical hit formula in G/S, as well as how it's affected by Focus Energy/Pint Lens/etc? I'm pretty sure it was posted here at some point...

Also, does someone has a list of the locations for finding Pokemon (including the time of day) in Silver? The English TeamPA has a Gold list; will they be putting up a Silver one soon?

------------------
"We both fell into a Vileplume's head."
-- Tracey

Power Soul Rebirth
Farting Nudist
Member # 365

Member Rated:
posted 09-29-2000 10:30 PM      Profile for Power Soul Rebirth   Email Power Soul Rebirth   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
TPM has a list of the pkmn locations. They have a suprisingly good pokédex there.

------------------
Even at his most powerless, man's exsistance is never without meaning.

White Cat
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 10-02-2000 11:00 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I found the G/S critical hit info here.

To summarize, critical hits have nothing to do with Speed anymore. There are five CH values, each with a set probability:

0 -> 6.6%
1 -> 12.5%
2 -> 25%
3 -> 33%
4 -> 50%

To find your CH value, start from zero and then:

If Lucky Punch is equipped on Chansey (or Blissey?), add 2.
If Long Leek is equipped on Farfetch'd, add 2.
If Pint Lens is equipped on any Pokemon, add 1.
If the attack has a high CH rate (Razor Leaf, Karate Chop, etc.), add 2.
If Focus Energy is active, add 1.

Now take that total and get the critical hit rate from the above chart.

For example, if a Jolteon used Focus Energy and then Thunderbolt, the CH rate would be 1 -> 12.5%. If a Machamp equipped with Pint Lens used Focus Energy and then Cross Chop, it would be be 1 + 1 + 2 = 4 -> 50%.

------------------
"We both fell into a Vileplume's head."
-- Tracey

[This message has been edited by White Cat (edited 10-02-2000).]

Yavarice
Farting Nudist
Member # 420

Member Rated:
posted 10-02-2000 06:30 PM      Profile for Yavarice   Author's Homepage   Email Yavarice   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
an rby slash would almost always be critical, but gs data says its only 1 in 4

So the chances of getting CH are less than in r/b/y?

------------------
"There is no such thing as the Pika Cup"
- From the infinite wisdom of NoA.

KittyFox
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 339

Rate Member
posted 11-07-2000 11:00 AM      Profile for KittyFox   Email KittyFox   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Do you have a list of the attacks that have high crit hit rates like Karate Chop?

------------------
*> KittyFox <*

From: Ames, IA, USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Lugia -The Flying Fish
Farting Nudist
Member # 1044

Member Rated:
posted 11-07-2000 04:57 PM      Profile for Lugia -The Flying Fish   Author's Homepage   Email Lugia -The Flying Fish   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Attacks that hace a high CH rate...

Karate Chop/Razor Leaf/Crabhammer/Slash/Aeroblast/Cross Chop

------------------
Comparing Pokemon to GayBZ should be a crime punishable by death. -StarCaliber
AIM: LugiaTheFlyNFish
Pokemon G/S Gameshark Archive

From: Pensacola, FL, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
kelv
Farting Nudist
Member # 843

posted 11-07-2000 07:11 PM      Profile for kelv   Email kelv   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was wondering about that...

But anyways, this goes in Sakaki Tower, but what the hell...

If you sharked Chansey with Lucky Punch, Karate Chop, and Focus Energy, that would total up to 5, right? So how would you calculate critical then?

A silver list is the same as the gold list in terms of level and time of day, but you would just have to pair up pokémon (one goes in Gold, other in Silver). AFAIK, Meowth/Mankey are paired, Vulpix/Growlithe are paired, Phanpy/Teddiursa are paried, and Spinarak/Ledyba are paired.

------------------
"Knock knock"
"Who's there?"
"Someone who's too short to ring the doorbell."

necrosaro
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1056

Member Rated:
posted 11-29-2000 10:28 AM      Profile for necrosaro   Author's Homepage   Email necrosaro   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kelv:
I was wondering about that...

A silver list is the same as the gold list in terms of level and time of day, but you would just have to pair up pokémon (one goes in Gold, other in Silver). AFAIK, Meowth/Mankey are paired, Vulpix/Growlithe are paired, Phanpy/Teddiursa are paried, and Spinarak/Ledyba are paired.

That's not entirely true. In some cases of switches the level as well as the pokemon differ, and if a pokemon differs in one case it may not be different in all cases. I have both gold and silver battle lists up at my site http://members.aol.com/sabindude/pokemon.html - interesting that a Mantine only appears by fishing in a certain place in the Gold version. Is there any other way to get a Mantine (i haven't found one myself)?

spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 11-29-2000 02:53 PM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
sweet! you updated your list a lot. still got some funky numbers, tho, instead of legible locations. i'll have to update my link to your site now... =)

------------------
www.myplanet.net/weaselgrip/spunman

kelv
Farting Nudist
Member # 843

posted 11-29-2000 06:56 PM      Profile for kelv   Email kelv   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mantine can be found SURFING near the whirl islands. I checked your stuff and there are no fishing lists.

Speaking of fishing lists, can anyone give me the list for Celadon and Cycling Road?

------------------
Remember, lest we forget... today is rememberance day
kelv, November 11, 2000

Jolteon X
I put my finger up Dweedle's butt and then in my mouth
Member # 284

Member Rated:
posted 11-30-2000 04:32 PM      Profile for Jolteon X   Email Jolteon X   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is there any other way to get a Mantine (i haven't found one myself)?

Yeah, you have about an 8% chance of catching one while surfing near the Whirl islands entrances. Thats where I got mine.

------------------
X used END POST.

-PokeSaiyan on PBS/AGNP-

From: Heck: The hell of minor sins | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Manuel Calavera
Sock Lover
Member # 1202

Member Rated:
posted 12-02-2000 07:07 AM      Profile for Manuel Calavera     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If the CH number was 5, I think that would make it roughly 755. NICE.

------------------

From: Newcastle, Home of Geordies, Brown Ale and The Wildhearts | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 12-07-2000 01:47 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Necrosaro has a full list (including fishing) for both versions, but you have to figure out what area is what.

Edit: Whoops, I just checked and he has the names of the locations listed now.

------------------
"I like to do politics with people from the East. Joe Clark and Stockwell Day are from Alberta. They are a different type. I'm joking. I'm serious. Uh..."
-- Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chrétien

[This message has been edited by White Cat (edited 12-07-2000).]

spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 12-07-2000 03:49 AM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
<tangent>white cat, do you have a button for your site?</tangent>

yeah, i noticed that, too.

he's also got actual numbers in the 'dex pertaining to breeding! no more questions!

and hopefully no more masturbating pokéys... now they'll get it on!

------------------
i am the sandshrew! cu-cu-kachoo!
www.myplanet.net/weaselgrip/spunman
look, i'm a kiwi! (i'm in denial now... humor me...)

pokeguy
Farting Nudist
Member # 639

Rate Member
posted 12-16-2000 11:56 AM      Profile for pokeguy   Email pokeguy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
About the sharked Chansey, the max critical hit ratio for any poke is 50%, so even if you used all of those CH modifiers it would still be only a 50% chance of getting a critical. Got this off of TeamPA's attack list. (near the beginning)

------------------
Error? What error? Pfft. I am Pokeguy. I am incapable of error.

Jared0169
Farting Nudist
Member # 1081

Member Rated:
posted 01-20-2001 08:54 AM      Profile for Jared0169   Email Jared0169   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kelv:
Speaking of fishing lists, can anyone give me the list for Celadon and Cycling Road?

Well, I don't know about Cycling Road, because all that I got there was a big wad of nothing, but in Celadon, all that I can get is, get this, Grimer, who'd have ever thought that you could get Grimer by fishing?

------------------
The poster formerly known as Mew72584
Email:jared_van_ausdal@hotmail.com
AIM: Jared0169

From: Beavercreek, Ohio, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
kelv
Farting Nudist
Member # 843

posted 01-20-2001 10:41 PM      Profile for kelv   Email kelv   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What levels? The same 10/20/40?

------------------
Coming Soon... The Pokémon Hotline Server...

hotline://24.65.195.141

Sneak preview available now! Grand Opening next week. (Open Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Weekends from 4:30 PM MST to 10:00 PM MST)

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 01-23-2001 07:42 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just for the record:

This makes Focus Energy in Gold and Silver a Bad Deal. Playable during Stadium's reign, it's gone now. You don't spend a move for a precious few more percentage points on a CH. You will pretty much never come out ahead on this deal...

Something I forgot: does it still ignore modifierd (Amnesia, Sword's Dance, Harden) in the metallics?

------------------
-cfalcon

"THIS IS NO GAME. MY ASS IS ON THE LINE!"
-Samurai Goroh, reminding the readers of the Super Famicom F-Zero instruction book that Japanese games are cooler than American ones

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 01-24-2001 05:59 AM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Skimming these threads without reading spoilers is an art...

spunman: white cat, do you have a button for your site?

Anyway, Azure has a krappy little button somewhere...I tried to animate the puffy clouds behind the thing, but it was too much work. It actually looked cool, but I couldn't get it to make it loop indefinitely without fading out, which is a copout.

Anyway, here it is:

Well...what did you expect...friggin' Picasso?!?

------------------
Unless you're nude, your laundry isn't done.

[This message has been edited by Mr. K (edited 01-24-2001).]

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Continue
Farting Nudist
Member # 31

Member Rated:
posted 01-24-2001 12:55 PM      Profile for Continue   Email Continue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cfalcon:
Just for the record:

This makes Focus Energy in Gold and Silver a Bad Deal. Playable during Stadium's reign, it's gone now. You don't spend a move for a precious few more percentage points on a CH. You will pretty much never come out ahead on this deal...

Something I forgot: does it still ignore modifierd (Amnesia, Sword's Dance, Harden) in the metallics?

It would probably be best if you knew about what Focus Energy and CHs do in G/S before pronouncing it a waste to get those extra few percentage points to achieve a Critical Hit.

CHs are far more powerful in G/S than they were in R/B/Y, hence those few extra percentage points to get it are important.

In G/S, CHs no longer ignore all stats modifiers. Modifiers that lower the appropriate attack rating are ignored, as are modifiers that raise the appropriate defense stat (no cases with a mix of attack raising and lowering moves have been tested, that I've directly heard about). Modifiers that will increase the appropriate attack stat, or decrease the appropriate defense stat are applied.

A Swords Dance influenced Slash will now do much more damage when it CHs.

You also have to take into account Baton Pass for what CHs will do now. Stat alterations aren't the only thing that is passed on through it. The effects of several other moves are as well, Focus Energy being one of them.

BTW, check AGNP (via whatever means you would use to get info off of newsgroups) if you want to know what Baton Pass is fully capable of doing.

From: Boca Raton, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.