The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Is Struggle typeless?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is Struggle typeless?
kelv
Farting Nudist
Member # 843

posted 09-28-2000 08:27 PM      Profile for kelv   Email kelv   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Since I read in an earlier post that Struggle affects ghosts, does Struggle do 50% against Rock? If so, I was thinking that perhaps Struggle is typeless and that because there is no typeless designation in Pokémon, it just reads Normal.

------------------
"Knock knock"
"Who's there?"
"Someone who's too short to ring the doorbell."

Atma
Farting Nudist
Member # 689

Member Rated:
posted 09-28-2000 08:58 PM      Profile for Atma   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As I posted in my other post, it ignores all type effects, both ghost's immunity and rock's resistance.

...but game programmers could make a 16th (or 18th) type, call it "normal", and have it be *1 against all types.

------------------
"My name is Atma...
I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.
Forgotten in the river of time...
I've had an eternity to ponder the meaning of things...
And now I have an answer..."

From: Cinnabar Isle, Long Island, NY | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
kelv
Farting Nudist
Member # 843

posted 09-28-2000 10:19 PM      Profile for kelv   Email kelv   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is it just like the damage from confusion in the fact that whatever the BDF say is what it does, or does it have actual variability?

What kind of color is Jhoto?

------------------
"Knock knock"
"Who's there?"

Eaichu250
Farting Nudist
Member # 826

Member Rated:
posted 09-30-2000 01:59 PM      Profile for Eaichu250   Email Eaichu250   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It is typeless almost but it reads as normal it effects ghost and rock for all of struggles power

------------------
"The World will end on October 26th year 2000!" - Z-Science

From: Perth Amboy, NJ | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
CHaRiZaRd
Farting Nudist
Member # 994

Member Rated:
posted 10-09-2000 09:59 PM      Profile for CHaRiZaRd   Author's Homepage   Email CHaRiZaRd   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't say it's typeless. I fought a rhydon and i hit it w/ struggle... "It's not very effective..."
It's got.....limitations...thats it
------------------
" Jessie and James don't need the opposite sex 'cuz they got each other!" -- Meowth

[This message has been edited by CHaRiZaRd (edited 10-09-2000).]

Lunair
Farting Nudist
Member # 681

Member Rated:
posted 10-10-2000 08:38 PM      Profile for Lunair     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hoo boy, looks like some people didn't look at the relevent pages before posting their remarkable 'breakthrough'...

Struggle is not typeless, guys! There's a handy feature of this site, and it is that Azure Heights is first and foremost a compilation of data. This means that it has a lot of data on moves you wouldn't even think they'd test; the people at Azure Heights are very thorough. Now - you can look at the Normal Attack Type Comparisons page, where it gives comparisons on all damaging normal-type attacking moves. You could also look in the 'Attacks' section, under 'S,' and click on the link to the 'Struggle' page.

If you don't want to waste your valuable mortality doing that, I've done so for your comfort. This is what it says:

'Struggle causes damage. Your Pokémon also receives damage, equal to 25% of the damage done to the enemy.

Because it is a Normal type attack, it cannot affect Ghost Pokémon.'

Being a Normal type attack also has other ramifications - such as Struggle doing 1/2 damage to Rock-type monsters, (as CHaRiZaRd has already pointed out), and will probably only do 1/2 damage to Steel types when Gold/Silver comes out in a few days.

As Mr. K says, the forums are not the main site! The main site is at www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/ or www.azureheights.com (which sends you directly to the first URL). The forums were just an add-on to the original site, in order let the general pokémad populace join the hunt in finding bugs.

------------------
'Yes, I passed your message onto Mr. Zarniwoop, but I'm afraid he's too cool to see you right now.'
-The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

From: United Union of Onions | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
kelv
Farting Nudist
Member # 843

posted 10-10-2000 11:37 PM      Profile for kelv   Email kelv   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, it seems you haven't read the forum's complaints department. Among one post was one about how one person, I forget who, finding that Struggle did affect ghosts and it did ignore Rock's resistance.

And Lunair, parts of the main site haven't been updated for ages, as pointed out by the webmasters of this site, so stop thinking that the main pages are everything here and the forum is a little addon. In fact, I think that the forum is where changes in the site are first made. Take some time and actually read the forum.

On an unrelated note, today's my birthday.

------------------
"Knock knock"
"Who's there?"

necrosaro
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1056

Member Rated:
posted 10-17-2000 06:20 PM      Profile for necrosaro   Author's Homepage   Email necrosaro   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Actually, in the ROM there are several "NORMAL" type definitions in the G/B/Y ROM, and also the "BIRD" type definition that shows up on the MISSINGNO. that you can find while surfing on the coast. It may be that Struggle is one of these separate "NORMAL" types.
Actually, if this is true, that would be a neat trick to Shark in competition. Think about having your NORMAL pokemon be fine against all attacks that are normally super-effective on NORMAL

------------------

Mr.E
Farting Nudist
Member # 696

Member Rated:
posted 10-17-2000 09:58 PM      Profile for Mr.E     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
From what I've seen, Struggle gives you 50% recoil...and it is Normal-Typed...

------------------
I AM A GOLDEN GOD!

From: Munchkin Land, Oz | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 10-18-2000 01:00 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ok, we should go ahead and talk about which data comes from the gameboy games (R/B/Y) and which, if any, comes from Stadium, which has different rules in many places.

Azure tends to be from the Gameboy games, with special caveats made for certain moves in Stadium that are different. Struggle may be one of these...

------------------
-cfalcon

Infinite copies of this message also available through type BIRD.

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.