The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Old badges in G/S

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Old badges in G/S
Crimzonite
Farting Nudist
Member # 307

Member Rated:
posted 07-26-2000 03:15 AM      Profile for Crimzonite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Has anyone checked to see if the old badges have any effect on game play in G/S? I wouldn't be surprised if their only purpose is to gather them so you can battle Red. You don't even see them on the badge screen, and that suggests to me that they aren't that important. And a lot of web sites are confusing me. I can't tell if the old Gym Leaders are giving out the same badges or completly different ones. o_O;;

------------------

Gloomboy
Farting Nudist
Member # 462

Member Rated:
posted 07-26-2000 10:45 AM      Profile for Gloomboy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nope,the old badges are still given out,and
from what I can tell,they have no effect on
the game - the new badges take their place.
Beh,I was hoping that the other old gym
leaders gave you TMs,not just Aya and Erika.

------------------
* GLOOMBOY: The Vileplume Trainer *

AMY: "You gave up being study buddies for THIS?"
Sailor Moon S: "Dangerous Driving"

From: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Arcanine
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 722

Rate Member
posted 07-26-2000 02:12 PM      Profile for Arcanine   Email Arcanine   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yeah its a shame lt. surge and and blaine don't give u TMs

------------------
MY LIFE IS OVER WHEN I DIE>BUT NOT WHEN I'M DEAD

Wizzymoto
Farting Nudist
Member # 60

Member Rated:
posted 07-26-2000 02:19 PM      Profile for Wizzymoto   Email Wizzymoto   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So the New badges still have the old 9\8 stat effect, but the old badges form the old world do jack all??

------------------
"You know everybody always talks about how a guy will just wake up on day, look in the mirror, and wonder how he got there.. But then, who says we have to wake up to begin with?"

From: Irvine, CA, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Givera
Farting Nudist
Member # 234

Member Rated:
posted 07-26-2000 04:58 PM      Profile for Givera   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wizzymoto:
So the New badges still have the old 9\8 stat effect, but the old badges form the old world do jack all??

They let you battle Ash (IIRC)...
-Givera

------------------
"I expect to see [Darryn] and Givera made Azurians when GS is released in English" -Ancient-Egyptian Cat-Gonk

Crimzonite
Farting Nudist
Member # 307

Member Rated:
posted 07-30-2000 06:28 AM      Profile for Crimzonite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gloomboy:
Nope,the old badges are still given out,and
from what I can tell,they have no effect on
the game - the new badges take their place.
Beh,I was hoping that the other old gym
leaders gave you TMs,not just Aya and Erika.

The Fuschia Gym Leader isn't Aya. I found a film comic of the Fuschia Gym battle and according to the katakana in that, the dub kept her original name. Therefore it's not Aya, because the Fuschia Gym Leader's name is "Anzu". The only way NoA would name her Aya is if they screwed up and thought it was Aya.

------------------

Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 07-30-2000 11:19 PM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crimzonite:
Therefore it's not Aya, because the Fuschia Gym Leader's name is "Anzu".

Finally! I've argued with so many people who INSIST that it's without a doubt Koga's sister! I'm glad to finally see someone else who's found out that it in fact isn't!

--Meowth346

------------------
Researcher in charge of Pokémon Forever, a compilation of about 1/1000th of my work.

Blastoiseu
Farting Nudist
Member # 100

Member Rated:
posted 07-31-2000 11:40 AM      Profile for Blastoiseu     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Isn't the girl from the show? you know the one with the venonat?

~Blastoiseu

------------------
BLASTOISE RULES!!!!!!

Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 08-01-2000 08:53 PM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Blastoiseu:
Isn't the girl from the show? you know the one with the venonat?

Crimzonite's "film comic" is, I'm sure, a comic book with pictures from the cartoon. It's like in Nintendo Power with their Pokémon comics...they're pictures taken straight from the cartoon, with dialouge bubbles added.

--Meowth346

------------------
Researcher in charge of Pokémon Forever, a compilation of about 1/1000th of my work.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.