The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Just a quick question...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Just a quick question...
Lunair
Farting Nudist
Member # 681

Member Rated:
posted 07-23-2000 01:53 PM      Profile for Lunair     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Awright - I've read about Awakening Power, and all I know is from darryn: awakening power depends on the pokemon using it, and if it has max special dv, it'll be a dark attack with 70 power. That leads me to believe that it'll be a different dv for the special stats, it will be a different element, but still 70 power. Or will there be a different attack power as well as different element?

Maybe this wasn't so quick... but in any case, can anyone help?

------------------
'Geez!'

From: United Union of Onions | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Givera
Farting Nudist
Member # 234

Member Rated:
posted 07-23-2000 06:25 PM      Profile for Givera   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
BTW - Each of those moves Darryn posted will have a power of 70...
-Givera

------------------
"I expect to see [Darryn] and Givera made Azurians when GS is released in English" -Ancient-Egyptian Cat-Gonk

Theophlosion
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 678

Rate Member
posted 07-23-2000 09:36 PM      Profile for Theophlosion     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
...which would imply (though I'm probably stating the obvious here) that the first two DVs determine the type, and the second two the power?

No obvious connection of the types to the hex codes, though... at least, not based on the order the manuals put the types in. *derisive snort* Anyone got a copy of the Hex codes corresponding to types in G/S handy? I can't find it on Meowth346's page....

------------------
<*> Theo (aka tjm, aka Thomas)

From: London, England | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Givera
Farting Nudist
Member # 234

Member Rated:
posted 07-23-2000 10:43 PM      Profile for Givera   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If you REALLY want to know how Type and Power are determined... here it is...

As far as I can tell the formula for power is:

int((Ax5+B)÷2) +31

Where A = the MSB of each gene (Max 15)
And B = The Special Gene AND 03 (Max 03)

As for type... I'm afraid I cann't say at the moment... I cann't find my info on it at the moment...
-Givera

------------------
"I expect to see [Darryn] and Givera made Azurians when GS is released in English" -Ancient-Egyptian Cat-Gonk

Givera
Farting Nudist
Member # 234

Member Rated:
posted 07-23-2000 10:48 PM      Profile for Givera   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh yes here it is...
Type is determined by the attack and defense genes...
More specifically the 2 LSB of each...
(I.E. The attack and defense gene share a byte expressed as "abcd efgh" and the type "gene" is "cdgh")

Now if the value is 0-5 then there's no change
If 6-8 it gets +1
And 9 and up it gets +11

If you look up the gameshark codes for G/S you'll see 0 is normal, 1 is flying (IIRC), and so on...
-Givera

------------------

Theophlosion
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 678

Rate Member
posted 07-24-2000 06:26 PM      Profile for Theophlosion     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MSB/LSB are presumably "Most significant bits" and "least significant bits"... that is, the first four bits (in binary), and the last four bits (in binary), respectively....

Nice... it has the potential to be a very useful TM. A medium-power move, of any type, on any Pokemon... especially nice for surprise value. Assuming you have the patience to hunt for one with exactly the right genes, that is...

Hassamu with a power 70 water move to balance that annoying double weakness to fire, for instance...

------------------
<*> Theo (aka tjm, aka Thomas)

From: London, England | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.