next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Exp

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exp
mysterious stranger
Farting Nudist
Member # 651

Rate Member
posted 07-18-2000 02:49 PM      Profile for mysterious stranger   Email mysterious stranger   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No, Not ESP, but experience.
I believe the number of experience points is based on the number of HP of the enemy pokemon.
Can somebody confirm this?

------------------

From: British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Atma
Farting Nudist
Member # 689

Member Rated:
posted 07-18-2000 07:54 PM      Profile for Atma   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's based on the enemy pokemon's species and level... Rattata and Pidgey, for example, give a little under 8 exp per level... beat a level 50 Rattata and you'd get a little under 400 Exp... beat a level 100 Pidgey and you'd get a little under 800. Obviously, stronger pokemon give more exp per level (If I remember correctly, the legendary birds give about 3000 at level 50, that's 60 points per level). But for any specific pokemon (say Rattata) Exp is linear -- defeating two level 50 pokemon would give the same exp as one level 100 pokemon (well, nearly identical, it might be off a point or two from rounding.)

------------------

From: Cinnabar Isle, Long Island, NY | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk
Happy Good Times Fortune Happiness Happity Hocks Cat-Gonk Happifier
Member # 14

Member Rated:
posted 07-19-2000 03:55 AM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's based on stats and level, like Atma said.

I'm sure that Juurokugo posted a list on AGNP of how much EXP is gained by defeating certain opponents. It's a decimal multiplied by level. Thing is, I doubt that it's been put on this page.

If you want to find it, it should be on Deja somewhere.

------------------
t-gk: NvêVasTrR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
D !iv n GdDsh?
------
@iM: CatGonk
!r: Tourmaline
------
tH3 Ktt l1Ttr )(
--[ http://catgonk.cjb.net ]--
------

From: Perth, Western Australia. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 07-20-2000 04:18 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I originally assumed that exp was based on HP as well, since I got so much of it when battling Chanseys and Rhydons in the Unknown Dungeon.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokmon Laboratory

2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.