The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Poison question not answered by lab...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Poison question not answered by lab...
The Great Dreamer
Farting Nudist
Member # 117

Member Rated:
posted 07-15-2000 12:58 AM      Profile for The Great Dreamer   Email The Great Dreamer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If you switch to a poisoned pokémon, does it suffer poison damage at the end of the turn?
Ex:
I switch to my poisoned rat, does my rat take poison damage before is my opponent's turn?

------------------
"The Great Dreamer Has Written..."
-Luis The Bard, The Great Dreamer-

From: Las Vegas were everyone uses Mimic & Metronome! | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Elian
Farting Nudist
Member # 486

Member Rated:
posted 07-15-2000 02:06 AM      Profile for Elian   Author's Homepage   Email Elian   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
im pretty sure that it does still take the damage

------------------
"The weak don't deserve to take advantage of nataku's strength!"
- Chang Wufei

www.FrostCave.com
The FrostCave online RPG

Netbrian
Farting Nudist
Member # 482

Member Rated:
posted 07-15-2000 10:03 PM      Profile for Netbrian   Author's Homepage   Email Netbrian   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm nearly certain that is true for the GB game, and pretty sure for Stadium.

------------------

From: Gresham, Oregon, USA | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
articool
Farting Nudist
Member # 65

Member Rated:
posted 07-16-2000 10:17 PM      Profile for articool   Email articool   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Great Dreamer:
If you switch to a poisoned pokémon, does it suffer poison damage at the end of the turn?
Ex:
I switch to my poisoned rat, does my rat take poison damage before is my opponent's turn?

Would the rat happen to be pikachu?

------------------
He who's sig just declared to the world that it would be the greatest Pokémon master of all time.

From: Needham, MA, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Great Dreamer
Farting Nudist
Member # 117

Member Rated:
posted 07-17-2000 09:42 PM      Profile for The Great Dreamer   Email The Great Dreamer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow, no one knows for sure...I though it was a simple question and I'm getting answers left and right...!!!

------------------

From: Las Vegas were everyone uses Mimic & Metronome! | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 07-17-2000 09:55 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am pretty sure it only happens after the poisoned Pokemon attacks, so constant switching would allow you to escape Poisoning damage.

As the Poison page says:

quote:
Each time the poisoned Pokémon attacks, it will lose 1/16th of its maximum HP immediately following the attack, unless the opponent faints as a result of that attack.

------------------
"Rarely is the question asked: 'Is our children learning?'."
- George W. Bush

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 07-17-2000 10:00 PM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just tested it, and on the Gameboy you do take Poison damage when switching in. I'm not sure about Stadium, though.
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 07-17-2000 10:06 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hmph. Well, there you go.

------------------
"Rarely is the question asked: 'Is our children learning?'."
- George W. Bush

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Great Dreamer
Farting Nudist
Member # 117

Member Rated:
posted 07-18-2000 12:47 AM      Profile for The Great Dreamer   Email The Great Dreamer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You do!? YES!!!!!!!
*Goes to evil strategy lab to spawn evil tactics using poison*
I knew it had a use, I knew it had a use!
*Starts unlocking Poison's potential*
Thank you...

------------------

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.