The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » GS Questions.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: GS Questions.
Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk
Happy Good Times Fortune Happiness Happity Hocks Cat-Gonk Happifier
Member # 14

Member Rated:
posted 07-11-2000 09:20 PM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
#1. What's the deal with the CH formula in GS? I remember Givera making a post about it, but I don't think it was resolved.

#2. Is there a list of equippable items someone can post? Pokemon Daily doesn't want to run on my browser.

#3. Am I correct in saying that the following attacks deal this much damage per turn.
Poison = 1/16 HP
Sandstorm = 1/8 HP
Caltrops = 1/8 HP
Wrap/Bind/Fire Spin/Clamp/etc = 1/16 HP
Leech Seed = 1/16 HP
Curse/Nightmare = 1/4 HP

#4. Can Curse and Nightmare be used on the same Pokemon?

#5. Are CH-increasers (FE, Pint Lens, Chansey, high CH attacks) cumulative?

#6. Has anyone followed up my research/question on the difference between Defense and Abandon? If there was a result, could someone remind me of it?

------------------
t-gk: NvêVasTrR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
D !iv n GdDsh?

@iM: CatGonk

tH3 Ktt l1Ttr )(
--[ http://catgonk.cjb.net ]--

From: Perth, Western Australia. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jackdaw
Farting Nudist
Member # 118

Member Rated:
posted 07-12-2000 07:14 AM      Profile for Jackdaw   Author's Homepage   Email Jackdaw   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
1: don't know
2: I can get the list for my web site
3: everything seems right, but Poke Daily says that poison does 1/8th, and Toxic does teh base 1/16th
4: don't really know, i'd guess so
5: Chansy increases the chance of CH? Really? When I first read that, I thought some idiot newbie was posting it, but you said it. I have never heard of that before.
From what I've heard, there no longer are high CH attacks, but some say there still is. I don't know...
6: I'd suppose that Defense and Abandon are identical. Just like a Harden/Withdraw thing. It just matters the pokemon.

But now I have a question: if you have both Defense and Abandon, can you alternate between the two and not get that decreased chance of succusion.
I'm not even sure if you can get both...

------------------
"Yeah, Moe, that team sure did suck last night. They just plain sucked. I've seen teams suck before, but they were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked." -Homer
"And here are a thousand monkeys on a thousand typewriters. Soon, they will have written the greatest novel ever known to man! Let's see... 'It was the best of times, it was the blurst of times'! You stupid monkey!" -Mr. Burns
The Venom Forest

Peelium
Farting Nudist
Member # 406

Member Rated:
posted 07-13-2000 04:08 PM      Profile for Peelium   Email Peelium   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A couple more for you, breeding this time:

1: When you have, for example, a Male TobyBro and Ditto, and breed them, does the child have a chance of just learning Surf, Amnesia, T-wave, Rest and the moves it would normally have at that level, or can it learn other SlowBro moves, like Withdraw or Psychic?

I ask this because I have a potentially cunning plan

I have heard that you can delete HMs in G/S (and I'm assuming you are left with a blank slot after doing it), so if I wanted to teach, for example, baby Slowpoke Amnesia, I could teach SlowBro Surf, Strength, Flash and Amnesia, and delete the three HMs. This would give it a better chance of learning it at birth.

I know it seems a little farfetched, but it's surely worth a try.

(I'm not expecting much, too many things could be wrong)

2: If you have a male Ditto, and some other female pokemon, could the child learn transform?

I don't expect so, but it would be interesting if you could teach it to a Chansey, who could Transform into a fully amnesiaed Mewtwo, and have Mewtwo's high stats with its own very high HP.

This would be best done in R/B/Y, if against Mewtwo, as he is not as good in G/S, or with some other very good pokemon in G/S

Well, just asking.

------------------
I intend to live forever. So far so good.

[This message has been edited by Peelium (edited 07-13-2000).]

From: Edinburgh, UK | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 07-13-2000 05:54 PM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
have heard that you can delete HMs in G/S (and I'm assuming you are left with a blank slot after doing it), so if I wanted to teach, for example, baby Slowpoke Amnesia, I could teach SlowBro Surf, Strength, Flash and Amnesia, and delete the three HMs. This would give it a better chance of learning it at birth.

You can delete non-HM moves as well.

2: If you have a male Ditto, and some other female pokemon, could the child learn transform?

No, because Dittos don't have a gender.

I'm wondering if breeding a female and a Ditto would give the baby the mother's attacks or not...

If I understand Meowth346's breeding guide right, higher stats in the parents increase the chance of getting higher stats in the baby. So if I bred a Ditto with a max Attack, would the baby would be more likely to be male, while a Ditto with a minimum Attack would be more likely to produce a female? I was thinking of having both of those Dittos (named Adam and Eve) to use in case I wanted a baby of a certain gender.

Member # 14

Member Rated:
posted 07-13-2000 09:16 PM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Darryn:
3. Right, except Poison and Leech seed, which are both 1/8th

Odd, I tested it and it came up with 1/16, just like RBY.

And by the list of items, I meant a list of what they do, not who you can get them off.

------------------
D !iv n GdDsh?

tH3 Ktt l1Ttr )(

Member # 14

Member Rated:
posted 07-13-2000 09:18 PM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jackdaw:
3: everything seems right, but Poke Daily says that poison does 1/8th, and Toxic does teh base 1/16th

Hmm, that might have been due to me testing it against Koga's Muk.

------------------
D !iv n GdDsh?

tH3 Ktt l1Ttr )(

Wizzymoto
Farting Nudist
Member # 60

Member Rated:
posted 07-14-2000 06:41 PM      Profile for Wizzymoto   Email Wizzymoto   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I thought clamp etc. dealt its damage then an automatic 1/16th.

------------------
Me-You found that hat in a garbage can didn't you?

My Cheap friend-No, I found it on the street.

Me-Yeah, in a garbage can/

From: Irvine, CA, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 07-17-2000 10:14 PM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That is correct, Wizzymoto.
Jackdaw
Farting Nudist
Member # 118

Member Rated:
posted 07-18-2000 07:09 AM      Profile for Jackdaw   Author's Homepage   Email Jackdaw   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have another question, but I can't remember if I already asked it or not. It doesn't seem so:

Can you use Wrap/Clamp/Firespin/Whirlpool/etc. on top of each other? Like, If I had a Tentacruel, could I have it use Wrap, and the next turn Whirlpool, so the damage would pile up?

Givera
Farting Nudist
Member # 234

Member Rated:
posted 07-18-2000 11:23 PM      Profile for Givera   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've been "grounded" from the computer for the past... several weeks... that's why I haven't made any posts recently...

I *DID* finish the CH stuff and it is from TeamPA... I don't seem to remember where though...

It's located at http://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/tuff/Forum1/HTML/000249.html

*sigh* back to being grounded (I'm supposed to be looking up recipes ^_^ ... don't tell my mom ...)

-Givera

------------------
"I expect to see [Darryn] and Givera made Azurians when GS is released in English" -Ancient-Egyptian Cat-Gonk

Dante
Farting Nudist
Member # 746

Member Rated:
posted 08-08-2000 11:07 AM      Profile for Dante   Author's Homepage   Email Dante   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Anyone got a good GS item list anywhere?
The one above didn't work...

------------------
"Pinkle, squirmy, plip plap plop!" - Rimmer

From: UK, universe 10812 version 2 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Gloomboy
Farting Nudist
Member # 462

Member Rated:
posted 08-08-2000 12:06 PM      Profile for Gloomboy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Peelium:
A couple more for you, breeding this time:

1: When you have, for example, a Male TobyBro and Ditto, and breed them, does the child have a chance of just learning Surf, Amnesia, T-wave, Rest and the moves it would normally have at that level, or can it learn other SlowBro moves, like Withdraw or Psychic?

It can't learn any moves that Slowpoke would
learn at later levels. Slowpoke won't have
Amnesia or Psychic when its born,but it might
have Thunder Wave and will have Surf,since
all HM-learned moves will transfer.

I have heard that you can delete HMs in G/S (and I'm assuming you are left with a blank slot after doing it), so if I wanted to teach, for example, baby Slowpoke Amnesia, I could teach SlowBro Surf, Strength, Flash and Amnesia, and delete the three HMs. This would give it a better chance of learning it at birth.

No,that won't work because Amnesia is already known naturally through training. However,you can teach other Pokemon Amnesia(like Meowth) and send them back to RBY.

Nope,Transform is not breedable and Ditto
is the sex daddy,so it's only used for cloning. Sorry to burst your bubble.

I don't expect so, but it would be interesting if you could teach it to a Chansey, who could Transform into a fully amnesiaed Mewtwo, and have Mewtwo's high stats with its own very high HP.

If you want Transform on another Poke,get a Gameshark and hack it onto there!

------------------
* GLOOMBOY: The Vileplume Trainer *

AMY: "You gave up being study buddies for THIS?"
Sailor Moon S: "Dangerous Driving"

From: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mattsaur
Farting Nudist
Member # 478

Rate Member
posted 08-08-2000 01:48 PM      Profile for Mattsaur     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It can't learn any moves that Slowpoke would
learn at later levels. Slowpoke won't have
Amnesia or Psychic when its born,but it might
have Thunder Wave and will have Surf,since
all HM-learned moves will transfer.

It WILL have psychic because all Compatible TMs get carried over It will have surf but not T-wave. Why because T-wave is not a Tm
Kay?

------------------
The preevolution of Bulbasaur that migrated from http://www.pokemasters.com because of newbie swamping
How do you get this stun stone off of me??

Prof. Dasugi
Farting Nudist
Member # 488

Rate Member
posted 08-09-2000 03:15 PM      Profile for Prof. Dasugi   Email Prof. Dasugi   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Isn't T-Wave a TM? It is in RBY, but probably not in G/S. Is Psychic a TM in G/S as well?

------------------
Prof. Dasugi
Huh? Eevee is evolving?
Eevee evolved into Eon!

What's an Eon?

White Cat
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 08-10-2000 04:01 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In G/S, Psychic is a TM, but Thunder Wave isn't. Here's a full list:

quote:

TM 01- Exploding Punch
TM 02- Headbutt
TM 03- Curse/Slow
TM 04- Roll
TM 05- Roar
TM 06- Toxic
TM 07- Electromagnetic Cannon
TM 08- Rock Smash
TM 09- Self Suggestion
TM 10- Awakening Power
TM 11- Clear Skies
TM 12- Sweet Fragrance
TM 13- Snore
TM 14- Blizzard
TM 15- Hyper Beam
TM 16- Freezing Wind
TM 17- Defense
TM 18- Pray for Rain
TM 19- Giga Drain
TM 20- Endure
TM 21- Anger
TM 22- Solar Beam
TM 23- Iron Tail
TM 24- Dragon's Breath
TM 25- Thunder
TM 26- Earthquake
TM 27- Happy Strike
TM 28- Dig
TM 29- Psychic
TM 30- Shadow Ball
TM 31- Mud Shard
TM 32- Double Team
TM 33- Ice Punch
TM 34- Boast/Swagger/Proud
TM 35- Sleepwalk
TM 36- Sludge Bomb
TM 37- Sandstorm
TM 38- Fire Blast
TM 39- Swift
TM 40- Defense Curl
TM 41- Thunderpunch
TM 42- Dream Eater
TM 43- Abandon
TM 44- Rest
TM 45- Mellow Mellow
TM 46- Theft
TM 47- Steel Wing
TM 48- Fire Punch
TM 49- Continuous Cut
TM 50- Nightmare

HM 01- Cut
HM 02- Fly
HM 03- Surf
HM 04- Strength
HM 05- Flash
HM 06- Whirlpool Remover
HM 07- Waterfall Climber

------------------
"You can't catch him. You can't train him. He's no Pocket Monster!"
-- Godzilla 2000 commercial

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokmon Laboratory

2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.