The Azure Heights Forum


Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Regarding G/S male/female randomness...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Regarding G/S male/female randomness...
Don
Farting Nudist
Member # 607

Rate Member
posted 07-09-2000 04:13 PM      Profile for Don     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Okay, I've heard that males have a higher DV for attack than females, so does that mean that the randomness of attack DVs has changed? Darryn has a gender guide at Pokémon Daily and it states that *picks a Pokémon at random* Abra has a 75% chance of being male and a 25% chance of being female. Does that mean that the chanses of getting a higher DV for attack is higher in some than others? This is crazy because it'll take forever to find a female Eevee with a DV of 7.

Sorry if this came out garbled because... well... there really is no excuse but... ah jeez, I'll shut up now.

------------------
*Insert horrendously long sig here*


From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
ZZTRaider
Farting Nudist
Member # 86

Member Rated:
posted 07-09-2000 04:24 PM      Profile for ZZTRaider   Email ZZTRaider   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I could be wrong, but I THINK what hapens is that it means out of the 16 DVs, 75% of them in that species will give a male, and the lower 25% gives a female.

00--01--02--03--04--05--06--07--08--09--10--11--12--13--14--15
|---female---------| |---------------male---------------------|

That should be about right if it displays correctly.

------------------
ZZTRaider
zztraider@hotmail.com
"Ya see, I have a great idea. Instead of printed VCR manuals, just put them on video tape so people can watch them on their VCR!"


From: A Long, Long Time Ago; In A Galaxy Far, Far Away | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Don
Farting Nudist
Member # 607

Rate Member
posted 07-09-2000 04:33 PM      Profile for Don     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was under the impression that it just meant that now there's a 3.125% chance of getting a female with the highest DV possible in this case since the 0-7 female thing applies to every Pokémon (or so I think).

------------------
*Insert horrendously long sig here*


From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 07-09-2000 09:22 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The genes (DVs) are random. Monsters with say, 50/50 ratios view half of all attack genes as male, the other half female (the lower half). Monsters with 25/75 male female rations only view the high 25% as male, etc.

So an eevee has to have 0 or 1 as an attack value to be female.

------------------
-cfalcon

"That's an awesome cape too, look, it's black and white!"
-pkthunder, on Lance's cape in the Gameboy version


From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Dark Annon
Farting Nudist
Member # 566

Rate Member
posted 07-10-2000 10:07 PM      Profile for Dark Annon   Email Dark Annon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You mean there's only a 12.5% chance of getting a female Eevee? And when you breed, say after you get that first Eevee early in the game, can't you just breed it to get as many Eevee as you want instead of paying so much for it?

------------------


Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 07-13-2000 06:14 PM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You can breed it with a Ditto, and the baby will be an Eevee.
From: Calgary | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Aron Figaro
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 461

Rate Member
posted 07-18-2000 07:44 AM      Profile for Aron Figaro   Email Aron Figaro   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, I don't know if it's the only one, but Vulpix has a 75/25 stat ratio from my observations: a female Vulpix with a 10 DV.

------------------
- In the name of Mercury, I fight for Love and Justice!
- If this is some cosmic joke I do not see what is so amusing! -Luna


From: Joeville, Nunavut, Canada | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged


All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:


Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem


The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.