The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » who invented the toby-bro slowbro???

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: who invented the toby-bro slowbro???
mewtwo's fortress
Farting Nudist
Member # 591

Member Rated:
posted 07-09-2000 12:22 PM      Profile for mewtwo's fortress     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
who invented the toby-bro slowbro because I heard it was invented at azure heights?>

------------------
Hibbert: Homer, I'm afraid you'll have to undergo a coronary bypass
operation.
Homer: Say it in English, Doc.
Hibbert: You're going to need open heart surgery.
Homer: Spare me your medical mumbo-jumbo.
Hibbert: We're going to cut you open and tinker with your ticker.
Homer: Could you dumb it down a shade?
-- "Homer's Triple Bypass"

Oh Doctor, I was in a wonderful place filled with fire and brimstone and
there were all guys in red pyjamas sticking pitchforks in my butt!
-- Homer recovers from a heart attack, "Homer's Triple Bypass"

From: the cold, dark depths of mewtwo's fortess | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
TeeJay
Farting Nudist
Member # 265

Member Rated:
posted 07-09-2000 12:47 PM      Profile for TeeJay     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes it was. Toby Martin a.k.a. Wintermute created it. I believe he didn't originally name it TobyBro, one of his friends did. Am I right?

------------------
"There WILL be poking!" -Me
"I like grapes!" -Anthrax

TeeJay
AIM: daBIGTom

From: Overland Park, Kansas, USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 07-09-2000 02:30 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, Wintermute "invented" the Tobybro, and, yes, he didn't name it after himself.

By the way, fortress, your sig is ridiculously long, so I blasted it.

You are welcome to use any short sig you like.

------------------
KOFFING!
Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Netbrian
Farting Nudist
Member # 482

Member Rated:
posted 07-09-2000 11:54 PM      Profile for Netbrian   Author's Homepage   Email Netbrian   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think Enter Your Name Here named it that... Wasn't the original name the "Humilator" or something?

Anyways, if someone names a moveset after you, I think it's a really cool honor and such... Much more respectable than naming it that to begin with.

Therefor, any Pikachu with the moveset "Thundershock, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Thunder Wave" WILL be named "NetChu". Any tournaments won with these must be followed with a small payment of $100 in royalties. You have five days. (j/k)

------------------

From: Gresham, Oregon, USA | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Vandergant
Farting Nudist
Member # 626

Member Rated:
posted 07-10-2000 12:38 AM      Profile for Vandergant     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

*punts Brian.*

------------------
"Holy crap, Vandergant, your a... a girl." --VaporeonsHaze

Jackdaw
Farting Nudist
Member # 118

Member Rated:
posted 07-10-2000 05:16 AM      Profile for Jackdaw   Author's Homepage   Email Jackdaw   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Netbrian:
Therefor, any Pikachu with the moveset "Thundershock, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Thunder Wave" WILL be named "NetChu".

You can't do that, it's already been named.
"Loser-Pikachu-with-Moveset-only-a-Pathetic-Newbie-could-Make-Up-and-Will-Lose-Every-Battle-Its-in"

------------------
"Yeah Moe, that team sure did suck last night. I mean, I've seen suck before, but they just plain sucked. They were the suckiest bunch of sucks to ever suck." -Homer
"And here are a thousand monkeys on a thousand typewriters. Soon, they will have written the greatest novel ever known to man! Let's see... 'It was the best of times, it was the blurst of times'! You stupid monkey!" -Mr. Burns
The Venom Forest

mewtwo's fortress
Farting Nudist
Member # 591

Member Rated:
posted 07-10-2000 01:46 PM      Profile for mewtwo's fortress     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hahahaha

------------------
Oh Doctor, I was in a wonderful place filled with fire and brimstone and
there were all guys in red pyjamas sticking pitchforks in my butt!
-- Homer recovers from a heart attack, "Homer's Triple Bypass"
"Yeah Moe, that team sure did suck last night. I mean, I've seen suck before, but they just
plain sucked. They were the suckiest bunch of sucks to ever suck. yeah i gotta go my damn weiner kids are listneing" -Homer

From: the cold, dark depths of mewtwo's fortess | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
mewtwo's fortress
Farting Nudist
Member # 591

Member Rated:
posted 07-10-2000 10:13 PM      Profile for mewtwo's fortress     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
thanks

------------------
From Jackdaws sig:
Homer: [on phone] Yeah, Moe, that team sure did suck last night.
They just plain sucked! I've seen teams suck before, but
they were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.
Marge: Homer! Watch your mouth!
Homer: Aw, I gotta go. My damn weiner kids are listening.

KeroKato
Farting Nudist
Member # 230

Member Rated:
posted 07-12-2000 09:58 PM      Profile for KeroKato   Author's Homepage   Email KeroKato   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Holy crap, Vandergant, your a... a girl!
Oh, wait, has that already been said. What I meant to say was...
Holy crap, Vandergant, your a... a girl!
Ah! Why don't people tell me these things! I didn't refer to you as 'he' anytime, did I? Oh, I always make an idiot of myself by calling chicks dudes. For now on, whenever I start talking and call a chick a dude, slap me and say, "Hey, Kero, I'm a chick!", unless you're not a chick, 'cause then it'd just be wierd.
Anywho, what was the topic? Oh yeah, you should have assumed that the TobyBro was named after a guy named Toby, in a little slightly-altered Homer-quote like this:

"I think it's a guys name; a guy named Toby."

------------------
Reality's End, Home of the R.E. League
"Once again a knife wielding maniac has shown us the way." Bart, The Simpsons

From: I dunno, somewhere | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
VaporeonsHaze
Farting Nudist
Member # 252

Member Rated:
posted 07-12-2000 10:02 PM      Profile for VaporeonsHaze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
:: Smacks himself one more time ::
hahaha... boy i'm good with the women ehh??

------------------
"You're a FAKE!" Counterfit: Limp Bizkit

Elian
Farting Nudist
Member # 486

Member Rated:
posted 07-13-2000 04:37 PM      Profile for Elian   Author's Homepage   Email Elian   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
actually, you are all TOTALLYwrong....it was kurt the nintendo rep, he created it a long time ago, about when the tourney started this year... it is in pokegym posts from march if you were wonderin.....his pokgym name was Darshu.... cause he was askin for advice on what he could change and tellin us the moveset

------------------
"The weak don't deserve to take advantage of nataku's strength!"
- Chang Wufei

www.FrostCave.com
The FrostCave online RPG

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 07-13-2000 05:42 PM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Pfft, yeah whatever, Starmie. Our Tobybro predates the March tourney anyway.

[This message has been edited by White Cat (edited 07-13-2000).]

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 07-13-2000 06:21 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I did some quick poking around and found references to the Tobybro, as we know it, in August of last year.

Regardless of whether or not Kurt "invented" the Tobybro first, I can assure you that Toby came up with it on his own.

------------------
"Rarely is the question asked: 'Is our children learning?'."
- George W. Bush

Elian
Farting Nudist
Member # 486

Member Rated:
posted 07-15-2000 03:34 PM      Profile for Elian   Author's Homepage   Email Elian   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
well then kurt musta figured it out on his own, cuz i really remember him askin all the peeps for advice on what he could change and what he should name it, but he didnt name it tobybro.. it was somethin different

------------------
"The weak don't deserve to take advantage of nataku's strength!"
- Chang Wufei

www.FrostCave.com
The FrostCave online RPG

Netbrian
Farting Nudist
Member # 482

Member Rated:
posted 07-15-2000 04:50 PM      Profile for Netbrian   Author's Homepage   Email Netbrian   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't think anyone should really be credited with "inventing" it, but Toby sort of popularized it, and got it named after himself... Anyone have a link to the his first post involving it?

------------------

From: Gresham, Oregon, USA | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 07-17-2000 04:55 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by StaRMiE121:
well then kurt musta figured it out on his own...

Yes, that's how things usually happen. With only 4 attack slots and only so many decent attacks, coming up with identical movesets is not all that odd.

As for the original posting of it, look for posts by T. Martin on alt.games.nintendo.pokemon

------------------
"Rarely is the question asked: 'Is our children learning?'."
- George W. Bush

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.