The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Moves accuracy changing in Stadium.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Moves accuracy changing in Stadium.
Hitmonrich
unregistered

posted 07-01-2000 08:13 AM           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
On GB, moves like Surf, Thunderbolt and Ice Beam are 99.6% accurate. Every now and then, I have seen one of these moves miss. (Without Double Team/Minimize/Flash/Kinesis/Sand Attack/Smokescreen being used) However, on Stadium, if the opponent has not used Double Team/Minimize/Flash/Kinesis/Sand Attack/Smokescreen, then these moves never ever miss. I have never seen Surf, Thunderbolt or Ice Beam miss on Stadium unless some accuracy decreaser or evade increaser has been used. Does this mean that moves like T-Bolt, Surf and Ice Beam are 100% accurate on Stadium? I just want to know.

Thanks.

------------------
Salamander?

IP: Logged
Mew's Dad
Farting Nudist
Member # 295

Member Rated:
posted 07-01-2000 08:35 AM      Profile for Mew's Dad   Author's Homepage   Email Mew's Dad   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah because it does say they are 100% accurate when look at the moves!

------------------
I love Mew!!

ZZTRaider
Farting Nudist
Member # 86

Member Rated:
posted 07-01-2000 10:58 AM      Profile for ZZTRaider   Email ZZTRaider   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Maybe, maybe not. Just because you've never seen them miss doesn't mean they can't (I've never seen surf miss on the GB). And Remember, there are 4, 5, and 6 year olds playing this. Nintendo is More likely to put it as 100% than 99.6% to help them understand (how many 5-year-olds do you know that understand percents and decimals?).

------------------
ZZTRaider
zztraider@hotmail.com
"Ya see, I have a great idea. Instead of printed VCR manuals, just put them on video tape so people can watch them on their VCR!"

From: A Long, Long Time Ago; In A Galaxy Far, Far Away | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Wizzymoto
Farting Nudist
Member # 60

Member Rated:
posted 07-01-2000 01:09 PM      Profile for Wizzymoto   Email Wizzymoto   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't think that having move accuracy printed at 99.6 instead of 100 would deter any 5-6 year old from buying the game. They dont care bout the numders, they just know that t-bolt hits more often than thunder, which hits more often than horn drll.

------------------
...And the two most puke-inducing words man has invented; 'baby onboard'! Who gives a [fudge]!? I certainly don't ... You know what I do? I ram these people into a utility pole! Bounce that kid around, give him a sense of reality. Life doesn't change because you post a sign!
--George Carlin

From: Irvine, CA, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
VaporeonsHaze
Farting Nudist
Member # 252

Member Rated:
posted 07-01-2000 03:37 PM      Profile for VaporeonsHaze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was using Victorybell or whatever his name is, and I used razor leaf and it missed, I almost craped my pants.

------------------
"You're a FAKE!" Counterfit: Limp Bizkit

Philbo
Farting Nudist
Member # 443

Member Rated:
posted 07-02-2000 04:00 AM      Profile for Philbo   Email Philbo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've seen ThunderBolt miss (while using my Jolteon), with no accuracy changers etc
And it made me lose the match!

------------------

I'm trying to forget myself, but if I do where will I be when I need me?
Out of Desperation, courage is born
A frog in a well does not know the ocean-Japanese proverb

Late at night, she knocks on my door
She's drunk again and she's lookin to score
I know I should say no, but
It's kinda hard when she's ready to go!
I know I'm not a dweeb
I'm just a sucker with no self esteem....-The Offspring, Selfesteem

From: Kent, England | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
DizzyBum
Farting Nudist
Member # 435

Member Rated:
posted 07-02-2000 01:49 PM      Profile for DizzyBum   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I really, REALLY hate when that happens. I needed a Surf to win the match, and there were no accuracy/evade modifiers up. Starmie uses Surf, and... IT MISSES??!?! I LOST?!?!?!? ^@%@&^@%*# FRIGGIN' STADIUM!!!!!! DIE DIE DIE DIE!!!!!!!

*ahem* Well, that's more or less how I reacted...

------------------
AIM: DizzyBum77

Dumb newbie quote:
"Put Mega Drain over Razor Leaf."

[This message has been edited by DizzyBum (edited 07-02-2000).]

From: Monroe, CT, USA | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 07-09-2000 03:10 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've also seen a 99.6 move fail with no modifiers.

------------------
KOFFING!
Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
mewtwo's fortress
Farting Nudist
Member # 591

Member Rated:
posted 07-09-2000 11:03 PM      Profile for mewtwo's fortress     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I havent either

------------------
Oh Doctor, I was in a wonderful place filled with fire and brimstone and
there were all guys in red pyjamas sticking pitchforks in my butt!
-- Homer recovers from a heart attack, "Homer's Triple Bypass"

From: the cold, dark depths of mewtwo's fortess | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Vandergant
Farting Nudist
Member # 626

Member Rated:
posted 07-09-2000 11:28 PM      Profile for Vandergant     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
99.6% Moves just love to fail for me when I'm using PKMN Yellow...

<-----Vandergant----->

------------------
"Holy crap, Vandergant, your a... a girl." --VaporeonsHaze

[This message has been edited by Vandergant (edited 07-09-2000).]

Netbrian
Farting Nudist
Member # 482

Member Rated:
posted 07-09-2000 11:30 PM      Profile for Netbrian   Author's Homepage   Email Netbrian   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
o.O

How many times has that happened Vandergant? And which moves?

------------------

From: Gresham, Oregon, USA | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Vandergant
Farting Nudist
Member # 626

Member Rated:
posted 07-10-2000 02:40 PM      Profile for Vandergant     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
At least three times. It was Thunderbolt..and the opponet wasn't Ground Baised... (Thundershock and T.Wave on that Yellow Pikachu never liked me either.)

<-----Vandergant----->

------------------
"Holy crap, Vandergant, your a... a girl." --VaporeonsHaze

Mattsaur
Farting Nudist
Member # 478

Rate Member
posted 07-20-2000 05:40 PM      Profile for Mattsaur     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've seen Psychic miss.....................

------------------
The unevoled Bulbasaur that Liberated from http://www.pokemasters.com that is starting to evolve

Pokecapn
Farting Nudist
Member # 491

Rate Member
posted 07-20-2000 10:36 PM      Profile for Pokecapn   Author's Homepage   Email Pokecapn   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Darryn:
You think that's bad?? last Tour I was at, Thunderbolt missed twice in a row, and directly after that Blizzard missed 3 times in a row!!! I mean, MY GOD!!!!
If I can calculate right, the chances of that are:

0.00000015258789%
or 1 in 65536000

surely nothing more impossible has ever happened in the world of Pokémon.....

I'm pretty sure that they are independent trials.

------------------
Yes, I am the Pokecapn from AGNP. So stop asking!

Mr.E
Farting Nudist
Member # 696

Member Rated:
posted 07-23-2000 11:50 PM      Profile for Mr.E     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The 2 most unlikely things happened to me before.

With rental Hitmonlee, I Metronomed Splash 3 times in a row.

And to go with the accuracy, I had a Kingler. It was fully DTed and SDed. No Evade modifiers on the opponent, and no accuracy modifiers on me. But I missed with Hyper Beam 4 times in a row. Luckily, my last Hyper Beam (fully PP Uped) KOed their last Pokémon.

------------------

From: Munchkin Land, Oz | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Netbrian
Farting Nudist
Member # 482

Member Rated:
posted 07-24-2000 12:55 AM      Profile for Netbrian   Author's Homepage   Email Netbrian   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Of course, sometimes I think they got the luck mixed up, and gave some of it to ME.

I got incredibly lucky in one of the Round-2 Battles, for no apperant reason...

------------------

From: Gresham, Oregon, USA | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Articuno64
Farting Nudist
Member # 668

Member Rated:
posted 07-24-2000 09:22 PM      Profile for Articuno64     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
1-hit KO's seem to hit more often in Stadium.

------------------

Starshelle
Farting Nudist
Member # 567

Rate Member
posted 07-25-2000 07:30 PM      Profile for Starshelle   Email Starshelle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Articuno64:
1-hit KO's seem to hit more often in Stadium.

Although it sucks when it's YOUR pokemon that are KOed, it rocks when YOU are the one doing it ::very evil grin:::

------------------
If everyone is weird, then wouldn't that make being weird normal? So if you're normal then wouldn't that make YOU the weird one? I know which one I am! ::grin::

From: Kansas (U.S.) | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 07-30-2000 12:04 AM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've seen surf miss

------------------
Pokémon I have as pals:
Snorlax
Muk
Dewgong
Flareon
Lickitung
Porygon

Prof. Dasugi
Farting Nudist
Member # 488

Rate Member
posted 08-11-2000 11:43 AM      Profile for Prof. Dasugi   Email Prof. Dasugi   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The thing to remember is that nothing to do with random chance can be impossible - merely highly improbable. Seeing as lots of pokemon battles happen, it seems actually quite likely that somewhere, something highly unlikely will happen, at least once.
Also remember the old phrase about the coin having no memory. I think the game is the same - unless there are small pixies inside it who think "Right, time for a Full Paralysis.".
What I mean is that each is separate. Unless someone can prove me wrong?

------------------
Prof. Dasugi
Huh? Eevee is evolving?
Eevee evolved into Eon!

What's an Eon?

squirrels
Farting Nudist
Member # 596

Rate Member
posted 08-11-2000 11:58 AM      Profile for squirrels     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i have pikachu that used thunderbolt four times in stadium and it miss every time (no changes in accuracy or fly/dig). Even when i used surf against a charizard i missed.

------------------
Welcome to Wackyland. Population: 100 nuts and a squirrels. AAAAHHHHHH

From: in a hole in some tree | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
abz1986
Farting Nudist
Member # 150

Member Rated:
posted 08-12-2000 08:04 PM      Profile for abz1986   Author's Homepage   Email abz1986   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ugg, I had t-bolt, surf, and psychic fail on me without any evade/accuracy modifyers. Very evil that stadium is

------------------
"Things happen, people die"

From: Overland Park, KS, USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Pokecapn
Farting Nudist
Member # 491

Rate Member
posted 08-12-2000 08:57 PM      Profile for Pokecapn   Author's Homepage   Email Pokecapn   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Darryn:
I don't believe you

That's a 1 in 4294967296 chance

That's like saying a coin landing on heads 5 times has a 1 in 32 chance of happening. They are INDEPENDENT TRIALS. THERE ARE NO MAGICAL THINGYS LINKING BATTLE THINGYS TOGETHER. THINGY THINGY THINGYS IS FUNNY TO THINGILY SAY THINGY THINGY.

------------------

Prof. Dasugi
Farting Nudist
Member # 488

Rate Member
posted 08-12-2000 09:13 PM      Profile for Prof. Dasugi   Email Prof. Dasugi   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It may be unlikely, but considering the number of games of pokemon played, it seems quite likely that somewhere, somewhen, the most unlikely things will happen.

------------------
Prof. Dasugi
Huh? Eevee is evolving?
Eevee evolved into Eon!

What's an Eon?

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 08-14-2000 02:10 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's like saying a coin landing on heads 5 times has a 1 in 32 chance of happening.

So? That's true. If you flipped five coins 32 times in a row, odds are that one of those times would yield five heads.

------------------
"You can't catch him. You can't train him. He's no Pocket Monster!"
-- Godzilla 2000 commercial

Pokecapn
Farting Nudist
Member # 491

Rate Member
posted 08-14-2000 12:28 PM      Profile for Pokecapn   Author's Homepage   Email Pokecapn   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by White Cat:
That's like saying a coin landing on heads 5 times has a 1 in 32 chance of happening.

So? That's true. If you flipped five coins 32 times in a row, odds are that one of those times would yield five heads.

1 coin. Seeing as there is only 1 thunderbolt move pikachu can learn at one time.

------------------

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.