The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Stadium REALLY cheats...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stadium REALLY cheats...
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 06-26-2000 07:55 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I witnessed this yesterday:

Human with Dugtrio vs. CPU with Pidgeot:

Dugtrio is switched in.
Pidgeot uses Fly.

[Human selects Dig for Dugtrio.]

Pidgeot uses Hyper Beam, killing Dugtrio.

What?

It whipped a Hyper Beam out of its ass right in the middle of a Fly, and went first when it was slower.

Hmmmm...

I can only assume that this is a bug, and not simply the Evil with Stadium.

------------------
KOFFING!
Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

[This message has been edited by Mr. K (edited 06-26-2000).]

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
PPokeM
Farting Nudist
Member # 343

Member Rated:
posted 06-26-2000 08:55 PM      Profile for PPokeM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. K:Stadium REALLY cheats...

No, really, you just figured that out? Anyway, something like that happened to me once. I was in the Poke Cup. One of the guys (I forget who) used Dig. Despite (sp?) the fact that I was 4 levels higher than the defender, had NO status ailments and full HP, the Digger went first. I had a Flying type up against it, tho

------------------
http://www.coolboard.com/boardshow.cfm/mb=922666137818757

Click if you love Growlithe.

Wizzymoto
Farting Nudist
Member # 60

Member Rated:
posted 06-26-2000 11:06 PM      Profile for Wizzymoto   Email Wizzymoto   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is it just me or did that reply make no sense... That sounds more like Stadium being stupid.

------------------
...And the two most puke-inducing words man has invented; 'baby onboard'! Who gives a [fudge]!? I certainly don't ... You know what I do? I ram these people into a utility pole! Bounce that kid around, give him a sense of reality. Life doesn't change because you post a sign!
--George Carlin

From: Irvine, CA, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
vaporeon435
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 588

Rate Member
posted 06-27-2000 01:36 AM      Profile for vaporeon435   Email vaporeon435   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yeah it does I had my fully D-Ted Jolteon vs. a paralyzed zapdos.My jolteon was weak so I used rest and he hit me with drill peak the whole time I was asleep.Then when I woke up he kept hitting me untill I ko'ed him with T-bolt.He was never fully paralyzed either and he never missed.

------------------
IM me at:vaporeon435

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 06-27-2000 01:37 AM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, that's the kinda thing we all see and suspect the computer is cheating, but theoretically, that's possible.

But breaking off in mid-Fly to Hyper Beam is off the cheating charts.

------------------
KOFFING!
Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Scorch
Farting Nudist
Member # 532

Rate Member
posted 06-27-2000 08:59 AM      Profile for Scorch   Author's Homepage   Email Scorch   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sounds like a bug to me. At least I really, really hope it's just a bug.

And about the speed issue, I think that if you and your opponent have the same speed it picks someone to go first at random. That has to be why the creature that goes first appears to arbitrarily change when neither has any status ailments. I've had that happen to me when I had my Kabutops vs CPU Dodrio. Neither of us had any speed modifiers and the critter that attacked first on each round went something like this:

me, him, him, me, me, him

So it must have been picking one of us at random.

------------------
-Scorch

ODDISH used DIVINE INTERVENTION!
JIGGLYPUFF vanished from existence!

From: Saint Louis, MO | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
ZZTRaider
Farting Nudist
Member # 86

Member Rated:
posted 06-27-2000 10:04 AM      Profile for ZZTRaider   Email ZZTRaider   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Scorch:
Sounds like a bug to me. At least I really, really hope it's just a bug.

And about the speed issue, I think that if you and your opponent have the same speed it picks someone to go first at random. That has to be why the creature that goes first appears to arbitrarily change when neither has any status ailments. I've had that happen to me when I had my Kabutops vs CPU Dodrio. Neither of us had any speed modifiers and the critter that attacked first on each round went something like this:

me, him, him, me, me, him

So it must have been picking one of us at random.

Actually, While I haven't seriously tested this, I think it has something to do with what attack is chosen. For example, If I put my Mew on my team and the CPU team, and they fight eachother, I use thunderbolt, and CPU uses Psychic, I always go first. But, it appears that if I use another move, I may go second.

------------------
ZZTRaider
zztraider@hotmail.com
"Ya see, I have a great idea. Instead of printed VCR manuals, just put them on video tape so people can watch them on their VCR!"

From: A Long, Long Time Ago; In A Galaxy Far, Far Away | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Scorch
Farting Nudist
Member # 532

Rate Member
posted 06-27-2000 10:11 AM      Profile for Scorch   Author's Homepage   Email Scorch   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hmm...

The hex code for Thunderbolt is 55,
and for Psychic it is 5E.

Maybe the move chosen does determine who goes first when speed is the same. Something to test...

------------------
-Scorch

ODDISH used DIVINE INTERVENTION!
JIGGLYPUFF vanished from existence!

From: Saint Louis, MO | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Pink Elephant
Farting Nudist
Member # 261

Member Rated:
posted 06-27-2000 11:24 AM      Profile for Pink Elephant   Author's Homepage   Email Pink Elephant   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
damn Mr. K, 1015 posts? jeez....

------------------
There is only one explanation for this- the tiny invisable ghost monkeys are changin my channels! ~Johnney Bravo

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.