The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » [ATTN: Darryn] Explanation of the 888 max stat phenomenon...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: [ATTN: Darryn] Explanation of the 888 max stat phenomenon...
Givera
Farting Nudist
Member # 234

Member Rated:
posted 06-21-2000 02:27 PM      Profile for Givera   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Alright you said on an earlier post that in game battles stats max at 888 but in links they max at 999...
Well someone (I think Meowth...) explained that having the appropriate Badge raises a stat by 1/8 (I.E. raises it to 9/8th)
Now 888 * 9/8 = 999...
Just some food for thought...
-Givera

------------------
"Yea..." -Heero Yuy

Givera
Farting Nudist
Member # 234

Member Rated:
posted 06-21-2000 07:06 PM      Profile for Givera   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Darryn:
Eek.....my head hurts!

LOL! Do i need to explain better?

I *THINK* the reason your stats cann't increase past 888 is because the badges increase the stats by 1/8th of the original...

888 * 1/8 = 111
888 + 111 = 999

I think you can figure out what I'm implying...

One last thought - You didn't have the badges that correspond to the abilities you were testing did you?? That might have caused the "phenomenon" you noticed...
-Givera

------------------
"Yea..." -Heero Yuy

Givera
Farting Nudist
Member # 234

Member Rated:
posted 06-22-2000 01:22 PM      Profile for Givera   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Alright here's a post you made earlier:

quote:
When Defence is 887, Harden may be used once. When 888 or above, it
cannot be used at all.

When Defence is 591, Harden may be used twice. When between 592 and 887, it can be used once.

When Defence is 443, Harden may be used thrice. When between 444 and 591, it can be used twice.

When Defence is 355, Harden may be used 4 times. When between 356 and 443, it can be used thrice.

When Defence is 295, Harden may be used 5 times. When between 296 and 355, it can be used 4 times.

When Defence is 253 or below, Harden may be used 6 times. When between 254 and 295, it can be used 5 times.

Now like I said a badge raises a Stat by 1/8th in battle so here - I'll enter it again and raise all the numbers... tell me if the data looks like what you would expect...

quote:
When Defence is 997.875, Harden may be used once. When 999 or above, it
cannot be used at all.

When Defence is 664.875, Harden may be used twice. When between 741.125 and 997.875, it can be used once.

When Defence is 498.375, Harden may be used thrice. When between 499.5 and 664.875, it can be used twice.

When Defence is 399.375, Harden may be used 4 times. When between 400.5 and 498.375, it can be used thrice.

When Defence is 331.875, Harden may be used 5 times. When between 333 and 399.375, it can be used 4 times.

When Defence is 284.625 or below, Harden may be used 6 times. When between 285.75 and 331.875, it can be used 5 times.

Now I didn't round because I'm not sure of how the program rounds but I *THINK* if it's .5 or below round down, above .5 round up...
Try calculating that out again tell me what you get...

BTW - You said you tested it with the badges... remember how they say the Badge will give you a stat boost? Well in game battles it gives you a stat boost but they don't SHOW you the boost - I.E. looking at your stat screen will still show the same values before the boost... just like using Amnesia or anything like that won't show up when you check your stats...
I bet if you tried testing the abilities without any badges you find the stats max out at 999...
-Givera

------------------
"Yea..." -Heero Yuy

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.